Axiom to Willpower

Tyo

HANDS HIGH TO THE SOUND
Retired Moderator
Hi. My name's Carl. What's yours?
My name's weird? Everyone's name is Carl back home! Forget that. So, what are you doing here?
Uh, I mean, duh, I know where we're going... But, you know, uh, there’s a long ways to go, so...

Well, what can you do? I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours!
Come on, at least tell me your name! I told you mine!
____

Name: Whatever you like, so long as it makes sense.
Origin: Where you're from. Your background. Can be useful to be a bit detailed, but I won’t hold it against you. Also, you can collaborate with others to create characters with relationships already. Not required, but could be neat.
Superpower: Whatever you wish. Can also technically be nothing. Elaborated properly below.
Stats: You've got 2 points to spend across these stats. Elaborated below.
  • Strength: Brute force and general physical health.
  • Dexterity: Nimbleness and ability to move.
  • Perception: Ability to see and notice abnormalities.
  • Intelligence: Critical thinking and ability to retain information.
  • Charisma: Speaking and language comprehension.
  • Willpower: Unwavering dedication to your own cause.
Detailing appearance would also be neat.
____

You’ve made it far, and have learned much. Here, however, you will do more than learn. You will experience what it means to be a Hero. You will mold yourself, with the help of experienced staff, to be the best defender of freedom and justice the world will be lucky to have.

At this Academy, there is no standard curriculum. All students will have a pool of Hero Points, which will need to be accrued over the course of your time here, starting at 0. There will be nowhere to go but up, much like your journey to this place. You will earn Hero Points by passing classes, accomplishing Heroic feats, completing missions, and doing well in tournaments. It should be noted, this does not mean there is no incentive to try your hardest. You have four years to gather enough Hero Points to graduate. If you don’t make it, we have a variety of programs for you to seek out a profession that would better suit your best abilities.

The only classes required for graduation is the Hero Ethics course set. This course set is based around building your character up to be the best hero you can be.

Other classes, again, are completely optional. Nevertheless, we encourage participation in these classes. They are taught by some of the best Hero mentors in the world and would surely help to increase your capabilities.

As first-years, your priority should be getting accustomed to life both in our location at the peak of Mt. Fuji and as a Hero in general. You will need to commit to various community service projects geared at showing you the lay of the land and exposing you to the demands a Hero could face from day to day, and complete them before the end of the year in order to go any further. We are, however, confident in your ability given you have gotten so far already.

We have high hopes for each and every one of you. Have the will to do your best, and success will surely come to you.

This has been your Headmaster, GreyHead. Welcome to Grand Peak.
____
mood muzic

Rules and Game Mechanics
Spoiler :

House Rules
  1. Don’t trash-talk other people's applications. Antagonizing others in-character, however, *could* fly. But it wouldn’t be very heroic.
  2. My word is entirely final. By joining, you recognize this objective fact. That being said, don’t be afraid to try to convince me my ruling is wrong. Just don’t complain if I don’t see it your way.
  3. Going off #2, I reserve the right to tweak your join as I see fit. However, this won’t come about as me changing your backstory or anything. At most, I might find your power too strong and nerf it some. Feel free to try to convince me otherwise or retract your join if you feel your character isn’t what you really want it to be.
  4. No OOC discussions or pointless posts. If something is tangentially related, I’d prefer it to be discussed on the discord than in thread.

Moving on.

Your Character
In this game you will control a single character — your “aspiring hero.” That’s in quotation marks because that might not be your intention. Your character can come to be in this school for any goal you have in mind. However, it might not be that easy for you. We’ll talk more on that in a bit. For now, let’s explain some of the join application.

Most of it should be pretty self-explanatory. The questions should come from the Superpower and the stats. I’ll cover the Superpower first.

So, each of you will have a unique Superpower. You have free reign over what this superpower is. However, as stated in the House Rules, you don’t want it to be too strong. Furthermore, your character is a kid. This is a high school. Your character more than likely doesn’t fully understand their power(or themselves for that matter), and that is part of the arc of the game. Once your application is accepted, and I will note when that is the case, I will codify your power in the game’s mechanics, which can confer different bonuses. We’ll talk more specifically about this later on.

Stats start at 0, denoting the average human being. Stats can be naturally developed to go to a rank of 5, the most proficient a regular human can get at that particular stat. Stats can also be decreased to negative, denoting deficiency, to a -5. A -5 would basically imply some sort of disability to that related stat, such as being crippled for strength or blinded for perception. It is impossible to advance in a stat that is at -5 naturally, through experience. Taking a negative at character creation confers a half point to spend on another stat. However, you can only spend whole points. In order to make use of extra points in this manner, you’d need to decrease other stats by a factor of 2.

Each stat confers +1 to rolls for related actions in addition to something else, detailed below.

Strength denotes the physical prowess of your character. Stronger people tend to also be healthier and more resistant to injury and disease, so this is also the stat that denotes your health. Confers +20 HP per point. As a note, characters have a base health of 115 at 0 strength. Each point below 0 confers -15 base health. At -5 Strength, physical(non-superpowered) attacks do 0 damage regardless if they hit or miss.

Dexterity denotes the nimbleness of your character. Dexterity improves dodging and speed. Confers another standard action to be taken in a combat round for every 2 points. At -5 Dexterity, you cannot dodge attacks (though the enemy can still miss) and you do not have a movement action in combat (though you can turn your standard action into a movement action).

Perception denotes the aim of your character. Those with high perception also tend to be good at noticing subtle details. Confers +5% critical hit chance per point and +10% critical hit damage every two points. As a note, critical hit chance has a base of 5% and critical hit damage has a base of +50% damage at 0 Perception. each point in the negative decreases critical hit chance by 1%. At -5 Perception, you have 0% critical hit chance and have a 75% chance to miss an enemy you attack before any other rolls.

Intelligence denotes how well your character can think critically. This includes problem solving and basic deduction skills. Confers +10% Experience Gain from all sources per point. In addition, +10% chance per point to learn a class’s Primary Lesson, regardless of your final score. Each point in the negative confers -5% Experience Gain from all sources. At -5 Intelligence, you don't gain experience from independent study.

Charisma denotes how well your character can speak to others. This often allows people to gather followings and have things go their way socially. Confers +10% Hero Point Gain from all sources per point. In addition, gain +5% chance to improve your grade in a class by one letter grade per point. This grade change does not affect your chance of learning the class’s Primary Lesson. Each point in the negative confers -5% Hero Point Gain from all sources. At -5 Charisma, everyone you aren't already acquainted with views you with some disdain, and everyone you did know already has a lower opinion of you.

