Awiakta, fictional native american LH

I guess only Ekmek and maybe Capo worked that much on their LHs previously

Yep, I didn't spend that much time on a LH. That's because I made LHs because I needed them, not because I enjoyed making them. Still, I'm very pleased with my creations.

Yep, I didn't spend that much time on a LH. That's because I made LHs because I needed them, not because I enjoyed making them. Still, I'm very pleased with my creations.

With good reason, you have made some really nice LHs. I like Afonso Henriques especially, know him from RFCE.:)
It isn't necessary to spend that much time to make a good LH. Also i'm not sure if it's worth the effort but i really enjoy creating them.

...Still, I hope you will surprise us with some more awesome leaders like this ;)

Sorry to disappoint you but that will not happen anytime soon. I'm currently making lots of units for Colonization/TAC. Maybe after that. And i will only make Leaderheads which fit into Colonization too.

Yeah, I know your work is primarly for Colonization
So 2 awesome LHs it is... for now ;)

Please upload the other one too
Also, you should make another thread for your units. I saw a couple of them, and they were also superb!

melcher kürzer;10138233 said:
With good reason, you have made some really nice LHs. I like Afonso Henriques especially, know him from RFCE.:)

Well, Afonso Henriques is not really my job. It was a LH made by cfkane, that I converted to Alfonso with The Capo's help. I didn't do that much work on this particular one.

Files are approved again. Download link is in the first post.

...Please upload the other one too
Also, you should make another thread for your units. I saw a couple of them, and they were also superb!

As i mentioned earlier, i will do that. Just need some time.:D

Again, very nice work. Not only does she look very good, also the animation works without visible glitches as well. :goodjob:

She has a rather high polycount, but I don't think that is much of a problem. If you want to improve her performance a bit you could try to bake her textures into one file. You can notice this when you look at her in the 'pedia. The vanilla leaderheads are shown nearly instantly, while your leaderhead takes about 1 second to show up.

Again, very nice work. Not only does she look very good, also the animation works without visible glitches as well. :goodjob:

Thanks again. :) I appreciate that you give me feedback after you tested her ingame.
Personally i'm not so happy about the furious animation. She looks very odd when she moves her head to the left. I think this is because her teeth consists of one single mesh and you can see it in that particular position. But i think this is a minor issue, maybe i'll try to fix that someday.

She has a rather high polycount, but I don't think that is much of a problem. If you want to improve her performance a bit you could try to bake her textures into one file. You can notice this when you look at her in the 'pedia. The vanilla leaderheads are shown nearly instantly, while your leaderhead takes about 1 second to show up.

Yep. Most (i guess about 50%) polygons are used for the jewelry. I have tried to delete all unnesassary polygons and to make the Leaderhead performance-friendly.
The Leaderhead is almost like the Colonization-LHs (Cunhambebe, Dutch-King, etc.), exept the textures.
Personally i don't notice any difference in the loading time between these Leaderheads ('pedia too). But i will take a look at this, maybe i will rework the LH sometime.
I will keep that in mind for future projects anyway.:thumbsup:
Don't forget, i'm just a beginner with leaderheads. Any improvement suggestions are welcome.

melcher kürzer;10159926 said:
Thanks again. :) I appreciate that you give me feedback after you tested her ingame.
Personally i'm not so happy about the furious animation. She looks very odd when she moves her head to the left. I think this is because her teeth consists of one single mesh and you can see it in that particular position. But i think this is a minor issue, maybe i'll try to fix that someday.
I didn't made her furious, so I missed that part. :lol:
I looked at that animation now and I think it's still okay. I know that teeths and eyes can cause some problems, so I settled with using the original meshes of those for my leaderheads. This way, I have some orientation where the head should be placed and small corrections to fit them to the head correctly can be done with dummy nodes with no problems.
Yep. Most (i guess about 50%) polygons are used for the jewelry. I have tried to delete all unnesassary polygons and to make the Leaderhead performance-friendly.
The Leaderhead is almost like the Colonization-LHs (Cunhambebe, Dutch-King, etc.), exept the textures.
Personally i don't notice any difference in the loading time between these Leaderheads ('pedia too). But i will take a look at this, maybe i will rework the LH sometime.
I think leaderheads (in contrast to units) are rather unproblematic when it comes to high polycounts and/or lots of texture files because they are only loaded when needed. The reduction of the texture file number and size however helps to save some hard drive space and gives the leaderhead folder a more "cleaner" feeling, so I normally invest a bit extra work time there.

By the way, the polycount could be halved by using NiTriShape instead of NiTriStrips for the meshes. If this also boosts the performance I don't really know however, maybe NiTriStrips has some other benefits. :dunno:
Those two can be exchanged using NifSkope only. I already successfully tested it with your leaderhead. If you want to know about that, I could explain how it is done. It's not too much work.
I will keep that in mind for future projects anyway.:thumbsup:
Don't forget, i'm just a beginner with leaderheads. Any improvement suggestions are welcome.
Sure thing. Nobody starts perfect and I'm always happy to share the little knowledge I gathered so far.

By the way, the polycount could be halved by using NiTriShape instead of NiTriStrips for the meshes. If this also boosts the performance I don't really know however, maybe NiTriStrips has some other benefits. :dunno:

I'm not totally sure about the difference between these two but i read once it's better to use Strips (for better performance too). Also Ekmek uses in his Leaderhead Guide for the export settings the "Stripify Geometries" option too.
Therefore i will stay with Strips until someone explains me why it would be better to use Shapes instead.

Those two can be exchanged using NifSkope only. I already successfully tested it with your leaderhead. If you want to know about that, I could explain how it is done. It's not too much work...

Thanks, but i already know how to do that.

Anyway, i'm currently working on a new LH and should finish him in the next few days.
And i will upload Orkeke too.
Should i start new threads about them or is it ok to edit this thread instead (title, startpost, etc.)?

I think you should make a leaderhead gallery, almost all LH makers have one
Soon you will have 3 LHs, and I suppose in time you may create some more, so go ahead
Not to mention your LHs are top quality, it would be nice if everyone could easily find all of them

I think you should make a leaderhead gallery, almost all LH makers have one
Soon you will have 3 LHs, and I suppose in time you may create some more, so go ahead
Not to mention your LHs are top quality, it would be nice if everyone could easily find all of them
:agree:
I'd say start a new thread as a gallery thread. As from my experience, this way there might be not so much immediately response as you get with single leaderhead threads, but in the long run it's the better choice since pictures of all your leaderheads will be in one place and people who notice you because of a certain leaderhead will also get to know your other work. :)

I'm looking forward to your other leaderheads. And don't forget to upload your units, too. ;)

Top Bottom