Awesome German Unit Graphics

shramj

Fähnrich
Hello Everyone, I am new to Civ3 and really like the idea of making our own units. I tried to make my own but I am not good with animations/graphics and gave up. If you are a unit mod maker, I have posted some kewl graphics that you can use to make mods, I got these off the internet, these were unit mods for the Western Front game. I am hoping someone that knows how to make mods can use these graphics to make some kewl units for Civ3. Please e-mail me at shramj@cox.net if you have any questions, I also found some kewl tank sounds, firing and moving ones. Please let me know if you are going to use these graphics, I would be curious as to how they work out for you. Later, Joe

Attachments

• ef2_vehicles.jpg
    ef2_vehicles.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 5,587
Here is the zip file containing 6 different views of each of the units above. I know you need to have 8 different views in Civ3 but hopefully the resizing and adding the 2 other views will be easy since this zip has 6 views of each unit. Thanks, Joe

Attachments

• ef2_axis_vehicles.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 880
Awesome!!! I love them!!! And German units!!!:love: . It's just a pleasure to work on them, but I have to say that Kentonio would do the cutest work, because he creates awesome tank units.
Now I'm doing some airplane creations (a Heinkel He-111, and finishing Stainz's Avro Arrow), and I'm creating a Flammenwerfer, based in nonnob3's Waffen SS unit, and SpencerH's fire galley animation:).
But if no-one is interested in work on these vehicles you have post, I'll try to work on it (when I get less busy;)) for the Third Reich Creation Team:king:
bye!!!:goodjob:

(but now, I'll try the Jagdpanther...just awesome:eek: )

Ok, I've begin working on it. it's more difficult to do the E & W animations that I expected, so I'll create all the defaults animations, with shadows, without the E&W animations. I hope someone more experienced than me could finish the units;)
Now I'm finishing the Jagdpanther:cool:

Those are some cool graphics and I hope they are made as units, especially like the camouflage. Again welcome to civ3.:cool: :cool:

Ok, buddies. I've finished the default animation of the jagdpanther, without the E&W animations:(. I hope someone experienced could finish it.I'm glad to say that I've done a part of the work:).
Another day I'll do another unit, but now it's late, and I'm tired:p .
Hope it helps:

Attachments

• jagdpantherdefault.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 414
Awesome work Pablostuka, I e-mailed Kentonio about the images I posted above, hopefully he will be able to get some new units created for us. I think I will load the Western Front game and see if I can pull some graphics off of it, the game was kewl in the aspect that it had a ton of WWII units, maybe we can get some into Civ3. Also, can't wait until you get some planes out. I will post a zip file with some new sound effects that I found under your sound effect post. Later, Joe

I'm glad you liked it. I'll do the same work with the another vehicles you posted. I hope kentonio will be able to finish them, they look great!.
And it's a great idea to post more graphics from that game, maybe we are building an "unit Factory":p .
And if you have interesting sounds just post them in the sounds thread
Bye!!:king:

I attached a bunch in this one, I hope this helps, some of the units are the same but have different color schemes. Also, if someone can make a tiger using one of these pictures, they would rock! Later, Joe

Attachments

• images.zip
    457.2 KB · Views: 364
Im struggling for time quite badly, still got to finish the death.flc's for the Sherman and T34 and working long hours but if you post or email me what youve done so far Pablo I'll try and finish them off for you.

Kentonio

Kentonio. Thank you very much. I'll begin the work on that vehicles. I have seen all the units shramj posted, and they're very interesting (specially the Konigstiger, Stug III, Tiger elephant or the Kübelwagen), but I cannot do the work for ALL the units :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:
In the next hours I hope had finished another vehicle;)
bye!!:king:

Thanks guys. Hey Pablostuka here are some planes that you may like to use since you really like making the planes. When you guys learned how to make these mods, did you find something on the internet explaining how to make them? I will try again but I need some help so I can learn how to do it. I tried following the tutorial in the tutorial section but it didn't help me. Thanks, shramj

Attachments

• planes.zip
    87.5 KB · Views: 272
If someone can make the still images of the tiger tank, I will try to make the animation for it, how are you guys going to make the east and west views since they are missing? Also, if you have downloaded the images I attached above, does anyone know what the Up01020.BMP is? Is that one a Panzer tank?

Wooow, I love that planes, specially the P-38 Lightning;).
And the Up01020.bmp is a Königstiger (or king Tiger), a Panzer VI Tiger II, with a Porsche turret.It was the most powerful tank os the WW2, armed with a 88mm cannon, and a very heavy armor.
But I don't understand what is painted with desert camouflage.it was never used in the Africa campaign:confused:

Attachments

• up01020.gif
    up01020.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 4,695
I will see what I can do with the E & W views. It shouldn't be that difficult with the rest of the 6 direction ready.

Come to think of it, I started my Truck animation with only a black & white side profile photo. :lol: So this should be much easier than the Truck! :D

Expect something by tomorrow. ;)

Thanks, Dark Sheer!!!If you complete the default animation, I'll be able to do the attack & run animation (the death will be more difficult:rolleyes: ).

And if someone is interested, here is a list of all the armored vehicles pictures shramj posted:
German vehicles
Panzer III, Panzer IV, Panther, Jagdpanther, Tiger, Königstiger, Tiger Elephant, StuG III, Marder III, Mobelwagen IV (Flakpanzer), Sdkfz 7 (Transport vehicle & panzerjäger), Wespe, BMW motorbike with sidecar, kübelwagen, Opel Blitz & Mercedes Benz trucks, and Sdkfz 251 troop transport
American vehicles
M4Sherman (and firefly version), M-10 tank destroyer, Chafee, and 2 more vehicles, but I don't know their name:rolleyes: .

If someone is specially interested in one of these vehicles, just let us know.Maybe we can create the animation;)

Enjoy!!!:king:

A quick tweak with Animation Shop and then Paint Shop Pro and here is the result.

Sorry that I extended the number of frames to 10. I hate to see stationery vehicles so I make it shake a little. :p

Here is the animated gif of Default W and the flc for Default W is in the next post. All you need to do is to mirror image it for the E view. :)

Alternatively, if you don't like the movement, just copy the frist frame into your Storyboard file. :cool:

Attachments

• jagdpantherdefault_w.gif
    jagdpantherdefault_w.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 5,158
Top Bottom