1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Babylonian UHV

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Force44, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Force44

Force44 Chieftain

I managed to achieve a Babylonian UHV on Paragon Marathon (I don't know if it is possible on faster speeds)

First I waited with setteling Babylon until my starting warrior got passed Jerusalem.

The first thing I built was a warrior to station on the Chinese rice.
    (And started a second warrior to guard babylon.)

The first four techs I researched were
    1 Tanning (so I could build 3 bowmen to collaps China) free tech Property for Despotism so I can rush an additional bowman in Niwt-Rst.
    2 Mythology free tech ceremony
    3 Sailing free tech divination (for the oracle)
    4 Leverag free tech Writing

Set research towards contract (construction will be picked up along the way).
    After the first bowman babylon builds a scout to get explore some goody huts.

Send all the bowmen to China as soon as possible.
    I was lucky enough to encounter some barbarians so I could promote one of my archers with cover.
    I stationed the archer with cover on the wheat. The second archer on the pigs. And the third archer on the final plot that yields 2 food. The city will starve to two population and China will desolve into anarchy soon after.

Send the bowmen and the warrior back to babylon. Divert two bowmen to raze independent Delhi.

After the two archers Egypt builds a settler to settle Ninua for more core population so Niwt-Rst can grow without destabalizing the civilization to much.

Start the oracle (you might want to start building the great sphynx for some failgold but I prefer to invest into a ziggurat for additional happines) and take Calendar and Arithmetics. Take care to research Leverage before you complete the oracle.

Dont forget to switch civics to Monarchy Manoralism Deification Redistribution.

Build an Edubba and after that the Hanging gardens in Babylon.

If you are unlucky Greece will attempt to research Construction before you. If that is the case capture Athens (with an army of bowmen)

I got lucky and used them to raze Sur and fend of Persia long enough to pay 50 gold for peace.

Autumn Leaf likes this.
  2. Autumn Leaf

Autumn Leaf Since 1992

I want to know how you captured Niwt-Rst with your Warrior. Did it take a few S/L? I have the worst luck attacking Paragon cities with unpromoted Warriors.

Attack.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  3. Force44

Force44 Chieftain

Nice picture. It makes the thread look way better.

If you are Lucky you will get attacked by an Egyptian warrior which will enable you to pick the cityraiderpromotions. With cityraider II the chances of victory are 'acceptable'
    There are three huts in Africa two of them are relatively near egypt. If you get the free xp you can pick cityrader III and you might encounter a barb (which will grant enough experience for cityraider II)

The game I managed to get the UHV I got the free xp from a hut in the vicinity of the African coast and lakes (under future Ethiopia)
    (I kept peace initially and faced two warriors when I declared war and took the city)

Yes I S/L a lot. I try to keep a save around to be able to go further back than the autosave allows. And the RNG-gods are powerless against the migth of the reloadbutton. Personally I would love a mod that would prevent attacking units from dying and instead gave them multiple turns to achieve victory.

4. Autumn Leaf

Autumn Leaf Since 1992

I'm a veteran of Civ I - the original game where the "Spearman v. Tank" meme was born. Heck, I once lost a Tank to a Barbarian Leader (Defense: 0). Still wondering how that works.

:spear:

Exp from a hut is the hint I was looking for.