Babylon - I want more

Santa Maria

Warlord
I am a huge fan of Babylon, so I am really disapointed when I see how poorly the AI always performs with them. It makes me so sad.

The once so Great empire as the Babylonian was, with their lethal bowmen and chariots. One of the greatest empires so early in history - and they are so poorly performing in CiV.

Also I find it a big simplification (although acceptable)
- a bowman
- walls of babylon
- ingenuiuty
Babylon was a beast and you cant do anything with that bowman, which is obsoleted in turn 30. I just want so much more of ancient era (babylon) not just 9-10 techs and a stupid bowman.

Each era should have more techs than 9 or 10 and should have more depth, also I wish each civ to be more unique and specific and have more to offer. Especially Babylon should reign the ancient era. But sadly ancient era is over too soon.

What do you think about Babylon and the ancient era?

You must hate every other civ as well, given that they ALL follow the model of having two unique things and an ability.

Babylon are the number one civ for science victories.

The AI has major problems with several civs that under Human control are in the God tier; not just Babylon.

I like all the civs, maybe the Question should be:

Should the civs be more unique?

I say yes, but I like the current concept, it's definitely a step forward.

I wouldn't want the civs to get dramatically different, to the point of being a la Starcraft. This is a game where we reimagine history, so it is enough of a stretch to me to say that certain people had it in their genes to be better with archers, walls, and scientists... to make it more elaborate would not be my wish.

That being said, both Korea and Babylon offer you really "meh" unique units (and a wall), and in exchange tempt you with sheer technological power.

Babylon's Bowman is freaking monstrous, you can totally ignore Construction for Philosophy. Hell, you can even pretend this is vanilla and Archer rush civs on Deity :D I don't know how it's obsoleted by turn 30, unless you're playing on quick so the turn numbers are different.

If you want UA's to be obsolete slower, just turn the game speed down. Try epic speed, or even marathon. There's also a mod somewhere out there that stops tech progression at the classical era.

Top Bottom