1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Babylon and The Mongols Should be Allowed on Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by troytheface, Dec 5, 2010.

1. troytheface

troytheface Deity

what gives

throw them on there

if you dont have them who cares play like russia or something

I say everything to help the enemy, they can play chiefton with Keshiks and I
    will play random on diety

if people complain then you at least have that Oscar Wilde thing of "better to have them talking bad about you then not talking at all"

unless they can't because of like programming in which case then reprogram because more is more and when it comes to civs more is better

2. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Firaxis and 2K haven't been forthcoming on precisely WHY these civs aren't allowed, and many people (including newcomers to Civ) have asked WHY Baby and Mongols aren't allowed in multi. Makes no sense. Zilch, none.

Seriously, it's not too hard to code in a tick button saying "Allow Babylon," if not everyone has that. And everyone has the Mongols, as that was an instant update.

No excuses Firaxis!

3. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

They said they were looking into a way to make it so Babylon is playable even against players who don't have the DLC. Maybe they're waiting until they finish the singleplayer patch and start working on multiplayer before they address the issue.

No excuse for the Mongols, though. They were free, so everybody should have them.

4. JoxerNL

JoxerNL Warlord

Looking at their current market strategy im betting we will have to pay $9,95 to "unlock" the multiplayer feature for said civs

5. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I doubt it, they've promised mulitplayer additions in a patch and are hiring at least one extra multiplayer programmer. It seems likely that this is something they'd add with a multiplayer patch. In addition, they also promised it was something that would be free.

6. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

What 2k promises and what they actually implement is two entirely different things. I agree though, there isn't a real valid reason why baby's and Mong's shouldn't be in MP.

7. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

There is a valid reason for Babylon, not for Mongolia. It was Firaxis that promised it, not 2K, and they've followed through decently well so far. They promised to release the mod tools shortly after launch and they released them. Of course, they were buggy as hell, but they were released ;)

8. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

It's the same reason on Civ IV you can't play a guy with a mod online.

9. Drakarska

Drakarska Epic Dadness

*blinks* um, I play several civ iv mods online with friends. Am I misunderstanding your post?

10. Skwink

Skwink FRIIIIIIIIIITZ

Because if you try to play a guy that doesn't have your mod, it won't work.

11. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Pô Chi Min

Babylonians are overpowered. Really unbalanced in multilpayer. As for Mongols, well like someone said it's free for everyone and this civ is not overpowered.