Aztec Horseman

So that's fantasy...After all it's just a game and every one of us has his own tastes, not all of us like fantasy unit, do we ?? ;) I like Warhammer mod but you have the right not to follow me...

themanuneed said:
Does this make sense, :confused: I mean is it historicaly accurate or as logical as, I don't know, a cossack riding an elephant??? :crazyeye:
It's possible. Just have the Aztecs survive the Spanish onslaught, and steal a few horses, and learn how to ride them.

Just that the Aztecs didn't survive. Small pox made sure of that.

The Last Conformist said:
You do realize that an Aztec riding a llama would be no less ahistorical than one riding a horse?

Of course. of course. :D But at least its likelier than horse for an alt-history line since there are plenty of llama around and they are much more suitable for the mountainous terrain eventhough historically they are used more as a beast of burden. ;)

Cool Alt-history unit! Kind of like the Zulu Zebra Rider. Seeing how I'm already using that naked chick on a horse for the Incas, this will be the Mesoamerican equivalent...

...I guess if the Plains Indians could figure out horseback riding, the Aztecs could have too if, as was pointed out above, they didn't die off from smallpox right away.

This unit is worth 1,000 sacrificed warriors!

Llama are quite a bit smaller than horses and a grown man trying to ride one into battle would probably break the poor thing's back. Children sometimes ride them, and women, but over 150lbs or so you're going to have a hard time getting it to carry you and forget wearing armor or carrying along heavy equipment.

So a llama riding unit would be a bit silly. A llama chariot, on the other hand...

ObTangential: The Inca, whose empire was a rather stabler and organizeder affair than the Aztecs', continued to resist for decades after the initial Spanish conquest, and swifly learnt to field light cavalry units

Well, while this unit is certainly fictional, even if you make it so that no horse resources are available in the Americas the Aztecs (etc) could buy them from Europe via the trade system (since the aparition of the Spaniards in Mesoamerica wouldn't bring along horses anyway).

For later mounted Indian units I have added a second horse resource exclusive to the Americas: The Mustangs, available sometime in the end phase of the middle age. So the Old World mounted units will still require Horses proper (i.e. most wild horses were considered inadequate for army use) while the Indian civs could take advantage of these novelties.

Thanks for yet another great unit Shiro :)

Maybe someone should try to make Kal-el's Aztec Knight in the future as an upgrade for this great unit Shiro.

A good name for this unit, perhaps would be Cuel Tlapiani

Cuel is quickly in Nahautl, while Tlapiani means "one who guards". This is the closest word I could find for "Warrior" in any of the online Nahautl dictionaries.

Top Bottom