Willpower denotes your insistence to keeping on your desired path. This stat is mostly relevant to the Hero Ethics class. View the Hero Ethics section for more information. Confers +5% chance per rank to heal for 1 HP when below 20% HP per point for free. Each point in the negative means you automatically respond to the next event that diverts your attention, even if you note to ignore it in your orders. At -5 Willpower, you will never ignore an event that diverts your attention.

Experience and Character Level
Experience is received as a reward for certain actions you complete. The Experience contributes to advancing your Character Level, but it also contributes to your stats’ levels. This is probably best explained via allegory.

Say your character completes a class and gets a total of 90 Experience Points. Those 90 Experience Points goes to your overall Experience Bar, but that’s not all it does. Say the class was Basic Combat and Defense. This class trains strength and dexterity; the 90 experience is split between those stats such that you now have 45 Experience in Strength and Dexterity, before being modified by traits. I will be tracking this anyways, but this is just so you know how it works.

Note, not all experience is split up in this way. For example, experience from Tournaments and missions are much too broad and simply result in experience for Character Levels and do not benefit specific stats.

All characters start at level 0. It requires 300 Experience to advance to Character Level 1, and the cost increases by 100% for each level. So, 600 Experience for level 2, 1200 for level 3, and so on.
It takes 100 Experience to advance from Stat Level 0 to level 1. From level 1, the Experience cost increases by 100% for each point, same as Character level. So, 200 for level 2, 400 for 3, and so on.

Going back to Character Levels, you might be wondering what they actually do, if stats themselves are raised by utilizing them more or less. Character Levels denote your progression in your less abstract abilities: superpowers and traits.

Your superpower will, over the course of your character leveling, get more powerful. How this manifests is similar to how the power was created in the first place. You describe how it advanced, and I’ll modify and/or codify it. My modifications are pretty much entirely based on what I think would be cool and what actions you took to get that far. For example, doing something notably heroic might deserve some manifestation in your powers.

As for traits, they are developed primarily by your actions throughout the game. The assignment of traits are pretty much entirely fiat. If your character spends a lot of their time reading comics or roleplaying on some obscure internet forum, they’re probably going to be a big nerd. Traits themselves have very mechanical applications to the game, and I’ll be straightforward with what each of them do when they arise.

Traits can be good, bad, or net neutral. Usually, though, they’ll say something about how you’re doing things.

Turns and Actions
This school works on a Quarter System rather than a Semester System, which means each term is 10 weeks in class with the largest breaks being at most a couple weeks between terms. When a term begins, you will have to decide what classes you will take. Then, you’ll have to decide how you will spend your time week-to-week. Every update will cover a week of events, including the beginning-of-term updates. Specific time management isn’t required; you don’t have to map out character schedules. However, you will have to manage your time as a resource. Each week your character will have 168 hours to fill with activities, from work to leisure. Here’s an example order set for your benefit, created for a character who specced for perception and intelligence. He’s also pretty diligent and notably ambitious.

Class Enrollment:
-Basic Crafting
-Basic Combat and Defense
-Algebra and Geometry
-Ballistic Concepts
-Hero Ethics I
-World History I
-Philosophy I

Time Management:
-Attend all classes (29 hrs)
-Standard sleep schedule (56 hrs)
-Study for Basic Crafting (5 hrs)
-Study for Basic Combat and Defense (3 hrs)
-Study for Algebra and Geometry (6 hrs)
-Study for Ballistic Concepts (3 hrs)
-Study for Hero Ethics I (4 hrs)
-Study for World History I (5 hrs)
-Study for Philosophy I (3 hrs)
-Play videogames (54 hours)

Note, this person isn’t dedicating any time to socializing with peers; he seems to do everything alone. Also, he spends the entirety of his free time playing video games. These are important factors for his growth, covered in more detail in the Mood and Leisure Activities section.

Also, studying also counts for things like homework and stuff. Keep that in mind when managing your time.

As a reinforcement of the above, success in classes depends on several key things. In the class list, I will display what each class asks in terms of stats. For example, Algebra and Geometry is considered average in difficulty for anybody with 1 Intelligence; it’s a slightly more advanced course for High School Freshmen, as it condenses many concepts into one 10-week course. Those with higher intelligence have higher odds of scoring high, with less effort. Meanwhile, those with less intelligence should invest more time into studying. Grades you receive correlate with how much Experience and Hero Points you get out of it. This mathematics course is a purely Intelligence-based course, so if you score high, you can expect your Intelligence to have grown; perhaps you won’t need to spend so much time on Intelligence-based tasks in the future.

Succinctly: higher stats increase your grade ceiling for a course; more studying increases your floor.

Mood and Leisure Activities
As expressed above, a balancing act must be done between work and leisure. This is mechanically expressed in your character’s week-to-week mood. This is abstracted to a 0-100 stat. Each hour of “Working” activity decreases mood by base 10; each hour of “Leisure” increases it by base 5.

Working and Leisure activities should be pretty obvious, but I’ll be specific for your sakes. Generally, attending class, studying, training, and physical labor are all considered work activities. Meanwhile, sleeping, socializing, and watching netflix are all leisure activities.

Each Work activity is pretty distinct and holds different consequences depending on the activity. Therefore, it’d be lame if I didn’t make it the same for Leisure activities.

Sleeping is the default Leisure activity and will be used for any and all unspent hours. Note, too little sleep can lead to temporary stat decreases and decreased experience gain.

Playing video games can be a lot of fun and really take a load off; mood increase is doubled for this activity, but doing it for too long can blunt your senses, causing decreased experience gain for the next week. However, if you’re constantly playing games, you could get used to it. Playing video games also scientifically correlates to better problem solving skills in the long run.

Playing sports can help alleviate stress fairly well. There are many different sports that demand different things from the player. All sports, though, are quite fatiguing and can entail decreased stamina temporarily. However, long term health benefits are apparent. Mood increase is raised to 7/hour while playing a sport.

Reading is a simple task many use to wind down, but it isn’t often intensely pleasurable by itself. Mood is increased by 3 per hour rather than 5. It can also expand your vocabulary over time.

Watching television is often looked at as a braindead activity, but it helps alleviate stress all the same. It’s not very productive, but it gets the job done.

It should be noted that playing a sport or game competitively is considered work, but decreases mood by about half in general.

If you have another idea for something you can do for leisure, suggest it to me.

Hero Ethics
This class is the only required class to graduate in this school. If you prove yourself by gathering enough Hero Points by the end of your stay here and pass the Hero Ethics course set, you will graduate without a hitch. However, the Hero Ethics course set is geared to shape its participants into the Heroes of tomorrow, and it’s pretty good at it. Over the course of your terms, your character can pick up temporary effects from this course, making them more disposed towards selfless acts. This could result in several things. For example, it’s possible for some of your time you laid out in your orders to be ignored in the face of some event that came up during the week that your character felt required their attention, purely altruistically. This could be a good thing, as your random heroics could be recognized for those heroics, but it could reflect poorly if you missed out on something important.

