1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AW's Minor Nitpicks Mod Collection

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by AW Arcaeca, Oct 2, 2013.

1. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

A brief playtest shows that the trade route gold increase isn't working, but the increased sea trade route range is. I also have a better text for the ability:

"Retains 50% of the Happiness benefits from a Luxury Resource if your last copy of it is traded away. +50% sea trade route range. Increased Trade Route gold during golden ages."

As for that Egypt UA mod, what would I do to modmod it to have a maximum percentage increase? Just tack on <Max>#</Max> to the yields?

2. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

<Max> is not a valid column of the <Building_YieldModifiers> table and so will result in an error. You would need to edit the lua file by adding a line something along the lines of "if not (pCity:GetNumBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_E_UA_R) >= #) then" before the line that adds the dummy building, plus a corresponding end statement.

I'm suspecting the current XML column I'm using for the gold bonus won't accomplish what we're looking for, but there's another one that sounds like it might work...

3. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

So before line 8 or line 9? Actually, I'm not sure if the max value applied would effect both traits. Basically, capping out at ten wonders seems good for me (the Cities of Marble mod would make this modified UA incredibly strong with all its new national wonders), so +20% production and +50% culture in a city.

4. Kraken98

Kraken98 Chieftain

Out of curiosity, what's the Quecha replacement for the Inca do? (I'd check it out in-game to avoid bothering you, but I don't got Inca DLC).
    Can't wait to try out the other mods! I'm especially looking forward to Egypt Rebuilt with the Future Tech. Thanks again AW.

5. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

What it looks like right now:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(
    function(iPlayer)
    	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
    	for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
    		pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_E_UA_R, (pCity:GetNumNationalWonders() + pCity:GetNumWorldWonders()))
    	end
    end)

What the change would look like:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    GameEvents.PlayerDoTurn.Add(
    function(iPlayer)
    	local pPlayer = Players[iPlayer]
    	for pCity in pPlayer:Cities() do
    		[COLOR="Blue"]if not (pCity:GetNumBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_E_UA_ R) >= 10) then[/COLOR]
    			pCity:SetNumRealBuilding(GameInfoTypes.BUILDING_E_UA_R, (pCity:GetNumNationalWonders() + pCity:GetNumWorldWonders()))
    		[COLOR="blue"]end[/COLOR]
    	end
    end)

Quechua is basically stolen straight from Civ4: 2x combat vs. archery units. It's not nearly as useful as that is in Civ4 but it's something. :dunno:

6. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

The production bonus from the Egypt tweak appears to be working, but the culture bonus is not. Using IGE to pump wonders didn't boost my culture further, but it did make my crappy jungle start (they are set to avoid this what the heck game) with no worked hammer tiles quicker in production.

7. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

:confused: I wouldn't know why. To my knowledge, using <Building_YieldModifiers> has always worked fine with culture. No errors from the log? The city screen culture display doesn't say "+x% from buildings"?
    Then again, culture is weird. To begin with, it's technically not a yield... :crazyeye:

8. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

I forgot to check the logs. World builder is loading all of my mods, so the old logs from the test are gone.

9. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

OFFICIAL UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Added: Korea Icon Color Edit
    Updated: Netherlands UA Xtended
    Planned: Scout Cavalry

Comment: Not sure if this change to NUAX will work; if it doesn't maybe we ought to abandon the idea entirely. And I'll get Scout Cavalry done eventually, hopefully - the problem at hand is I just flat out forgot to do it. :p

- My name is AW and I approve this message.

10. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Getting a 403 on the download link

11. Cissnei

Cissnei Warlord

same T_T

12. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

It looks to me like there's been some sort of reorganization to the dropbox GUI so I mostly likely forgot a step somewhere. Replaced the link on the download page - hopefully with the right link - so try it again, I guess.
    There's too many steeeeeps to make a direct download link from Dropbox :p

13. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Now that I finally sat down and completed my mod game, I can test out things once more.

Netherlands boosting trade route gold during golden ages still doesn't work. Since that's likely going to remain the same, then perhaps a reversal of that function might work? Instead of happiness leading to more gold, we can have more gold lead to happiness. Is it possible for a trade route to provide happiness (likely with dummy buildings)? +2 happiness per active trade route or something like that sounds like a fairly useful thing to have.

As for Egypt, the way it currently is provides no culture. I'm on the cusp of figuring it out, but it's early, I'm tired, and I hit a dead end. Basically, culture as a yield like that doesn't work. So I looked at an existing building that provided a percentage boost to culture. This is what should be used:
    <CultureRateModifier>5</CultureRateModifier>
    And I just slapped that in the buildings table right under the BuildingClass (deleting the old failed culture boost). IGE shows that this works as intended, but with my tweaks the invisible building isn't applied to the city by default. So I don't know what's going on there. Probably just misplacing where that tag should go.

14. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

I have no idea what <CultureRateModifier> is or does, but if it's anything like <Culture>, it doesn't work in non-vanilla.
    Maybe you could post the code of what tweaks you made? There always the possibility that you made some error. No reports from the logs? :(

Happiness is a fairly difficult thing to work with (particularly unhappiness), but yes, as long you want to add and integer value via dummy buildings, it should be possible. But I have no idea why it's not working; we've tried everything we could think of.

Neither do I have any idea why using culture as yield doesn't work, because it works perfectly fine to use it in a very similar table, <Building_YieldChanges>. (the difference being that instead of a percentage yield modifier, it generates a fixed integer yield) But then, Firaxis is notorious among modders for hardcoding the DLL in such ways...

15. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Well the <CultureRateModifier> is what the broadcast tower uses. It adds +33% culture in the city where it is built. I assume the invisible dummy building is applied again every time a new wonder is made, so I figured that would work. And no, I saw nothing in the logs.

This is what I guessed and apparently doesn't work:

Code:
    <Buildings>
    		<Row>
    			<Type>BUILDING_E_UA_R</Type>
    			<BuildingClass>BUILDINGCLASS_E_UA_R</BuildingClass>
    			<CultureRateModifier>5</CultureRateModifier>
    			<GreatWorkCount>-1</GreatWorkCount>
    			<Cost>-1</Cost>
    			<FaithCost>-1</FaithCost>
    			<PrereqTech>NULL</PrereqTech>
    		</Row>
    	</Buildings>
    	<Building_YieldModifiers>
    		<Row>
    			<BuildingType>BUILDING_E_UA_R</BuildingType>
    			<YieldType>YIELD_PRODUCTION</YieldType>
    			<Yield>2</Yield>
    		</Row>
    	</Building_YieldModifiers>

16. Crown8

Crown8 Chieftain

Fantastic! Thanks!

17. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Okay, maybe this effect for the Netherlands can replace the golden age trade route bonuses. During golden ages, a certain percentage of excess happiness contributes to gold income. I'm not sure what percent value would be the most balanced here. 50%? I guess that works. In late game with a bunch of happiness, that'd just act as another trade route or two. But this at least has half synergy with their base ability of gaming happiness with luxuries.

18. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

I think this change should be fairly easy to code, but it will require extra scripting to make that additional 50% gold actually show up on the top panel that shows how much gold you're receiving and where you're getting it from. So I won't be getting around to doing that. (Basically, my method involves directly infusing gold amounts into the moneystream, but it can't be tracked that way) Do you care either way?

19. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Nope, don't care so long as it functions.

20. AW Arcaeca

AW Arcaeca Deus Vult

Change made (theoretically), reuploaded with a link I'm fairly certain won't result in a 403.