AW's Minor Nitpicks Mod Collection

AW Arcaeca

Deus Vult
AW's Minor Nitpicks: A Mod Collection
~ Because the sea is exactly the wrong shade of blue ~

The Minor Nitpick Mods are a collection of small mods that tweak the slightest little elements of the game to satisfy that tiny thing in the game that has become a bother for one reason or another.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am taking requests. However, in the spirit of being nitpick-ish, the requests must be extremely easy and fast to code and have an incredibly tiny effect on the game. Therefore, my target audience is mostly people who don't know how to make the changes themselves.
As my target audience is non-modders, I don't expect them to know what can and can't be changed extremely easily. If they don't know, I can tell them. :)

The mods are not available for individual download. Personally, I think it would be such a bother to upload each individual >1MB mod on the database. So I threw them all in a folder and made that one folder available for download.
But to clarify: You are not forced to have all the mods activated at once. The download contains several stand-alone mods that you can individually copy into your MODS folder. You can pick and choose which ones you want, you'll just have to download all of them at once.

All of the mods can be identified by the (AWMN) tag in front of their name.

None of the mods are tested. Hypothetically they work, but if they don't just tell me and I'll see what I can do about it.

I can't do user interface (UI) modding.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CURRENT COLLECTION:
KEY: Does not Affect Saved Games Affects Saved Games [Requested by:] {Dependencies}

• (AWMN) Austria-Poland Icon Color Swap Mod: Swaps the color schemes of Austria and Poland. [cissnei] {G&K, BNW}
  • (AWMN) Disable All Nonmodded Civs Mod: Sets all vanilla, G&K, BNW and DLC civs to unplayable by both the human and AI. ONLY TO BE USED ALONGSIDE MODS THAT ADD NEW CIVILIZATIONS. [scheva007] N/A
  • (AWMN) Egyptian UA Rebuilt Mod: Changes the Egyptian UA to: +2% Production and +5% Culture per National and World wonder in a city. [Kraken98] {BNW}
  • (AWMN) Extended Battleship Visibility Mod: Grants battleships an extra +1 to visibility range. [Kraken98] N/A
  • (AWMN) Future Tech Stacking Modifiers Mod: Upon researching Future Tech, all cities recieve +1% Food, Science, Production, and Gold. This stacks everytime you research Future tech. Capital gets +2% yields instead. [Kraken98] {BNW}
  • (AWMN) Gold Deposit Spawn Edit Mod: Allows the Gold resource to spawn in tundras. [Makenshi] {N/A}
  • (AWMN) Invisible Great Wall Mod: Makes the Great Wall invisible. [Mustakrakish] N/A
  • (AWMN) Korea Icon Color Edit Mod: Changes the blue in Korea's color scheme to black. Also changes the Barbarian color scheme to pure black. [cissnei] {Korea DLC}
  • (AWMN) Lumbermill Yield Change Mod: Makes lumbermills yield an additional production at the cost of one food. [Makenshi] {N/A}
  • (AWMN) Netherlands UA Xtended Mod: Adds +50% sea trade route range and additional trade route gold yields during Golden Ages to the Netherlands' UA. [pyroflare77] {G&K, BNW}
  • (AWMN) Operation Save the Lancer Mod: Increases the strength of lancers and all derivative UUs to 30 and increases their vs. mounted bonus from 33% to 50%.[Makenshi] {N/A}
  • (AWMN) Rename Constantinople Mod: Renames the Byzantine city of Constantinople to Byzantium. N/A {G&K}
  • (AWMN) Remove Zulu Mod: Removes the Zulu from the game entirely. [???] {BNW}
  • (AWMN) Slinger-Quechua Mod: Changes the Incan UU to the Quechua (warrior replacement) and allows slingers to be trained by anyone. N/A {Spain/Inca DLC}
  • (AWMN) Venice Annexation Mod: Allows Venice to annex cities, but they still may not build settlers. [Crown8] {BNW}
  • (AWMN) Wasteland Pantheon Buffs Mod: Makes Desert Folklore generate culture on oases and Dance of the Aurora generate production on tundra. [Makenshi] {G&K}

