[NFP] Babylon Teams

Linklite

Emperor
So, I just had a thought. When you do teams, you get Inspirations and Eurekas when your ally researches a tech or civic respectively. You can probably guess where this is going...

1. Does it work?
  2. If it does, do you consider it cheating?

If you want to use Babylon in multiplayer you'd better use a mod that make Babylon's eureka boost to 90% instead of just giving the tech.

Why is that?
Otherwise it's too broken (balance-wise) to multiplayer. Look at the changes all multiplayer mods have made, e.g. better balanced game etc. They all nerf Babylon on that. Similar to how they nerf Hungary.

Yeah. I've been doing mostly team games with friends through the pandemic - we've had to flat out ban Babylon from our games...

I can see why Babylon would be seriously unbalanced - instant techs that team members have researched is pretty insane.

Gotta say though, maybe it's just my play style, but Hungary doesn't seem all that OP. They can levy more powerful units, but levies are expensive anyway. They get cheap upgrades for them, but that's still temporary. Maybe it's more useful towards the end when gold becomes largely superfluous, but at the beginning, it seems like it's just making levying a less bad choice. You get envoys.for levying, but given that you have to be suzerain first in order to levy, that seems less helpful to me. Maybe I'm just not getting it with Hungary.

Two Civtubers did it very soon after Babylon came out, and it's so broken.

Gotta say though, maybe it's just my play style, but Hungary doesn't seem all that OP. They can levy more powerful units, but levies are expensive anyway. They get cheap upgrades for them, but that's still temporary. Maybe it's more useful towards the end when gold becomes largely superfluous, but at the beginning, it seems like it's just making levying a less bad choice. You get envoys.for levying, but given that you have to be suzerain first in order to levy, that seems less helpful to me. Maybe I'm just not getting it with Hungary.
You make it sounds like you levy for the sake of it. That's not how it works. You levy to conquer stuffs, and that's why it's strong. It is also instantaneous, saving you lots of time, and time is the most critical factor in conquest. I also don't find levies expensive at all compared to building the same army. Free envoys are there to make sure you don't easily get envoy-flipped back and your levy canceled. And it's for 30 turns (shorter if you play faster game speed which basically nerfs them) which in my games usually means 2 civs conquered and 6-8 cities gained early.

Top Bottom