"Axis of Evil" now includes Pakistan and Saudi Arabia.

I am the Future said:
Does Bush want a Nuclear War? This is the sort of thing that pushed North Korea. Saudi Arabia, Pakistan you better get Nukes fast or Bush will invade.
I wish you Gods Speed, May the Force Be With You, Etc. etc.
The only thing that pushes North Korea into anything is Kim Jong Il. Note that the leaders of the countries in question are all autocrats using their power to further their own demented agendas. The supposed "militarism" of the United States only gives them a chance psuh their plans further.

Cuivienen said:
Okay, you're Indian, so just a slight bias there ;)

Pakistan is one of the most moderate Muslim nations, up there with Turkey for its secular reforms. While Musharraf is a dictator, he is a somewhat benevolent one, and violence between India and Pakistan has dropped during his rule.

If I had to trust a Muslim country with nukes, only Turkey would come higher on the list than Pakistan for the simple reason that Turkey has no significant border disputes.

The government itself may be moderate but the society has dangerous fanatical elemnts as well as sepratisim and rebellion in its provinces. A military dictatorship is not a stable form of government and will only last as long as military support lasts. If Musharaff dies another General will likley take control but in the possible fighting/chaos that results in between there could be a real danger.

In Pakistan there are 12 military districts each lead by a Corps Commander. Each Corps Commander has the authority to launch nukes ON HIS OWN WITHOUT ORDERS FROM ISLAMABAD. The reasoning behind this is if India wiped out Pakistans major command and control abality with a nuke strike Pakistan could still retaliate.
However the real danger is that if some fundamentalist Corps Commander was in charge and Mushraff died and some sort of infighting occured nukes could be launched. Pakistan is not a safe country at all to have nukes....
And for the record Mushraff was the orchestrator of the 1999 Kargil War which the Pakistani PM did'nt know about. He has'nt really contributed much to the peace process it has been mostly an Indian inatitive.

blindside said:
Well Silver wants to see bloodshed and violence so obviously hes not happy with the way things are going now. Meanwhile he can go get drunk in school and be really cool about it.

You don't know me. You don't know what i'm like or my views.

Yo, you guys are pretty stupid. Firstly the OP's post doesn't have a working link. And this is not news, this is just made up its a spoof. Why would the USA add Pakistan on the Axis of evil? when its declared Pakistan as a Major Non NATO Allay? you know what that means? Pakistan can get free military aid and enriched Uranium from the USA FREE!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3814013.stm

Try to get real news! next time!

silver 2039 said:
The government itself may be moderate but the society has dangerous fanatical elemnts as well as sepratisim and rebellion in its provinces. A military dictatorship is not a stable form of government and will only last as long as military support lasts. If Musharaff dies another General will likley take control but in the possible fighting/chaos that results in between there could be a real danger.

In Pakistan there are 12 military districts each lead by a Corps Commander. Each Corps Commander has the authority to launch nukes ON HIS OWN WITHOUT ORDERS FROM ISLAMABAD. The reasoning behind this is if India wiped out Pakistans major command and control abality with a nuke strike Pakistan could still retaliate.
However the real danger is that if some fundamentalist Corps Commander was in charge and Mushraff died and some sort of infighting occured nukes could be launched. Pakistan is not a safe country at all to have nukes....
And for the record Mushraff was the orchestrator of the 1999 Kargil War which the Pakistani PM did'nt know about. He has'nt really contributed much to the peace process it has been mostly an Indian inatitive.

What a load of crap - cite your sources. typical lying from the habitually lying Indians. Whats new?

Anyway you have "Mugal" in your title, let me tell you something the "Mugal" empire was part of the Islamic empire which ruled India for 1000 years. lol

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3015085.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mughal

Moderator Action: Go to Ban. Go Directly to Ban. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Sentence TBD for this racist post and the spam generated in this thread. - The Yankee

Edit: Ban length set to one week.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Your card should read as follows:
B, T: Resurrect target thread thread on a nonfirst page. Post must be inane and not significantly contribute.

If you can give me a higher-res image, I can make a better card for you.

