1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

AZ-06: Jolly Roger

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by azaris, Oct 10, 2007.

1. azaris

azaris King

Ahem...

:trophy:

2. pawelo

pawelo Emperor

Lurker's (has nothing to do with civ) comment: Don't forget the football team. I would be :mad: too.
    Btw, great game going on here, too bad you were ahead a few days with this idea Azaris, I was going to start a similar one with Ragnar...

3. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

shut up. anyway, there is an inquest doing on so we will see how that turns out.

4. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

popped a scientist, gar, i did blow him up to get this:

arr! matey, we got'a stinking philosophy now! we can no longer kill without conscience so i thought. but then me realised, philosophy teaches pirates to have no phear, ooh-arrgh! so this was accepted as a rotten good deal. me got to cannon a scientist and we learnt no phear, aye.

we also founded that rotten stinking religious rubbish, me hearties. now religion believes on that no stealing or killing or burning or razing to the ground. it also doesn't believe in partieng on other'cap'n ship until 5 in t'morning. so me no likey religion, arrgh.

me wanta beserker so i research "machinery". why'd'ya need machines for crazy guys with axes and nothing to lose?

also traded for calendar, yar. we need it later for astronomy anyways.

building great big fat golden statue in memory of some greek hearty who throws thunderbolts and stuff. he'll smite our enemies so he will.

here the save, me hearties:

Attached Files:

5. azaris

azaris King

FIA taking the title from Ferrari and giving it to McLaren based on technical issues with a third party? I'll beat an AW Deity game before that happens.

Trieste is UP.

6. Trieste

Trieste Warlord

got it but I won't be able to play till tomorrow evening (exams :cringe:)

plan for discussion:
    -revolt on turn 1 to OR/bureaucracy from the default civics
    -Research = ??? We could go lit > music still, or pick up feudalism and compass, both handy techs, or beeline liberalism, or guilds > banking for early banks. My plan is compass for harbors then beeline liberalism as it seems a bit late now to get the GL or free GA from music.
    -expansion would be (in the unlikely event of me building a settler in time) the iron/fish site near Jelling 1 NE of the iron
    -Elizabeth will trade gems for our gold, if there are no objections to this I'll take it.
    -Jelling is building a monument but it has Islam and the border will pop one turn after the monument builds anyway, is it ok to change the build?

7. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

We didn't revolt last turnset? I marked it as a to-do item on the initial turn as that was when civil service came in.

8. tycoonist

tycoonist Deity

oops :eek:

9. Trieste

Trieste Warlord

8 turns in and there's the French look some of our land:

:mad:
    War with Louie? There's a good city spot that gets fish and iron nw of lyons. He's last in score and only knows england and the dutch who both don't like him

10. Indibil

Indibil Chieftain

I would check his contacts. I he's only known to Willem and he has negative attitude towards Louis I'm for war. We have to start it sooner or later.

However, -4 gpt at 70% research means we could do with an infra build (courthouses) before war.

11. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

Has he got nothing defending that city? Maybe our axeman guard (I assume there is one) can walk up and burn the city down.

I see the galley is right there too. There's an archer and an axeman on the island on the west side of that screenshot that could be ferried over in short order before Louis transports in more troops.

12. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

IMHO it is a opportunity that we can't waste. Go there ASAP and burn/ capture it

13. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

The frenchy fool put the city on the iron. Burn it down, and get another settler ready to correctly settle the spot, if at all possible so he doesn't try again.

14. Indibil

Indibil Chieftain

He was probably without metals, thus he made the hard choice and settled a rubbish city to get the iron. However, him bringing a worker instead of defenders in the galley means he's left the city ripe for burning.

Let's play Viking, shan't we? Burn, rape, raze! (at least with this city ;))

15. Trieste

Trieste Warlord

Ahoy, yar

t0 - re'olt t' or/bruesucracy, change Jellin' t' courthouse and start compass
    t1 - freddie takes Harditary rule/'assalage
    t2 - gold t' liz for gems
    t3 - Upsala: tradin' post>granary
    t4 -
    t5 - compass > paper
    The Dutch get Ap in Amsterdam for Confucism
    French found that doomed iron city on Our land
    t6 - hangin' gardens in Germany somewhar, we get some gold from a hut when Jellin''s borders pop
    t7 - Soz in Nidaros>harbor
    t8 - War!

