Aztec Eagle Warrior Trait Location

DylanJack

Chieftain
So I tinker sometimes and was looking through and changing some values in the data files. I just looked through the Aztec files and was wondering where they specify the Eagle Warrior's chance of capturing a unit into a builder.

Although there was a trait attribute for the ability, it doesn't really specify it anywhere else in the dlc files. I looked through the main game files too but couldn't really find anything. Anyone know where the trait value is located? Thanks

Edit: The Aztec ability also only apples to actual civs, not barbarians. Mentioning how to change that would also be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\UnitAbilities.xml
<Row>
<UnitAbilityType>ABILITY_CAPTIVE_WORKERS</UnitAbilityType>
<ModifierId>CAPTURE_COMBAT_UNITS_AS_WORKERS</ModifierId>
</Row>

<Row>
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_UNIT_ADJUST_COMBAT_CAPTURE</ModifierType>
</Row>

<Row>
<Name>CanCapture</Name>
<Value>true</Value>
</Row>

<Row> ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- if deleted it should working like Seadog
<Name>UnitType</Name>
<Value>UNIT_BUILDER</Value>
</Row>

Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Modifiers.xml

<Row>
<ModifierType>MODIFIER_UNIT_ADJUST_COMBAT_CAPTURE</ModifierType>
<CollectionType>COLLECTION_OWNER</CollectionType>
<EffectType>EFFECT_ADJUST_UNIT_COMBAT_CAPTURE</EffectType>
</Row>

I believe game effects are DLL defined, so there is no straight way to turn barbarian into builder.
After further digging up the file, I think maybe you can try to combine Apostle's promotion ability to convert barbarians as a workaround. Convert to a player unit and then capture as a builder.

Top Bottom