You could specifically note in your orders to completely ignore these urges, and your character will. However, as a result, they could become demoralized and perform worse for the next week, depending on their willpower.

This mechanic is especially problematic for people who thought to enroll to this school for more self-centered or nefarious purposes. If your character lacks the willpower, they could find themselves at odds with why they thought to come to this school, and come out of it a much different person than you imagined.

Generally, classes will not incorporate willpower; willpower is something only the individual can control and train within themselves; it cannot be taught, only learned by the self. You can commit time to developing this stat specifically, on your own and for the purposes of mood this activity is counted as Work.

There are four classes in the Hero Ethics course set. You’ll need to take one of them each year, in one of the four terms, and pass them in order to continue studying at this academy.

Hero Ethics is a pass-or-fail course. You have 4 chances to pass; each of the four terms in each year. You may elect not to take it on any given term, but you must take the Hero Ethics for your year at some point.

Missions
For you first years, missions will be pretty barebones. They will be mostly public service; trash collecting, tutoring normal kids, things like that. This section is sure to be expanded on later though.

Tournaments
The first tournament will begin in the second half of the school year. More information when that comes along. Be prepared and train in anticipation of it!

Combat
With that said about Tournaments, there will be combat this early, but much more controlled. Some classes may have some form of sparring in the curriculum, and some of you may be pit against each other. The rules of spars vary from class to class, and have heavy restrictions on what you can do in them to fit the curriculum.

Combat in general will be held in one of two ways. One way is pretty much how combat is resolved in most games, with your characters’ stat blocks fighting each other in automated simulations created by me. The other is more experimental. When we start the game, I’ll make a Roll20 page for each of your characters that wish to participate in Real-Time Combat. This combat will, as implied, be ran through Roll20’s engine. This is completely voluntary, to be clear. Either party in a spar or any kind of combat encounter can elect to have it automated. I think it could be fun, though. To be sure, I’ll hold a tutorial event or two to get you accustom with the website and its features, as well as the specific mechanics I’m running for this game. Anybody can also sit in at these sort of events; it's likely those characters will actually be sitting and watching these matches as part of the class.

Grades, Hero Points, and Experience
Hero Points are the end-goal of most of your actions. They are the true indicator of progress. In fact, you will need to hit Hero Point Quotas at the end of each year in order to stay enrolled. Specifically, you need to save up 1000 for the first year, the quota then doubling each year thereafter.

However, Hero Points are also a resource. Along with being the only other requirement for graduating, they can be traded. The Academy holds within it an arsenal of different kinds of equipment and a plethora of specialized courses, and you can use your Hero Points to buy them. It is also completely tradeable between students; to what end, is up to you.

You gain Hero Points, at least in part, for doing well in classes. Each class has a maximum amount of Hero Points you can gain from them. Grades are scored from 0 to 100. Here’s a nifty table to help you out:

Score Grade Hero Points
100-91 A 100%
81-90 B 75%
70-80 C 50%
60-69 D 25%
0-59 F 0%

Meanwhile, you gain experience simply for attending class. Assuming you attend all the class time, you will get all the experience prescribed in the class directory. However, all classes are attended at will. You are required to go to at least an hour of each class each week in order to be evaluated for your grade. You can also obtain up to half the class’s prescribed experience via studying, completely separate from that class.

How this breaks down is as follows:
The grade received is a function of time spent studying and the value of the relevant stat(s).
The experience gained from the class itself is a function of class time attended.
The experience gained from studying is a function of time spent studying and Intelligence.

Classes
As mentioned, classes aren’t necessarily… Well, necessary. But they are pivotal in your development and heavily encouraged. Perhaps the biggest reason to take classes is the actual skills you can learn from them, experience and hero points aside. Each class has a Primary Lesson, something the class aims to teach you. These can vary in their relevance to you, but in general, they are all assets. You have a chance to learn the Primary Lesson of a class based on your final grade and your intelligence score.

Last edited:
Q&A!
Spoiler :

Q: So what is this?
A: Superhero highschool IOT.

Q: Setting?
A: Our world except superpowers.

Q: What's Grand Peak?
A: A world-renown high school that trains the best of the best heroes, sitting at the peak of Mount Fuji in Japan. It's privately owned too!

Q: So like how did superpowers become a thing?
A: One day they weren't, and the next day they were! Spooky stuff. If you want me to be specific, superpowers started being a widespread thing 80 years ago in the dark age of 2016.

Q: So what are superpowers exactly?
A: They seem to be genetic, parents passing some variation of their powers to offspring. That's the usual case, anyways. If you have any other ideas, talk to me!

Q: Willpower, what's the deal with that? Am I always the nicest person at -5 Willpower? That's pretty lame dude.
A: Negative Willpower doesn't necessarily correlate with being a good person, especially at first. If you have negative willpower and feel compelled to act during a random event in the first year, maybe your character is predisposed to act a bit cruelly. Depending on the circumstances, that could have implications all its own, but in terms of this mechanic, you can see your character begin to change over time as they take the Hero Ethics courses. In this case, someone with negative Willpower will be pretty impressionable, and may turn a new leaf over time, responding to random events more heroically as time moves on.

Q: How do power development?
A: As I expressed earlier, powers are tied to your overall character level, however, that isn't the only factor in determining how your power develops. First off, your power may or may not be tied to any one of your stats. That's just purely based on how much it makes sense for that power to be connected to the stat in question. For example, super strength probably to some degree relies on your innate, regular strength. Secondly, your power can manifest based on how you act during your development. A more eccentric person can cultivate a more eccentric power; a more aggressive person can cultivate a more aggressive power. Your progression isn't linear, it's branched and complex.

Ask more to receive more!

Last edited:
Class Directory:
Spoiler :

Freshman Level:
Spoiler :

Basic Classes
Basic classes are open to all and are generally the standard curriculum for high school students, excluding the Hero Training courses. The administration heavily encourages all students to complete these courses before the end of their time here, in case it is judged that being a Hero isn’t really for you. All classes are retakable, however, Experience gained is halved each time and HRP is only given if you have previously received an F in that course; otherwise, additional HRP is not given. These classes are considered Freshman courses; additional courses will be unlocked as you progress through your time here.