:lol:
    You go ahead and make partisans o'er thar ye yellow-bellied Frenchman

Haibathu: Lib>harbor
    t9 - whip haithabu harbor
    t10 - paper>feudalism
    Nidaros: me think a harbor> berserker
    Uppsala: granary>trireme
    Haithabu: Harbor> settler
    fred gets chicken itza
    Joao takes Or/'assalage
    finally captured that French worker!
    t11 - Louis adopts Pacifism :confused:
    Bjorg'in: granary>monument (b/c tis' only a turn t' finish it now)
    t12 - Nidaros: Berserker>market, Bjorg'in: monument>work boat
    Spanish capital now:

t13 - bjorg'in border pop
    GJ Spain :lol:

t14 - Gl build somewhar
    t15 - feudalism>education. no beakers in edu yet. nobody else has paper so we look good for the liberalism race
    Uppsala: trireme>longbow (longbow buildin' time)
    Bjorg'in: Workboat>barracks

GS born in Nidaros. Will research most o' edumucation but an academy would be better

thar's a workboat on a got' t' the fish by Jellin', it should be thar in 2 or 3 turns

settler in Haithabu in 3 turns.

Me ha'en't seen any French military at all. We might be able t' get peace now or we could be awesome 'ikin' pirates :viking: and send some berserks o'er. either way whoe'er's next please mo'e the trireme between us and France

Tis' good t' finally see some bloodshed, shiver me timbers!

Attached Files:

16. azaris

azaris King

GLibrary is in Orleans. Could we take it? I'd rather fancy it.

r_rolo1 is UP.

17. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Got it.... will play tomorrow

18. Zargon

Zargon Warlord

If we can take the great library easily, then it might be worth it, but I'd think a big priority for now would be to continue to expand as much as possible, because pre-astronomy technology really limits our ability to mount an offense on an islands map.

Thus, I still think the optimal strategy is to grow our power base now, and start the smackdown when transports allow us the most bang for our buck.

On the other hand, if it's a gimme and we can grab it with, say, 2 galleys hauling in 4 berserkers, the islands nature of the map will severely limit their ability to strike back.

I'll take a look at the save when I get home tonight.

19. Trieste

Trieste Warlord

If we can get anything for peace now it would worth it to take it. We only have one galley and one berserk, and the galley ought to be used now to ferry a settler+garrison to that iron city spot. Between that, building more galleys/berserkers, and actually getting to Louis we have 10 turns easy. Seconding if any city is an easy kill we should do it.

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Turn 0 – After some thinking I decided to backfill a little ( we gave to give a use for our ol'techs.... too bad that there is not a rum resource to put on table ):
    Spoiler :

Propose is obvious, yarr: machines for cracking heads and better ships ( y’re pirates in galleys? So roman times.... :p )

Turn 1 – IBT Izzy wants a deal:
    (forgot screenie Lit + 110 gold vs compass )
    Said no ( lit looses a lot without TGL...) , Fred wants business too:
    Spoiler :

Yeah, y’re pirares but y’re not stupid .....

Mada a academy in capitol, as suggested. It took 2 turns of Educa... yurrr... that thing that gives that fancy places that have fraternities and lots of booze ;)

One question: y’re pirates, we want a booze... so why this winery is not connected ? :p that makes our crews not happy...
    Spoiler :

Turn 2 – Stupid Louis built Parthenon .... Ind guys never learn...

Turn 3 – Settler ferried to city tag (3 turns ) Willem has pikes.... good, we don’t need to research it

Turn 6 – Founded Iron city:
    Spoiler :

Turn 8 – I don’t think that we have the possibily of launchin a attack t'Louis.... So we ask for peace * spit on the ground *
    Spoiler :

The map of Louis shows why he’s so behind:
    Spoiler :

This is whole the France.... A tasty target for troop training , methinks....

Turn 9 – Fred has a sense of humour ( or a hidden bottle of rum ):
    Spoiler :

Willem has paper and got a GS ... this guy has to go before he gets the dikes

Turn 10 – Izzy is smoking some wierd shaped pipe as well ( y’re already have wine.... some :smoke: would be good too ;) )
    Spoiler :

Small state of the world 1050 AD

Empire
    Spoiler :

Tech screen
    Spoiler :

Thoughts

I’m worried about willem.... he’s teching hard and it may put us in trouble. I suggest that we should take him down as soon as possible ( after getting Louis down ( that will have to wait for Astro :( the lucky bastard has a ocean belt protecting him ))). I’m afraid that he’ll get Lib out of under our noses ( if he bulbed his GS he has a chance )
    Next things are quite obvious: Lib, Astro, Gun ( maybe trade for ) Eng , chem and privateer rush willem and João ( I think that they are our more serious contenders.... )
    We’ll have a settler in 3 turns. I was thinking on the spice spot on our main island.... any idea of a alternate place?

Roster

azaris - Up to get us big ships to kill tha French *spit on the ground*
    Indibil - On deck , waiting to get something to do
    Zargon
    tycoonist
    Trieste
    r_rolo1 - just played, and made peace with tha French *spit on the ground*

Good luck!

P.S Why can’t , ye pirates , to make rum in this game :p ?