Babe, Hunk and Similar Threads

Petek

Alpha Centaurian
Administrator
Supporter
Effective immediately, the babe, hunk and similar threads have been moved to a non-public location and no similar threads may be created. The reason for this change is that our host, Atomic Gamer (AG), has been given take down notices about these threads from Google. Google does not permit its ads to be displayed in threads that contain "adult or mature" content. Google's definition is as follows:

Google ads may not be placed on pages with adult or mature content. This includes, but is not limited to, pages with images or videos containing:

Strategically covered nudity
Sheer or see-through clothing
Lewd or provocative poses
Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches
Failure to comply promptly with Google's notification could result in AG being barred from running Google ads on their site. Since AG provides free hosting to CivFanatics, we naturally wish to keep them on good terms with Google.

In addition to prohibiting future babe and hunk threads, all images and videos posted on CivFanatics must comply with Google's above rules. Google interprets these rules very liberally. We'll delete any images or videos that might violate the rules.

Please use this thread to discuss this new policy.

Wtf google? Good thing this isn't an anime forum then, that'd ban most of those shows :lol: These are so vague though, does this mean you can't post screenshots of an underwear run through of a game?

Google, of course, doesn't actually do that. So you're panicking for not one damned reason whatsoever.

Just when you thought Google couldn't become worse, they strike again. Glad I haven't used those rascals for years.

lurker's comment: No more Vice City videos, then.

This is really about ethics in game journalism.

Can we report threads that have screenshots of CivIV warriors?

I wouldn't go that far.

WOW.

Ethics: 0
Cabal: 1

Strategically covered nudity
Sheer or see-through clothing
Lewd or provocative poses
Close-ups of breasts, buttocks, or crotches

Does this apply to Civ4 animals too? A close up of a lion's behind? They're even nude! :eek:

Does strategically covered nudity cover this

Spoiler :

or is that just tactical covered nudity?

Yes, let's just make all babe threads hijab. I'm certain there's no way that could be seen as more sexist than a model.

The hijab is just the headscarf, which can be very cute.

Or screenshots of Civ games that have male models with no shirts on. #2hunky4me

Oh dear, yes we do have a problem now. So many games violate these 'rules' D:

So google's policy is not to display its ads in babe or hunk threads? How many non babe or hunk threads are there are on the forum where google can display its ads?

Or is this google saying that they won't advertise in any forum that contains such threads which is totally different to its quoted policy.

When you say google interprets their policy liberally do you mean that google interprets their policy illiberally?

She is literally four minutes away from violating Google's lewdness policies.
It doesn't take that long to show some ankle.

Or is this google saying that they won't advertise in any forum that contains such threads which is totally different to its quoted policy

I think that is what they mean, they don't want to run their ads on lewd sites.

When you say google interprets their policy liberally do you mean that google interprets their policy illiberally?
It means that besides their rules being vague, they will enforce them at their own and often wildly inconsistent discretion.

Top Bottom