Writing, Reading, and History
English
Recommended Stats: N/A
Trains: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity
Hours of Class/Week: 3
EXP: 15/week max
HRP: 50 max
Primary Lesson: English Language(learn English as a language if it is not yet known)

Japanese
Trains: Intelligence, Charisma, Dexterity
EXP: 15/week max
Primary Lesson: Japanese Language(learn Japanese as a language if it is not yet known)

Creative Writing
Trains: Intelligence, Charisma
Hours of Class/Week: 4
EXP: 12/week max
Primary Lesson: Creative Freedom(Can use improvised weapons to some degree of effectiveness)

World Literature
Recommended Stats: Int 1
EXP: 14/week max
HRP: 60 max
Primary Lesson: Reading Comprehension(Bonus to understand references to classical literature)

World History
Hours of Class/Week: 4
Primary Lesson: Historical Context(Bonus to recall historical events)

Science and Mathematics
Algebra and Geometry
Trains: Intelligence, Perception
Hours of Class/Week: 5
Primary Lesson: Mathematical Reasoning(Can decrease chance to hit to increase damage for one ranged attack each encounter)

Trigonometry
Trains: Intelligence
EXP: 8/week max
Primary Lesson: Pythagorean Targeting(a single ranged attack is treated as if Perception was increased by 2 each encounter)

Pre-Calculus
Recommended Stats: 2 Intelligence
EXP: 20/week max
HRP: 75 max
Primary Lesson: Logical Analysis(can study a target as a standard action; recieve a bonus to dodge a specific attack or get a bonus to hit the target for the encounter. Can only study one target at a time.)

Biology
Recommended Stats: 1 Intelligence
Hours of Class/Week: 8
Primary Lesson: Territorial Understanding(Pick a biome; gain bonuses when acting in that biome)

Chemistry
HRP: 75 max
Primary Lesson: Chemical Solutionist(Bonus to crafting items related to chemistry)

Physics
Primary Lesson: Physical Understanding(Can more easily pull your punches if the situation requires it.)

Earth Science
Recommended Stats: 1 Intelligence
Primary Lesson: Material Evaluation(Can study an object and tell details such as weight and hardness)

Hero Training

Physical Health
Trains: Strength, Dexterity
EXP: 12/week max
Primary Lesson: Physical Endurance(Competitive physical sports now cause half as much stress)

Combat and Defense[SPAR]
Recommended Stats: 1 Strength, 1 Dexterity
Primary Lesson: Honed Sparring(Can initiate specific standard actions as move actions during combat)

Weapon Handling
Recommended Stats: 2 Dexterity
Primary Lesson: Respect for Steel(If you roll a 0 on a Critical Strike check, you may reroll to determine if you Trip.)

Hero Ethics I
Trains: N/A
Primary Lesson: Community-Minded(???)

Advanced Classes
Advanced classes are specialized to train specific skills. Each class is part of a sequence that is unlocked by passing previous classes. The higher in the sequence you go, the more Experience and Hero Points you earn. Higher level classes can also help to unlock some of your latent abilities depending on your superpower.

Language and Composition
Recommended Stats: 2 Intelligence, 1 Charisma
Hours of Class/Week: 6
Requirements: English(B), World Literature(B)
EXP: 30/week max
HRP: 80 max
Primary Lesson: Improved Communication(Can communicate with your allies as a free action rather than a move action)

Calculus I
Recommended Stats: 3 Intelligence
Requirements: Algebra and Geometry(B), Pre-Calculus(B)
Primary Lesson: Calculated Risk(Can use Mathematical Reasoning as many times as you’d like)

Combat Tactics [SPAR] [COOP]
Recommended Stats: 1 Intelligence, 1 Strength, 1 Dexterity
Requirements: Combat and Defense(B), Hero Ethics[Pass]
Primary Lesson: Tactical Superiority(Understand when you have the upper hand and become wiser to exploiting when you do. Confers bonuses when you study your situation and determine it to be in your favor.)

Teacher Roster
Spoiler :

Position: Headmaster and Combat Instructor
Hero Name: Greyhead
Superpower: Nullspace(At will, he can summon a pocket dimension in which superpowers are rendered null and void. Outside of this realm, he can also project energy from this realm that disorients those with superpowers and cause some blunt force damage.)
Description: Greyhead is an internationally-renown retired hero who has spent most of his life combating super-crime and mediating conflicts around the world. He worked mostly on his own, not tying himself to any one superhero agency, but working with several in his time as a hero, somewhat similarly to a freelancer. This impartiality made him a perfect choice to the board which created Grand Peak, and even after his retirement, he accepted the position graciously. His power also makes him perfect for mediating sparring classes and tournaments.
Appearance: Most of him appears as a fairly regular person, however, his head is completely covered in a grey sphere that most people would probably find a little creepy, as it lacks any form of expression. When he activates his power, the sphere enlarges, implying the sphere is what houses the pocket dimension. His real face hasn’t been seen by the public in years, since before he got his superpower during his prepubescent years. Interviewed captured villains say that they’ve seen his face, but their reports are all inconsistent. Greyhead has seldom used his powers on people not actively engaged in a crime; even in his position as a combat instructor at the school, his excellence in conflict mediation has risen above the most intense bouts between students. He is very physically fit, keeping his body in shape for the full 73 years of his life, but his age is starting to show in his posture and voice.
Languages: English(native), Japanese(rudimentary)

Position: Combat Instructor
Hero Name: Sage
Superpower: The Six Paths(Ability to unlock natural inhibitors up to six times, each time becoming more physically powerful. After the third path, obvious strain on the body is apparent. Though, after the third path, psychic-like control of objects has been observed. The opening of all six paths has not been witnessed by the public.)
Description: Shen’s origin is largely a mystery, and all Shen would say of the matter is that she was “once lost” and was “found again.” In any case, she appeared to have gone travelling around the world around the age of 15, visiting religious temples of varying denominations, from Buddhist monasteries to catholic cathedrals. By her account, this journey was pivotal in her development both as a person and as a hero. Later, she would join under several hero agencies before coming to work at Grand Peak as a combat instructor. Her skills in combat are unmatched as she is well-learned in many martial arts, both hand-to-hand and weapon-based.
Appearance: Shen is a tall, burly woman of apparent east-Asian descent, but she has so far refused to have her lineage traced by any agency. She often carries with her a large quiver-like bag on her back, which holds a variety of weapons. Because this would be intimidating on campus grounds, she only carries it when she is actively teaching one of the combat classes.
Languages: Too many to reliably count. Has a fluent understanding of several east Asian tongues as well as western European. Notably also understands several Native American and Australian languages.

