AxeliWorld realistic small earth map

Axeli

Chieftain
AXELIWORLD BTS MAP

Have you ever missed a smallworld earth map with realistic resources and starting locations? You don't have time to play huge world earth maps or your laptop lacks power like mine and starts slowing down too much with large earth maps. Don't nibble with huge amount of units and citys. I present you AxeliWorld map!

Scenario map contains enlarged Europe, Africa and key islands with realistic resource locations. Northern searoute is not sailable.

Playable civilizations (7): European (France), Ottoman, Russian, Indian, Chinese, Japanise and Mongolian empires.

Barbarian citystates (9): Sioux, Aztec, Maya, Inca, Egypt, Mali, Zulu, Viking and Khmer.

In addition some unique barbarian units in tribal villages and wildbeasts according realistic areas.

Thanx for feedback!

- Axeli

Ps. screenshot attached

Attachments

• AxeliWorld.zip
    16.1 KB · Views: 229
  • AxeliWorld.jpg
    AxeliWorld.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 567
I'm a bit newbie with these things eventhough civ1 was the civ I've played most.. I don't know how to take the screenshot with worldbuilder. I tried printscreen but didn't work. :cry:

Hey it works! :lol::crazyeye:

I don't understand why my keyboard has gone crazy... I need to press num-lock to use keypad and while num-lock on, keyboard goes crazy :scan:

Maybe the printscreen-problem has something to do with that :confused:
:sad:

What about a few more civs ? Because it could handle more than 7 civs...

You could add few civs in America and Africa, but that just would spoil the fun of imperialistic colonization :D

I realize that there is a whole version of this game (Colonization) for this reason, but still it's fun to have a small map and see the race to African, Australian and American resources.

I'm eager to have feedback about the map from the ppl who have actually tried the map. Thank you for other feedback as well.

I've been playing this and its pretty cool, but I have two main complaints:

1) Barbs. I know what you tried to do with them (put them in more or less where their civs would be) but this is almost unfair. 4000BC, and the barbs have spearmen, chariots, and swordsmen! It's not too bad as most will just go and guard Tribal Villages, but they are right on my border, and i'm worried.

2) Russia starts too close to the Ottomans. I played as russia, and in about 15 turns, I had 2 capital cites. I built a warrior, sent my two warriors out, and rushed Istanbul. The Mongols and China are even more extreme. Perhaps you should replace the Ottomans with Mali, and the Mongols/China with the Zulu.

So you see, nothing major, and I love this map. It runs great on my poor laptop, which is awesome because i've always wanted to play an earth map, but people almost always make them gigantor.

Thanx for positive feedback. You had two good points too. I know that it's silly that barbarians have legionaries, horsemen, axemen even a musketeer right at the begin 4000BC. But that is for limiting the speed of colonazing old world right away. Barbarians are weak in civ4, so you need to give them some advantage that they can slow you down a bit. Only this way you can limit totally unrealistic speed of colonazing old world because of small map.

I agree with the problem of civilizations too close each others. I did my map testing mainly with Japan because they influence so little to other civilizations at the begin. But during testing I realized that with Japan you can rush to invent Iron making and destroy China with axeman :) One could add Ethiopia, Zulu, Mali and Egypt to make Africa more difficult to reach before colonizing period. Maybe one could give up Mongols and change Ottomans to Arabs also (but not with Egypt). That is If I ever make version 2 of the map ;)

Ps. Nice work with the unit graphics!

Top Bottom