[NFP] Babylon First Look

bite

Unofficial Civilization Cartographer
Super Moderator

Oh Wow, you were right, eurekas give you the whole tech

Oh Wow, you were right, eurekas give you the whole tech
This is just unfair. Who cares about decreased Science per turn, do you know how easy it is to get Eurekas?

I guess people were right after all

It's hard to say exactly how strong this is. On one hand hand full eurekas is insane (100% instead of 40%), but also losing 50% regular yield in the process kind of balances that out. Especially considering the strategic element is probably gonna work against you since 1) you won't be able to get all eurekas anyway, and 2) all the "pre-researches" you normally do are now gonna be completely wasted science since the boost would fully complete it anyway. I feel like it's gonna be kinda difficult to really minmax this ability to its full potential

That being said, it does sound like a lot of fun and something which will reward planning ahead a lot. Also it'll make playing with tech/civic shuffle mode very interesting

Does that mean we can skip technologies or do you still need the to have the previous ones researched ?

Also, I didn't really understand the envoy thing, is it for every specialty district except the first one of its kind ?

I really like the leader design. I actually want his outfit.

I think the civ is more balanced than people would expect, and will really need spies in the late game.

Still, it does seem quite powerful, if not stronger than, say, Gran Colombia. Better, though, is their bonus is an interesting one which requires you to actively work towards it for the highest yield.

Can you imagine the crossbow rush?

Great Library, go go go.

This is going to be a fun civ with so many interesting ways to get something super early.

Ancient era x-bows? Sure.

Found city, research mining, get builder, mines x3, unlock Apprenticeship, build super early IndZone and get a free workshop.

Found city on coast to get Sailing, builder, two coastal resources to unlock Celestial Nav, build another city and get two Harbors one comes with free lighthouse, unlock Cartography in Classical.

Last edited:
Does that mean we can skip technologies or do you still need the to have the previous ones researched ?

Most likely they'll just sit there until prerequisites are researched

Also, I didn't really understand the envoy thing, is it for every specialty district except the first one of its kind ?

Envoys are for non-speciality districts like Aqueduct, plus for Governor Plaza

Top Bottom