Position: Mathematics Instructor and Combat Instructor
Hero Name: Talon
Superpower: Bird-like(Physique similar to that of an avian creature, though still humanoid and functional.)
Description: Krissy Weber is a young hero, but an accomplished one. She graduated top of her class at Grand Peak 10 years ago, and has come back after being invited to be an instructor, to help teach the next generation of ranged-based heroes. She also has a degree in mathematics, which she says helps in figuring out the mechanics of hitting a target at a range.
Appearance: Krissy Weber is very bird-like and small. Though, she is far from meek; she has stood toe-to-toe with some of the most dangerous villains out there and came out on top, utilizing support gadgets to improve the physicality her appearance entails. She carries with her an arsenal to her combat classes; several ranged weapons designed by herself and several support agencies.
Languages: German(native), English(fluent), Japanese(fluent)

Position: Science Instructor and Mathematics Instructor
Hero Name: None
Superpower: None
Description: If Dr. Obasanjo had a superpower, it would be being unreasonably intelligent. However, as a result of certain experiments, it has been determined that in a world without superpowers, Dr. Obasanjo would be exactly the same as he is now. He is one of if not the leading mind in several fields of science, including physics, chemistry, and super-biology, with a respectable background in several other fields as well. His credentials alone make him more than suited to work in Grand Peak’s environment, and his unreasonable intelligence has made him an asset for several Superhero support companies specializing in fabricating new, custom technologies for today’s heroes. His knowledge makes him well-versed enough to teach all of Grand Peak’s science courses, as well as leading the R&D facilities behind studying student powers and collaborating with upperclassmen in their costume and gadget designs.
Appearance: Dr. Obasanjo has an average build, though is taller than most. He hails from Nigeria, and got his first Phd at the University of Nigeria. He has short, curly hair and a goatee.
Languages: English(native), Lamja(native), Japanese(fluent)

Position: Writing Instructor
Hero Name: The Lantern
Superpower: Hardlight(Turns light into a solid at will. Can telepathically manipulate light in such a form, often using them as melee weapons and projectiles)
Description: The Lantern works part time at Grand Peak as the instructor for English and Japanese courses. Most students learn one or the other languages, so classes are usually small enough to warrant a part-time teacher. With the rest of his time, The Lantern fights crime across Japan, working for the Hero Association of Korea and Japan. He is also the primary contact between Grand Peak and the Association, and often mediates internships and volunteer work relating to the association, often personally overseeing some students when it is time for them to intern with an association.
Appearance: The Lantern is a stocky yet short man, and is often seen wearing whites.
Languages: Korean(native), Japanese(native), English(fluent)

Position: Writing Teacher
Hero Name: The Actor
Superpower: Mimetic Tendency(Passively mimics all powers in sight, though the copied powers tend to be an order weaker than the originals)
Description: The Actor is an eccentric character who actually does participate in theater - however, his kind-hearted nature drove him to utilize his relatively powerful superpower for the sake of the greater good. It also helps that he is not a very good actor, himself, though his understanding of the intricacies of writing makes him a qualified teacher enough. When not teaching, he is on alert for the Hero Association which he is apart, along with The Lantern.
Appearance: The Actor is a slim figure, and is often seen wearing completely different garb throughout the day. He doesn't seem to break character from his hero persona much.

Position:
Hero Name:
Superpower:
Description:
Appearance:

Last edited:
Noteworthy Non-Player Students
Spoiler :

Juan Guillermo
Power: Frictionless
Year: 1st
Highly mobile, but not very strong. Rumored he can sing.

Jordan Knight
Power: Stone Body
A strong body with an impressionable heart.

Mariya Federov
Power: Snap Field
Child of a famous hero. Cocky and confrontational. Member of the Fencing Club.

Bora Chung
Power: Body Multiplication
Plays field hockey. Likes to play practical jokes one people.

Katsuo Sato
Power: Conductor
Very excitable. Likes winning. A jock through-and-through.

Youko Matsumoto
Power: Shadow-body
Intensely shy. Child of a famous hero. Afraid of technology.

Mutsumi Rei
Power: Reality Slowing
Year: 3rd
Leader of the Rifling Club. Tournament favorite of many.

Felix Mendez
Power: Shock Absorption
Year: 2nd
Leader of the Riding Club. Likes long walks. Doesn't like fighting.

Rachael Thorne
Power: Enhanced Analysis
Year: 4th
Leader of the Fencing Club. Very proud. Looking to work for the Crown's Knights Hero Association of England after graduation.

Eva Uberti
Power: Telekinetic
Year: 3rd
Leader of the Music Appreciation Club. Loves cooking. Won't shut up about Italy.

Last edited:
Name: Oswald Sorge
Origin: descendent of a German family that moved in refuge to England in the 1930s on his father's side and Afro-Caribbean on the mother's side that came during the 1950s Owald Sorge was born in Wessex to Christofer Sorge and Teal Oakey. It is from his father's mother Elica Wirth that Oswald has a unusual connectivity to a realm that has hunted him since he can remember. [more details will be added]
Superpower: posses a unknown linkage to some twisted reality, enabling the summoning of creatures described as demonic and nightmarish.
Strength: -2
Dexterity: 0
Perception: 2
Intelligence: 2
Charisma: -1
Willpower: 1
Detailing appearance: tall and thin with jet black short shaggy hair and dark brownish eyes, with light brownish skin. [more details to be added]

Favorite Activities: Archery, Book Reading
Favourite Book:
Favourite Color: onyx
Favorite Food:
Favorite Music:
Favorite Dessert:
Favorite Sport:
Favorite Game: Dwarf Fortress, shown to him by
Favorite Song:
Languages:

[work in progress]

Last edited:
I'll try to join this.

Deku we ride or die together

Reactions: Tyo
Name: マリー・セントポール / Marie St. Paul
Origin: Born a second child to powerless parents and a powerless sibling, the future looked pretty bleak for young Marie when it came to obtaining a superpower. In addition, some parts of her family life were less than stellar. Her mother was amateur musician, struggling to make money, and while her father had a steady job as a drill sergeant, it meant he was away for long periods of time. Most of her time spent in her youth was watching old magical girl anime, singing along to the opening songs and developing an extremely unhealthy interest in the land that these were created in. It wasn't until she was almost ten when, alone in her room singing to herself, she discovered something miraculous.

A butterfly appeared as she was singing about them. Weird, her window was closed and there was no way it could get in otherwise. She shrugged it off and continued, maybe she just missed it coming through her door when she walked in. That might have been the case if not a few seconds after she continued her song a flower sprouted from the carpet. The gears started to slowly turn in the less than bright child's head. She had powers after all? And they were about singing!? YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

She can now be like her favorite anime! She can be an idol! It's a dream come true, right?