SPECIAL CREDIT:
danrell: Graphics (Slinger-Quechua)
JFD: Coding (Disable All Nonmodded Civs)

Civfanatics Download

Alright! Sorry to necro a thread that nobody cares about (I did get moderator permission though), but just a brief announcement there:

Totally converted the old Slinger/Quechua Mod thread (most people are probably thinking "what thread?") into this one. Slinger-Quechua mod has been merged into the AWMN mods.
I think the OP speaks for itself. Once again announcing that I am taking requests and that this thread's intended audience is non-modders, so modders, you guys can just walk away shaking your heads mumbling. ;)

I have a request to tweak the Netherlands' UA. In addition to the current UA, could you tack on +50% sea trade route range and double income from trade routes during golden ages?

I can, but to clarify, did you want just 2x income for trade routes to occur during golden ages, or both effects?
(Sorry for slightly late reply)

Sea trade route range increase is always on. The trade route income boost is just for golden ages.

Basically I've always felt that the Netherlands' UA is part of a greater whole that just isn't there. These two additions will make that greater whole by making them more flavorful, and the AI will be able to use them, too.

Your wish is granted, sir. :) Netherlands UA Xtended Mod is ready to download.
Per usual, I didn't playtest it, so I don't know of its functionality. Naturally, it's not a visible change.
I assumed you meant specifically naval trade routes receive 2x income during golden ages. But if not, it's an easily remedied change.

Invalid Reference on Traits.FreeBuilding - "BUILDING_N_UA_X_1" does not exist in Buildings

The second effect also appeared to not work. I also have no idea if you tweaked it to match my intention or not but looking around in the tags and doing some googling, the sea trade route gold bonus is apparently not a percentage, but rather a value. So 100 would just equate to 1 gold. I don't know if the golden age would add the gold to all current trade routes or only to new ones, either. I'm not sure if this part of the mod can work in its current concept if the trade route gold bonus isn't a percentage.

Yeah, I just realized that there are no buildings in the game that add a percentage modifier to trade route yields. :/ Should I keep it as the flat bonus or remove it altogether?

I also discovered the root of the problem with the errors you report; it mainly involves not thinking very clearly while coding. :cringe:

I suppose a flat trade route increase of 6 gold during golden ages will have to suffice. That's 150% of the East India Company, and you can probably just use its coding there. But other civs won't get anything from the golden age trades, of course. It seems a bit small, but that's a normal length golden age giving you a nice chunk of gold if you have a lot of trade routes.

I'm not sure how easily this modification could be done, or if it's even possible. I have very little modding experience. But here goes. . .

Change Great Works Display area so that:
The frame is colored, different colors mean different type of Great Work (Writing, Art, Artifact, Music).
Each Great Work has the Civilization symbol/coat-of-arms of its creator in the center of the square.
A number is laid over the Civilization symbol to represent the Age it was created. 1 = Ancient, 2 = Classical, et cetera.

I'm not sure how easily this modification could be done, or if it's even possible. I have very little modding experience. But here goes. . .

Change Great Works Display area so that:
The frame is colored, different colors mean different type of Great Work (Writing, Art, Artifact, Music).
Each Great Work has the Civilization symbol/coat-of-arms of its creator in the center of the square.
A number is laid over the Civilization symbol to represent the Age it was created. 1 = Ancient, 2 = Classical, et cetera.
:wow:
Yeah... that's some pretty extensive UI modding you're describing there, which I have absolutely no experience with. I can break the Great Works Display though, if you'd prefer. :lol:

Well, thanks for giving it to me straight, I really appreciate it. :)
Do you think that there might be a simple way to make Great People choose-able? ie, I can decide between Socrates and Einstein for a Great Scientist?
Or does that fall into the same category as my previous suggestion? :sad:

Well, thanks for giving it to me straight, I really appreciate it. :)
Do you think that there might be a simple way to make Great People choose-able? ie, I can decide between Socrates and Einstein for a Great Scientist?
Or does that fall into the same category as my previous suggestion? :sad:
Is there a simple way to let you choose what name you want...?
As in, a window pops up saying "a great scientist has spawned! Do you dub him Einstein or Socrates?"?