In response to the thread necromancer, the reason that the link doesn't work might be that this thread is months old.

Erik Mesoy said:
Your card should read as follows:
B, T: Resurrect target thread thread on a nonfirst page. Post must be inane and not significantly contribute.

If you can give me a higher-res image, I can make a better card for you.
I could do it myself if I had that higher-res pic. Besides, I rather like "signifigantly".

Come on. Get real, the US even if they had to couldn't invade another country as long the situation in Iraq is not resolved.

We are at what now? 2500 US soldiers KIA? I don't believe the US population would support another war in the sandbox.

If one of its allie were to be invaded, i'm sure the US would step up and fight the good fight, i mean the population would back it up. But starting another Bush's war? I hardly believe thats what the US population wants.

Napoliean said:
Yo, you guys are pretty stupid. Firstly the OP's post doesn't have a working link. And this is not news, this is just made up its a spoof. Why would the USA add Pakistan on the Axis of evil? when its declared Pakistan as a Major Non NATO Allay? you know what that means? Pakistan can get free military aid and enriched Uranium from the USA FREE!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3814013.stm

Try to get real news! next time!
Try not to gravedig threads from more than a year ago, alright? It's annoying.

The fact stands though that we have to watch the remaining theocratic countries very closely, and always be ready for war when a threat arises.

puglover said:
The fact stands though that we have to watch the remaining theocratic countries very closely, and always be ready for war when a threat arises.

Saudi Arabia is by no means a theocracy. They are strictly a monarchy, and as long as they have control of the oil and the US backing them that wont change. (ie unlike what happened to the Shah in Iran)

Yeeek said:
Come on. Get real, the US even if they had to couldn't invade another country as long the situation in Iraq is not resolved.

We are at what now? 2500 US soldiers KIA? I don't believe the US population would support another war in the sandbox.

If one of its allie were to be invaded, i'm sure the US would step up and fight the good fight, i mean the population would back it up. But starting another Bush's war? I hardly believe thats what the US population wants.

Its possible. The US military can do it and bush is crazy enough to issue the order.

Anyway the initially point I was making and was relevant to the topic was, the OPs post contradicts the US foreign policy. So anyone who claimed that Pakistan has been entered into the list of the "Axis of evil" is not really clued up.

Also the point you make is somewhat interesting the general American public doesn't really even support the Iraq war after the genocide/massacre committed by American troops and the Abu Ghrab scandal and to top it all of you have Guantanamo people being held there indefinitely without charge which is a blatant violation of basic human rights and the Geneva convention.

I'm sure from a military point of view the US could do it as long we are not talking about invading north korea, china, europe ect.. Even so, i don't really believe they could send occupation troops on Iranian soil. Air Strikes? Yes. Iraq part 2? I hope not.

I don't live in the US, so of course i can't tell how popular Bush is but from the echoes i hear, i hardly believe the population would back up another invasion.

Yeeek said:
I'm sure from a military point of view the US could do it as long we are not talking about invading north korea, china, europe ect.. Even so, i don't really believe they could send occupation troops on Iranian soil. Air Strikes? Yes. Iraq part 2? I hope not.

I don't live in the US, so of course i can't tell how popular Bush is but from the echoes i hear, i hardly believe the population would back up another invasion.

Israelis want to destroy Iran and the Iranians want to destroy Israel. If you ask me, I think we should let them both battle it out.

Can I just ask as I am confused - I don't seem to understand the logic of my Indian brothers!

This is nonsense. How long ago was this topic created, first one to give me the answer gets a cookie. And what did I say this story was ubbber rubbish. Is Pakistan on an "Axis of Evil" list? please only the sane humans who are not living in a narcoleptic fantasy land answer. I guess this rules out my Indian brothers from answering this post.

Honestly, Jesus some of you guys are so gullible to the point you will believe any nonsense someone suggests on here. Pakistan is not a terrorist state, Pakistan is a key ally on the war on terror. For those of you who are learning impaired this means Pakistan is not on no "evil" list. My Indian brothers should read the story of "the boy who cried out wolf" and comprehend the moral of the story.

Regards,
The Humanist.

Top Bottom