Superpower: Can create objects by singing about them. They usually disappear a few minutes after she is done.
Stats:
Strength:
Dexterity: 2
Perception: -1
Intelligence: -2
Willpower: 2

Appearance: Very light brown hair and green eyes. Fairly short and a bit underweight.

Favorite Activities: Watching anime and singing.
Favorite Color: Silver. Her mom said she was always a silver medal in her mind.
Favorite Food: Mom's homemade cookies. Or, if she's trying to "impress" others with being "cultural", sushi.
Favorite Music: J-Pop.
Favorite Sport: Soccer. It's not football you silly europeans.
Favorite Song: The opening for Magical Idol Marie. Okay it's not a real song and its not for a real show, but she wrote it herself so give her some credit.
Languages: English (Native), Japanese (A small handful of words and phrases with no understanding of the language outside of them.)

Last edited:
Name: Jaya Kobayashi (小林ジャヤ)
Origin: Japan/Monaco
Superpower: Can manipulate electronic devices to the touch
Stats:
Perception: 2
Intelligence: 2
Charisma: -2
Willpower: 0

Background: Jaya was born in Suzuka, Japan. Her mother, Harini, comes from a well-connected family of Tamil traders-turned-store-owners who had been settled in Kobe since the Showa era. Harini left that family - and escaped a marriage arranged at the very moment of her birth - in order to marry her true love: Jaya's father, the podracer Aguri Kobayashi, whose self-owned team she worked as an engineer. Because of this, their daughter was quite literally born into racing, and she would more or less grow up around the world championship podracing circuit.

Although her parents were very caring, Aguri's job as a pilot and Harini's eventual job as his chief engineer meant that they often left Jaya to her own devices. She was constantly on the move across the world from race to race, only wintering in Monaco. In all that time, Jaya never particularly enjoyed the company of other children. Indeed, they often teased her. She never figured out why; was it their way at getting back at her for being famous? No, she much preferred spending her time reading, playing with electronics, and lost in virtual reality. She began to race rocket-karts herself, hoping to become a podracer herself one day.

Jaya knew she was special when she was six years old and found that she could control the lights in her parents' Monaco winter flat by touching the wall near them instead of the switch. She figured out eventually why: she could bend electronics to her will. This turn-of-the-twenty-second-century world, a planet that glowed in the night like a bead of amber trapped in a laser beam, had no shortage of electronics. Jaya could effortlessly break electronic locks; she could make yen "disappear" from her parents' bank account; she could bypass the internet filters of countries she visited.

One day, before a season finale, by complete accident, Jaya happened to touch her father's podracer, run her hand across its surface. She thought little of it, but midway through the race, the podracer's electronics began failing, one by one, until the entire machine shut off. That failure managed to cost Aguri Kobayashi the 2095 world championship.

Jaya thought her father would be livid, but once he had calmed down from the initial shock, Harini and he gently took her aside and told her about a place near Shizuoka where they could teach her how to control her powers, and suggested that she try going there for some time.

Partly out of guilt, and despite everything in herself telling her it was a bad idea, Jaya agreed.

Favourite Activities: Jetkart Racing, VR, Reading, Cooking
Favourite Book: Selling Out by Tyler Roman
Favourite Colour: Yellow
Favourite Food: Instant Noodle Pancakes (her specialty)
Favourite Movie: Le Voyage dans la Lune
Favourite Music: Saint Pepsi
Favourite Series: F-Zero Z: Grand Prix Legend
Favourite Sport: Podracing
Favourite Video Game: Final Fantasy XLII
Languages: English, Japanese, Tamil, French

Last edited:
Name: Sen Tzu
Origin: Chinese-American, lived in Tokyo for the past 9 years
Super Power: Teleportation, of both self, objects, and others. Sen can create what she calls "Gates", opening at one place and appearing at another.
Stats:
Dexterity: -2
Perception: -1
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 0
Willpower: -1
Appearance: Below average height, light complexion, Asian features, long black hair.
Additional Details:
Sen is the daughter of a wealthy Chinese heiress and a disreputable American "thug". The Tzu are a powerful family with deep government, military, and corporate connections in China. The daughter of the patriarch, Ren Tzu, had an affair with one of her father's mercenaries and Sen was the resulting shame. The father would be hunted (though never caught), but thankfully the Tzus spared Sen. Sen was mostly shunned, and at age 4 was sent to Japan so that she could be kept out of the eye of the family and the more appropriate suitors for Ren.

Initially, Sen was ignored and maltreated in Japan. However, one day her caretakers went too far. The sole witness besides Sen described how a knife disappeared from the kitchen to be impaled through one man's chest, while another man was pushed by Sen and disappeared. That said man reappeared moments later, phased through the wall to the outside. He fell 30 stories and died upon reaching the ground.

From that moment on, Sen was given a new status. Tutors, gifts, loving guardians. She had a use to the Tzu now after all. And enrollment in high school would be how she could develop into, if not the perfect granddaughter, at least an acceptable tool for the family.

For herself though, Sen, aside from needing to control her powers, is unsure why she is here. Being a hero is vague after all. Didn't she need saving? No hero came for her. No, becoming a hero wouldn't be worth the effort. But power and status to stand up to her grandfather and the ability to protect her ever-running father...that would be worth fighting for....

Father's Powers: Weapon Master (Able to use any weapon instinctively)
Mother's Powers: Teleportation

Favorite Food: Ramen
Favorite Dessert: Strawberry Ice cream
Favorite Sport: Equestrian events (racing, dressage, ect.)
Favorite Music: K-Pop
Favorite Game: Shogi
Languages: Mandarin (Native, Mother), Japanese (Fluent, living there), English (Solid, Tutors)

Last edited:
Everyone's stuff is looking great so far. Keep it up! Some updates:

Added the class directory. For now, only freshman classes are available. As you all advance, more classes will open up. Teacher roster TBD.

Also, I've changed my mind somewhat on how turns will be calculated. I decided that turns which cover a week of events would be much too slow; effectively, the game would happen in real time, or slower. So we'd be here a while. Thus, I decided each turn will cover a month (4 weeks) of events. Because I think it'll work out to be easier, you can still submit orders in weekly format as described in the rule set, and I'll just apply it four times each update. If you do want to vary your actions, you certainly can submit a 4 week plan. Could make your months more interesting, potentially.

As for when this starts, I'm giving everyone between Wednesday and Friday. The sooner you get things in, the sooner I can drop Turn 0. Don't dally, now.

Interested, will submit a proper application when I get an idea/iron out my ideas.

