1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Back after a long RFC hiatus

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Úmarth, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

And wow RFC Europe is looking excellent! I'm blown away by how far you've come, and ashamed that I lost faith so early in the project :blush:

I'd love to get reacquainted with the project and help out if I can. Is there anything?

2. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

Welcome back*. There is certainly work to be done. There's a pretty much up-to-date to-do list if you see anything that looks like it would be up your alley.

* (Even though I joined after you left, I still read a lot of your suggestions in the old threads)

3. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Welcome back Umarth. We didn't always agree but who does? Really missed your input and your coding skills.
    If Sedna 17 and 3Miro hadn't got involved we'd have been dead in the water a year ago.
    Nice to hear from you again.:goodjob:

4. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Thanks! It's good to see so many people from when we first started going at it properly is still involved, and of course senda seems to have really saved the day.

5. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Yea, I was wondering if you will ever be back. Welcome!

6. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

I feel like I must give credit where due -- 3Miro has been doing all the heavy lifting on the code. At this point he probably understands the mind of Rhye...

7. Úmarth

Úmarth Megalomaniac

Ah, then well done 3Miro!

8. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Thanks, I have been having a lot going on in my life lately so I am unable to contribute as much as I used to, but I hope that will change towards the end of May.

9. st.lucifer

st.lucifer King

I wasn't sure how to handle this, but I see there's already a thread for returning apostates!

I'm back after a long period of creative burnout, and I'm really impressed at how far the project's come. My coding skills are still limited, so I'm not sure how much help I'll be at this point of the game, but I'll do my best to stay current and contribute where possible. Thanks to everyone for all of their hard work!

10. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Welcome back, St. Lucifer! I hope your prolonged self-exile has renewed your creative energies. I, for one, have really missed your input. 3Miro and Sedna17's coding prowess have done wonders in transforming our dream into reality. Several new faces have added invaluable input but I've felt a bit like an old codger keeping the flame alive on behalf of the "originals". Again, great to have you back on board, mate.:goodjob:

11. 3Miro

3Miro Deity

Glad to have you back.

Here are my not so good and bad news. Finally after 7 months of search, I have a job. The bad part is that I in the process of moving right now and I don't know when I will get time to work on RFC Europe again. If anyone is willing, they can get Alpha 7 out.

Hopefully by the time I can get back to work on the mod, sedna17 would also be back and we will make fast progress.

PS does anyone know of a decent (hopefully not to expensive), quiet (non-party), safe place within 30 - 50 minutes walk of Florida State University?

12. micbic

micbic Optimistic Pessimist

@st.Lucifer: Good to have you back :)
    @3Miro: Well, the mod can surely wait, since RL is far more important.

13. sedna17

sedna17 Emperor

I'm back too... mostly. I successfully defended my thesis and am starting a new job in a week or so. I'm not moving though, so I should be able to get back into modding fairly soon.

I have a lot of catching up to do before really diving in again -- reading posts and playing Alpha 6 to assess the state of the mod. I think I saw that micbic was going to work on putting out the next release, which is great. If I can contribute anything right away, please let me know.

P.S. Welcome back St. Lucifer, and congrats on the job 3Miro.

14. jessiecat

jessiecat Divine Monarch

Welcome back and congrats on your success and the new job too. Lots of balancing still to do, when you're ready of course.:goodjob:

15. micbic

Sorry, double post (see below) :)

16. micbic

Great to have you back sedna! Actually, what is done is not exactly a whole new alpha-just some tweaks at Burgundy and some minimal fuss. I think it is easier to post the modified files, all to be put at the assets/python folder, except the WB, in the public maps folder of the mod. Should I do it there or at the Files thread?