Badass Metal Great Musicians \m/

Mustakrakish

In 'Node' We Trust
So played my first game with BNW as Shoshone and of course wanted to try out new culture victory.

By the endgame there were 2 "superpowers" at the world stage that dominated over everybody else in one way or another. A cold war between "Freedom Shoshone" who's many museums of ancient world warfare and blue jeans astonished the world and "Order Netherlands" who's technologically advanced army had no equals.

I was dominant, not just influencial over the world. Except for them. These bastards hamstered many wonders and had good defensive culture. Different ideology, lack of shared religion and closed shut borders made it very hard to push the glory of ancient arrow heads and beads down their throats. I even made it extra hard for myself by proposing an embargo on them and closing off trade routes :wallbash: as I misinterpreted what it actually did. I thought no one would be allowed to trade with them so they could go down the drain with unhappiness and eventually tear that wall down and accept my museums through Freedom, but alas I negated the last trade routes bonus. Influence gain almost stopped to a standstill... Why don't you want to accept my museums?!

Usually in such a cornered situation I wouldn't think too long what to do. Just take them out and be done with it. But here it was not an option. Intercontinental assault would only make the world laugh. They had superior technology and numbers, I had Comanche Riders. They had navy of battleships, I had the knowledge of what ironclad looks like.

But I had Great Musicians that could generate about 5000 points from touring, which was just enough to go over the line for victory. The only problem was cold war. Borders shut. No touring, no ancient Carthagian masks, no nothing. So what do I do? I declare war and tour the crap out of them! Victory...

That was one badass band there to force feed them live shows like that. Must have been Dethklok!

Wait... you can do that?
I never would have thought you could DOW followed by concert tour. Seems abit counter-intuitive but grats & thanks for discovering this :)

I laughed out loud at my bible study while reading this.....I had to admit I was reading about civ and not reading along Ecclesiastes :p

I just tried to do exactly this in my current game. Except I one upped you, I set off a nuke and had the musicians touring amongst the battlefield(I had to fight to get in their borders)

I bet they played this song at that concert:
Moderator Action: Link deleted due to inappropriate language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Unfortunately in my situation it didn't guarantee me the win, in fact I was better off not going to war and using the musician normally. The band only gave me 2500 tourism and I was getting 500 a turn with them(shrunk to 250 after the DoW). So I reloaded and missed the best metal concert that never happened.

Wait... you can do that?
I never would have thought you could DOW followed by concert tour. Seems abit counter-intuitive but grats & thanks for discovering this :)
Well, think of it as war-time propaganda.

So basically he was Noriega, your musicians were Slayer, and he finally got tired of hearing them 24/7 and surrendered?

Guess that psychological warfare stuff really does work. Even on AIs.

In 1988 there actually was a "culture bombing" via music in Soviet Estonia. A group of Finnish pop and rock bands organized a festival in Tallinn. Held in August, it became a part of the Singing Revolution.

This is strange, to say the least...

In 1988 there actually was a "culture bombing" via music in Soviet Estonia. A group of Finnish pop and rock bands organized a festival in Tallinn. Held in August, it became a part of the Singing Revolution.

They weren't currently at war, were they ? The closest to realism would be a concert in an occupied territory, but who would watch it ?

No, there wasn't war back then. I guess in-game you can culture-bomb during war just for gameplay purposes.

I was kinda confused by AI. No one ever dared to attack me. They fought each other, alright, but all were complitely uninterested in fighting me. :confused:

I started next to Monty... aaaand nothing. I had to put him out of his misery eventually because I was tired of him stealing my tech. What's up with that? :crazyeye:

So basically he was Noriega, your musicians were Slayer, and he finally got tired of hearing them 24/7 and surrendered?

Guess that psychological warfare stuff really does work. Even on AIs.

Nonsense, it was a very specific Van Halen song that got him ;)

Top Bottom