Name: 風辰/Feng Chen (Chen Feng by western naming convention)
Origin: Feng Chen was born in rural Guangdong, China, on October 10. Her powers first manifested in early childhood, when her parents first enrolled her into Wushu lessons. As she was sparring with another student using the basics of the Crane style, Chen suddenly transformed into a literal crane after her instructor encouraged her to imagine herself as one. Chen's miracilious transformation attracted the attention of the nearby Buddhist monastery, who wished to train Feng Chen in the way of traditional martial arts to understand how and why such a power could develop in the first place. Her parents reluctantly agreed after considerable hesitation, and Chen soon found herself separated from her family to learn the way of the Buddha and of the fist. There, the monks discovered she could transform into all five of the main Southern animals. Chen spent years learning to fight

However, near her 13th birthday, Chen was asked to return to her birth family by Master Gen, who had became her surrogate father. Having a female child at the monastery was abnormal, but the circumstances were also abnormal. Having a full-fledged sister in the rank would break thousands of years of tradition, and that was simply something he was not prepared for. Chen begged to stay, and Gen gave her an ultimatium: if Chen could defeat him in a fight, then she could stay. Gen dominated the entire fight, which, with her place in the monastery on the line, turned the otherwise calm Chen furious. No matter what form she used, Gen was better even as a human at it than Chen was.

Soon, the pent up rage made her roar. Chen, for the first time, transformed into Dragon. Chen's new draconic form easily overpowered Gen, and the young girl literally mauled Gen, blood gushing everywhere. Master Gen thankfully survived, but lost the ability to walk. Chen, terrified at her own strength, ran away and attempted to turn herself into the authorities. After finding out what happened, even they were terrified of Chen's capabilities, and thus arranged Chen to go to Grand Peak, so she could better learn to control her new form, and get a real education.

Superpower: Chen can transform into each of the 五形, the Five Animals (Crane, Tiger, Monkey, Snake, Mantis). Each transformation is anatomically correct (so Mantis is tiny, Snake has no appendages), but Chen is able to use her qi to fight like if she was using the respective animal's martial art. The end result is that she is able to strike harder, given her body is modified to be able to use the techniques that she has spent years studying.

There is also a sixth form that Chen has, Dragon. Dragon is unlike the other 5: she can't transform into Dragon at will, but only when the desire to persevere over her foe overcomes all else. Dragon is more powerful than the other five animals combined, and represents Chen's highest limits. However, Dragon overpowers Chen, making her more violent and bloodthirsty and simply uncontrollable. That is not to say Dragon is evil, simply that it's a manifestation of Chen's rage and determination.
  • Strength: 1
  • Dexterity: 1
  • Perception: 0
  • Intelligence: -2
  • Charisma: -2
  • Willpower: 2
Appearance: The most recent picture of Chen, on her way to Japan

Favorite Activities: Meditation
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Wonton noodles
Favorite Music: Due to her unique childhood, Chen has been largely divorced from modern music. As part of her training, however, she was taught how to play a Guqin, which is a start!
Favorite Dessert:
Lo mai chi
Favorite Sport: Wushu
Favorite Game: Weiqi
Languages: Cantonese (Native), Mandarin (Native), Japanese (very basic, just arrived to Japan. Due to the peculiar similarities between written Chinese/Japanese, can read/write far better than verbal communication)

Name: William Campbell
Origin: England
Superpower: The ability to sway people's opinions and change fact, akin to a Jedi Mind Trick.
Stats:
  • Strength: 0
  • Dexterity: 0
  • Intelligence: 1
  • Charisma: 1
  • Willpower: 0
Appearance: Round face with brown, round eyes. Short dark hair combed to the side, glasses.

Favorite Activities: Deceiving.
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite Food: Scrambled Eggs
Favorite Music: Classic Rock, big Beatles fan.
Favorite Dessert: Key Lime Pie
Favorite Sport: Soccer. Go Reds!
Favorite Game: 007: Nightfire
Favorite Song: The Great Deceiver/Lament by King Crimson
Languages: English (Native), French (Rudimentary), German (Rudimentary)

Last edited:
Name: Johannes Vilsøe
Origin:
Johannes' family-less mother died during labour, and as his father was never identified, he was orphaned. Growing up like that, he was a shy kid, not doing particularly well with any of the kids. He was schooled at the orphanage, and while a few families passed by looking for a child to adopt, it never really worked out. Three couples that accepted him backed out after a short while taking care of him, explaining that he was a stressful child to raise.

Johannes always had issues sleeping, complaining to the orphanage's caretakers about night terrors and fear of death. He often woke up in the night, screaming uncontrollably, causing the caretakers to lose sleep over trying to calm him down. His roommates always started to keep a distance from him after they moved in together, eventually asking to move out because "Johannes stares at me when we sleep." When approached by child psychologists, they described him as socially dysfunctional and in a spiral of poor sleep which prompted nightmares. He usually complained "the horse monster" that would terrorize him when he slept. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and was medicated, but this only worsened his sleep.

When Johannes became 12 years old, he was picked up by a middle class family in North Zeeland, getting his Vilsøe surname. Four months later, their house was destroyed by what the parents described as a giant horse demon. The parents were saved by the Swedish superhero Ulfman, who had incredible difficulty with the monster. Eventually, the monster shrank and turned into Johannes, fully clothed.

This of course sparked the interest of the international superhero league, and Johnanes was enrolled into the Grand Peak High School for Heroes, in order to contain his power. Until he started, he was transfered to a US superhero research facility specialized in examining superpower children under observation.

However, Johannes' diagnosis remained, as it strangely seemed to coexist with the powers he had somehow gained; whether the powers and the disorder is the same is difficult to say, but it's definite that they feed into each other. After Johannes was more carefully observed by his American caretakers, they saw that following nightly crisises, nightmares and outright visions of this "horse monster" (as described by Johannes), he would blur out or even transform into vicious and nightmarish creatures. It was concluded that his orphanage roommates had seen these transformations at night, which sparked a scandal back in Denmark, as the caretakers had willfully ignored the children's pleas, or categorized them as symptoms of madness. In addition, Johannes had some sort of control over his monstrous transformations, remaining passive and nonthreatening regardless of his disturbing exterior. As such, it was widely speculated that his foster parents had somehow abused or attacked him, prompting him to destroy their house, but they denied all allegations. It might just have been a severe psychosis after all. Regardless, he was bound to get into the high school, hopefully to gain some control over his powers, so he wasn't just a danger to be contained in some governmental facility.

Personality/behavior at the beginning
Johannes still sleeps quite badly, leading him to sometimes skipping class to sleep, and causing him to be very silent in the hallways, constantly drinking coffee for himself while listening to music. He doesn't draw much attention and is somewhat shy. He can however sometimes boast into rants inspired by his angsty philosophy reading of Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Sartre and Schopenhauer.

