Babylon animation

Nordiska

Chieftain
So since they have been reusing animations for the NFP: Maya reused Nubia, Gran Columbia reused Brazil, Byzantium reused China, Gaul reused the Zulus, Ethiopia eludes me at the moment....

Who do you think Babylon will reuse?

Menelik II reused Cyrus' animations.

I don't know for Babylon, but the image we had from the leak made me furiously think of Harald. But maybe I'm wrong.
One thing is sure: it cannot be Gilgamesh animations, because nobody has the same... frame as our Gilgabro.

Edit: why I think they're the same :

upload_2020-11-10_0-6-32.png

Same posture, same smirk letting you see their teeth... Sure, Harald is buffer than Hammurabi, but still, I see an odd similarity between the two.

What magick prevents the team from doing new animations from scratch?

Before this thread devolves, it's key to point out that saying "the leaders reuse animations" is misleading. Idle frames are reused. They're still doing the bulk of animations by hand.

Why? Oh I don't know - a pandemic?

What magick prevents the team from doing new animations from scratch?
I don't know, maybe the fact they're working from home during a global pandemic :rolleyes:

I don't know, maybe the fact they're working from home during a global pandemic :rolleyes:

Yep, also let's be honest, it is probably something that only we would play and document, I doubt the VAST majority of players even notice

I think Hammurabi will have Chandragupta's animations, actually. Proportions and pose seem to match as well.

Clearly Kristina’s, since they both have curly hair, er... beard? ;)

This comparison is quickly braking down

I think Hammurabi will have Chandragupta's animations, actually. Proportions and pose seem to match as well.
I'm not so sure. Chandragupta angles his shoulders the other way. Harald does look like a better fit. It's going to be weird when he hands you his crown when agreeing to deals. :mischief:

Before this thread devolves, it's key to point out that saying "the leaders reuse animations" is misleading. Idle frames are reused. They're still doing the bulk of animations by hand.
And yet the player is going to watch their idle animations a lot more than their active ones. A lot of Civ6's appeal has been the personality of the leaders so reusing these animations has been very noticeable and very disappointing to me.

I do think people vastly underestimate the amount of time it takes to make an animation, especially considering pandemic conditions, the quick turnaround of the new frontier pass, it seems pretty natural to build on a preexisting base. I'd also second the opinion that I don't think anyone really notices outside of here, and also that reusing an animation does not mean that the animation is bad

I think the only time I really noticed it was for my most recent game where I had both Persia and Ethiopia as opponents. They both kept denouncing me and as a result I kept seeing their "angry" pose quite often.

Top Bottom