AW's New Civilizations | The Sixteen Nation Project [G&K/BNW]

How should the Berbers be updated?

• Total voters
Mod list and logs?

Guess who's getting an update next; hint

Spoiler :

Is there any Hungarian national holiday that I should try to release the new Magyars on?

Greeks, I don't care; Minoans are being rereleased ASAP. Also, they have pretty much the coolest UI that I've ever made.

Also, if anyone wants to find the YnAEMP coordinates for both or either civ for me, that would be

I really hate doing YnAEMP because 1) WorldBuilder takes so long to load, 2) I never know what the most up-to-date version is, 3) I can never figure out which database table goes to which map, 4) miscellaneous, and 5) etc.

Also if anyone wants to convert a civ4 improvement for me, that would be swell as well; I tried but the improvement showed up in game rotated 90°, so that it was basically a sideways building sticking up from the ground, and then when I went to fix the model and try again, the game started crashing for no apparent reason. So apparently I have no idea what I'm doing, in fact.

Last edited:
So (if anyone still follows this thread), I'm toying with the idea of replacing the Harappan UU, the Parashu Axeman, with something like a Seal Workshop UB or UI. I mean, the Harappan civilization was not a particularly bellicose civilization; very few weapons have been unearthed, so although the Parashu Axeman is tactically useful for clearing out Barbarian encampments early on (with its 30% bonus vs. melee units), it is by pretty much any account a poor representation of the Harappans. Plus, it's an anachronism - the Parashu features most prominently as a sacred weapon in Hinduism, well after the Harappan civilization.

I like seals because, along with beads, they're one of the most important goods traded by the Harappans, they're (almost) uniquely Harappan, and they really put a point on the importance of trade to their civilization. I'd like to make it into a UI, just so I don't have 2 UBs. (I think the EU3 African Admiralty or Tax Assessor would make for a good model) But I have no idea what its effect would be. Probably something to do with gold and production, but I don't know. Any ideas?

Meanwhile I'm doing stuff

Also I finally got the YnAEMP coordinates for all my civs for all the maps for v24, so I can start adding support for that in.

And just to reiterate, I have a Civ4 improvement graphic that I need converted if anyone's willing

Well, I had a few ideas...

Spoiler :

UB: Seal Workshop
Replaces the monument. +1 :c5culture: culture for each outgoing :trade: trade route. Additional +2 :c5culture: culture after archaeology.

UB: Barrier
Replaces Walls. For each river tiles worked, gain 5% of the :c5food: food consumed when a new :c5citizen: citizen is born as :c5culture: culture. Also grants +1 extra :c5strength: strength to the city for each adjacent river tile.

UI: Bath
Unlocked at the wheel. May not be adjacent to another bath, and may only be built on tiles with fresh water. The bath initially grants +2 :c5culture: culture. However, it grants a sum of :c5goldenage: golden age points upon completion, in addition to providing +1 :c5happy: happiness for every 10 :c5citizen: citizens in the city.

I don't see how a seal workshop UI would work though, especially considering how terrain based the civ already is.

Well, okay - I'm still committed to making my civs backwards compatible with G&K, which doesn't have any means to prevent two improvements of the same type from being built next to each other; it doesn't the <NoTwoAdjacent> column in the <Improvements> table like BNW does. There's no viable Lua method either without requiring a DLL mod.

But we can encourage the player not to build two of the same improvements adjacent. Currently the effect of the Great Bath UB is that it makes all worked river tiles yield +1 food. I'm thinking that could be sort of ported over to the UI version of the great bath, causing all adjacent river tiles (or perhaps fresh water tiles more generally) to yield +1 food. But since we don't want the player to just cover an entire riverbank with Great Baths with the effect stacking to yield an inordinate amount of food, maybe we could add the caveat that the Great Bath tile itself is prevented from yielding any food.

TLDR: The proposed new uniques are:

UI: Great Bath - Unlocked at Masonry. Must be built on a fresh water tile. All adjacent fresh water tiles generate +1 food, but the Great Bath's tile itself generates no food at all. +1 Happiness per 10 citizens of the city working the tile.
UB: Seal Workshop - ??? Replaces Library??? (I mean, most Harappan text has been found on seals...)

Also, where do people get the flower motifs that they put in their civilization maps? e.g. in Tomatekh's Harappan map.

How about

Spoiler :
Indus Valley ( :c5capital: Harappa)
UA: Riverside settlers
Cities expand into fresh water tiles 50% faster, and gain a sum of a random yield upon doing so (based on :c5citizen: population). Cities founded on rivers start with +1 :c5happy: happiness.

UI: Barrier
Unlocked at Masonry, and may only be built on tiles with fresh water. Each barrier grants the city working it +1 :c5strength:strength and +5HP, in addition to its base yield of +1 :c5culture: culture. For every adjacent barrier, it will yield +1 :c5food: food . +! :c5culture: culture after civil service.

Replaces monument. Unlike it, has a base yield +1 :c5production: production and +1 :c5culture: culture, which is increased by +1 for every outgoing :trade: trade route.

if you wanna have the seal workshop as library, you could go with something like this:

Replaces Library. Also grants +1 :c5culture: culture. For every outgoing :trade: trade route, every 5 :c5citizen: citizens will generate +1 :c5culture: culture.

Back from the dead, I decided I wanted to redo the Magyars now that my art and Lua skills are, while not Sukritact-level, considerably better than 5(?) years ago.

By coincidence... when I decided to do this, it was about a month before October 23, a national holiday in Hungary - Republic Day. So naturally, that made an appealing re-release date.

It is now October 23, and within design input from @Revolutionist_8, I bring you: The New(tm) Magyars

(I'm tired rn and can't be bother to make the infographic look any snazzier than that)

And, uh, to give a sense of the art improvement:

Spoiler Diplo Screen :

Spoiler Icons :

DOWNLOAD v2
(Note: requires Lua Utility Library v5 or up, download here)

Hurray!

good to see people still making things for Civ5. Stuff being released on Discord now? I'm interested where but I also think having modding all centralized here is a good thing because scattering everything makes multiple communities instead of one.

Top Bottom