Aztec Diplomacy Interface

Traianus

Why is it dark in here?
Hi all. I've finally finished my Aztec diplo interface and I personally like the result. I've fully in-game tested and everything seems ok so let me know if not. It's a big file so I had to upload in two halves.(You need both zips for the full effect)
Two things I would like opinions on are the jade up and down arrows and the jade dragon in the talk_offer screen.
Cheers!
Edit.(23/08/2005) I've added pop-up menu & border graphix.

Attachments

• AztecDiploInterface.zip
    341.1 KB · Views: 487
  • AztecDiploInterface2.zip
    307.8 KB · Views: 446
  • AztecPop&Borders.zip
    66.4 KB · Views: 462
Here are the screenies!

Attachments

• AztecSS1.jpg
    AztecSS1.jpg
    457.2 KB · Views: 2,005
hello,

it is definitivly amazing !!!

Awesome! I'm definitely using this immediately for the GotM46...it might stay permenently. :D

My one minor gripe about tthe Celtic version was the black art under the negotiation screen. This one is grayed-out so it stays in the background and doesn't get in the way of the game text.

Good job. :goodjob:

Hmm. I had forgotten about that black diamond graphic in the celtic one. I might go back and redo that.
Thanks MeteorPunch and Rod.

I've now added pop-up menu & border graphix on the first post. Stick 'em directly into your art folder.(back-up originals first)

It's something I'd like to do but I'm still relatively new to this type of graphic manipulation and I feel it would take a really long time to complete. However, there's no reason I can't do it one step at a time as I work on the Aztec scenario.

I have a template that I start from. It shows me where the various text areas have to be . Then I decide on a texture for the text panels and just search endlessly for images to use and abuse to fill the surrounding areas.
I have a better version of the template at home but you can find my original one here.

I'm sure you'd get it. Everything sounds complex until you've done it a couple of times. It's more tedious than anything else.
Maybe I'll do a tutorial soon. Feels a little wierd though. A month ago I hadn't posted a single piece of work yet. Now people are asking requests. I don't feel like I'm in a position to teach anything when I still have so much learning to do myself!

WOW! I've never messed with the Civ interface graphics before, but this is cool enough to do so! :thanx: Great work! Can't wait to play RoCX with this baby as the Aztecs!

SilverKnight

fantastic

eta on the tutorial ?

Very cool...
I like the Celtic one better, but his one is alot easier to read on, and it's really neat, down to the skull box borders.
Cool.

Top Bottom