Aztec Cheat

Aztec Warrior

Chieftain
I have been playing a Civ player online and he has horse back riding every game before i have even had 5 turns.

Does anyone know of a cheat he might be using?

It may not be a cheat. It is possible that he used his first warrior to defeat a barbarian camp which (by luck) gave him a horseman.
Alternatively, by getting a good starting location and focusing exclusively on researching horseback riding, he might be able to get it quick enough. This would be easiest for an Indian because of resource advantages. Egyptians could also get it without much difficulty if they are lucky enough to get the Colossus as their free wonder.

It seems that something is not right. I have tried science focus also and he always gets the horse back riding before me. He could not of had 5 barbarian villages in a row giving him horse back riding surely

If you have played several games against this person, then options are reduced.

What civilisation are you each using?

We played about 5 games in a row. When you start with certain Civs you can focus science straight away but not with the Aztecs.

I used a different Civ each time. My record head to head is about 60 wins 60 losses so i have seen many different tactics and can normally defend players that rush armies or study horse back riding first up.

The irony is i normally use the Aztecs just wanted to practice with different Civ's for a bit.

OK, I'm not aware of any way they could have done it. They may have cheated, they may have used some technique I'm not aware of.

I just checked his stats and he has 650 victories! Maybe he is just really good the one game i was beating him the game froze, filthy.

Still can't work out how he got horsemen so quick. Might try to send him a message and get some tips. As i said i win most of the games i play only lose 1 out of 4 or so normally.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there is no cheat. If it's five turns, he's probably researching horseback riding at the start, putting both his tiles on sea tiles. That would allow him to get horseback riding in five turns. Then he could use the gold that he starts with to rush a horseman.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm guessing there is no cheat. If it's five turns, he's probably researching horseback riding at the start, putting both his tiles on sea tiles. That would allow him to get horseback riding in five turns. Then he could use the gold that he starts with to rush a horseman.

Rushing may not even be that necessary They would be first to get horseback riding and so get a free horseman.

If it was 5 turns and not less, that's why you don't know some things about the game.

That is not cheating and it's an old strategy, and getting a free horseman is impossible in the first turns.

Rushing may not even be that necessary They would be first to get horseback riding and so get a free horseman.

There are no "first to" bonuses on the first level of the tech tree, i.e. no free horseman.

The "First to" message pops up for some early techs (Like Ceremonial Burial), but you don't actually get anything off of it. Neither a message or unit pops up when you get HBR.

Can you explain what you want to say??? With aztecs normally you can have a horseman every time you play them.

Can you explain what you want to say??? With aztecs normally you can have a horseman every time you play them.

This makes less sense than anything anyone else has said.

The complaint is that someone is getting horsemen faster than 'Aztec Warrior' thought it was possible.

There is no way to cheat, he just quickly researched horseback riding and goldrushed a horseman. Not much else to discuss here...

maybe he took a barb hut that gave HBR, then got a few free from other huts, and maybe rushed one?

Top Bottom