Superpower:
Will inevitably transform into other forms when in psychosis. The degree of transformation depends on the degree of the psychosis. These forms are usually aberrant, beings whose forms are fleeting akin to monsters of nightmares. Pictures taken will be distorted, as the forms never truly stay the same, nor can the beings exhaustively be described by the observer. However, the forms have a tendency to draw upon features of horses or humans mostly.
Do note: These forms are nightmarish monsters, not Lovecraftian, nor Creature Feature monsters... Think Silent Hill's designs and warped human bodies over giant squids and werewolves - of course there's some overlap, but this should give you an idea about the "unforms" of these creatures.
Some "mood" pictures loosely portraying the severeness of the transformation, from least to worst...
Spoiler :

As said above, the degree of transformation depends upon the severety of the psychosis. When anxious, this body may start looking waxy and blurry. In near psychosis, he may partially transform, his arms or head transforming. The more he is absorbed by psychosis, the more he transforms... And the larger and the more dangerous his form becomes. Johannes has only been large enough to destroy a house once in his life, and it was the only time he managed to transform in such a degree that his transformation was discovered by the outside world.

Stats:

Strength: -1
Dexterity: -1
Perception: -2
Intelligence: 5
Willpower: -1

Physical Description:
Johannes is 173 cm and 55 kgs, being just underweight. He's a native Dane with medium long dark blonde hair and usually wears straight-out black t-shirts and black jeans. He's somewhat handsome, but his shyness and awkwardness undercuts it.

Favorite Activities: Playing piano, writing, listening to music, reading philosophy.
Favorite Color: Black
Favorite Food: Sushi
Favorite Candy: Salmiak Liquorice
Favorite Music: Post-rock
Favorite Dessert: Hates nonsalty sweets.
Favorite Sport: Hates sports.
Favorite Game: Civilization XX: HD Edition
Favorite Song: Sæglópur by Sigur Rós
Languages: Danish (Native), English (Fluent), German (Can read somewhat easily, but not speak it at all)
Sexuality: Still figuring out inexperiencedly, but infact bisexual and polyamorous.

Last edited:
Tyo you used the wrong theme btw

I'll be watching this.

Name: Yamaguchi Nagisa
Origin: Nagisa is most definitely a 15 year old student from Onomichi, Hiroshima. Nagisa loves to do 15 year old things, like playing the internet games and catching every pokemans. Nagisa has lived for 15 years, and has had 15 separate birthdays, which occurred at a rate of one per year, starting from the first year after Nagisa was born, which was 15 years ago. Nagisa's favourite number is 15, but last year it was 14, as Nagisa's favourite number is always the number of birthdays Nagisa has had. Which is 15.
Superpower: Can change how others perceive Nagisa.
Stats:
  • Strength: -2
  • Dexterity: -1
  • Perception: 2
  • Intelligence: 2
  • Charisma: -4
  • Willpower: -1
Appearance:
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Name: Ellie Couture
Origin: Canada
Superpower: Ellie possesses an amorphous physiology, with her most basic form being that of a crude humanoid consisting of a purple slime-like substance. Her body is abnormally elastic and durable and can be manipulated in a variety of ways depending on the situation. She also possesses minor shape shifting abilities, and while currently the most complex human form she can take is her own, she has some control over her basic appearance, such as hair color or height.
Stats:
  • Strength: 1
  • Dexterity: 1
  • Intelligence: 0
  • Charisma: 0
  • Willpower: 0
Appearance: Ellie on a skiing trip shortly before leaving for the Academy.

Background: Mysteriously abandoned when she was only a baby, Ellie was raised in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan by her two loving adopted mothers, Fareeha and Angela. By all accounts her life was a normal one, and her mother's jobs as a security chief and a doctor, respectively, made sure that she was always provided for. From an early age though she was getting into sports and other physical activities which grew into a great love for winter sports. After an overseas trip to the Winter Olympics, Ellie began to dream of being a winter athlete, though she couldn't decide whether she wanted to be a skier or a hockey player more.

All in all Ellie's life was a normal one, but things took a turn for the strange during a skiing trip gone awry. On a challenging route she flubbed a turn and collided face first with a tree, only instead of crashing against it in a crumpled heap she deformed into a purple ball of slime and bounced off of it, relatively unharmed. An endless barrage of tests later and it was soon confirmed that she was a superhuman with the ability described as amorphous physiology, or as her moms joking describe it, 'goo-girlism'. While she was pleased that this meant she wouldn't have to deal with any more serious injuries in her sports career, she also wondered if her new powers meant she would have to go to some sort of special school.

As it turns out, she would go to that school.

Name: Megumi Nakajima

Origin: Nakajima was born in Japan to two unpowered software engineers, however there was always a chance to get powers as some of her relatives had superpowers and they often skip a generation. Nakajima discovered her superpower last year, but instead of immediately going to the authorities she thought she could have some fun with it. Get some extra free time, finally get started on her book, prank some teachers, innocent fun like that. However this soon backfired spectacularly as many of her clones had existential crises and psychotic breaks. Nakajima was soon found in a massive brawl between herself and at least fourteen of her clones just outside of school grounds. After this incident, Nakajima enthusiastically agreed to enrol in Grand Peak to get her powers under control.

Superpower: Nakajima can create temporary clones of herself, similar to the shadow clone technique from Naurto. Upon taking serious injury or by the agreement of both the clone and the original Nakajima, the clone can be dismissed. The clones are identical to Nakajima in most respects, however they cannot make clones of themselves. Nakajima doesn't know if there is a limit to the amount of clones that she can summon at one time, however there are some serious limitations to her power. The first limitation is that when a clone is dismissed, Nakajima gains all of their memories, but she also gains all their physical exhaustion. This increases for each clone she is dismissing at a time. The other major limitation is that she doesn't exactly get along with her clones and they are also prone to existential crises and psychotic breaks. While she could theoretically make a lot of clones to do all of her classes and homework in record time, this really didn't end well last time.

Stats:
Strength: 0
Perception: 0
Intelligence: 1
Charisma: 1
Willpower: 0

Appearance: Short feminine green hair (which isn't unusual in this universe) and eyes, average height. She has a birth mark that looks like the Roman numeral "I" on the back side of her right arm, different clones have different roman numerals on their arm (the second clone has II, the third clone has III, fourth has IV ect).

Favourite Activities: Writing, listening to music, socialising, lame and good natured pranks, skiving off, socialising and video gaming.
Favourite Colour:
Green
Favourite Food: Mapo Tofu
Favourite Music: Vocaloid J-Pop
Favourite Dessert: Vanilla Icecream
Favourite Literature: Science Fiction

Languages: Japanse (Native), English (heavily accented and incomplete).

Top Bottom