Because, since that would require a window, that's UI modding, and we already know how I feel about that. (Although I am trying to get my feet wet in the waters of UI modding, although it's not going terribly great since I decided to do the cannonball straight into the 30ft. end of the pool with by feet tied together by lead chains without learning how to swim at all :p)
Unless there's some other way, which I can't think of. Currently the game just runs through a predetermined list of GS names until it runs out.

So a simple way? Not that I'm aware of. But I could extend the GS name list to about 50x longer and make every name switch off between Socrates and Einstein. :crazyeye:

Alright. I really am sorry about my previous posts. But here's some that I think aren't UI-style mods.

1. Submarines can't torpedo through land. See http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=424153

• Battleships get an extra LoS (I hate that Caravels got a longer LoS)

• Scout --> Scout Cavalry (with Horseback Riding) --> Knight (Chivalry)

• Golden Age counter doesn't stop during Golden Ages

• (Not sure if this one'll be so easy. . .) Each time you research "Future Tech" all cities get +1% of each: Food (not Growth), Science, Production, Gold. Capital gets +2% bonuses instead.

• Egypt loses its Wonder-building bonus, gets +2% Production, +5% Culture per Wonder instead.

Again, given my target audience I don't expect people to know what is or isn't possible. It's no problem. :)

No idea how to do 1 or 4.
2 and 3 should be fairly easy.
5 and 6 should also be fairly easy as long as you don't care about dummy buildings piling up in your cities, which we can make invisible by exploiting some BNW XML features. ;) Not recommended if you plan to play this mod with G&K or vanilla.

That said, which ones do you want done? It'll all be included in an update along with pyroflare's requested changes, plus an old "remove Zulu mod" I dug up from a while ago.

If you're willing to do 2,3,5, and 6, I will think you're the awesomest thing since BNW. :D
As a clarification, can #6 apply to both World and National Wonders?

Again, thanks for looking at my posts, I really appreciate you doing this for us non-modders.

I believe it should work for both world and national wonders, yes.
I don't have a lot of time tonight, but I'll see what I can get done tomorrow.

So, my current build queue is:
1. ADD: Remove Zulu
2. UPDATE: Netherlands UA Xtended
3. BUILD: Extended Battleship Visibility Range (2)

4. BUILD: Scout Cavalry (3)
5. BUILD: Egyptian UA Rebuilt (6)
6. BUILD: Future Tech Stacking Modifiers (5)

7. BUILD: Seeeeeeeecret Project that I'll add to this thread but won't be included in the actual pack

I figure that JFD's got Piety and Prestige, Sukritact's got Events & Decisions, Pouakai's got More Wonders... I feel pressured to have more released mods than just my new civs. :lol: And I've already been making these simple mods for a while for people in the discussions forums who say something like "Man, I wish X was less like X and more like Y, then the game sure would be swell", so why not just compile them all and make it my official non-civ modding "business", if you will?

EDIT: 10 minutes later and already have the first two crossed off. :p
EDIT: And then another 5ish minutes later...
EDIT: At about 4:00PM USCT the next day...

Thanks again, AW, you're really generous doing this. Keep up the great work!

OFFICIAL UPDATE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Added: Egyptian UA Rebuilt
Added: Extended Battleship Visibility
Added: Future Tech Stacking Modifiers
Added: Remove Zulu
Updated: Netherlands UA Xtended

Comment: I haven't yet added the scout cavalry one 'cuz I need to find some good unit graphics for it first. If you have a particular one in mind, link me the unit graphics thread; else, I'll probably just use danrell's Babylonian Horseman.

Reminder that I don't playtest these mods, so plz don't yell at me for any potential errors. :sad: Just post any errors you find in the logs - granted they'll need to be enabled first - and I'll take a look at it.

...And a reminder to pay special attention to the dependencies; not my fault that the mod doesn't work if you try playing G&K with Egyptian UA Rebuilt. :p

- My name is AW and I approve this message.

Top Bottom