[GS] Baffled...?

Skybird

Chieftain
What's this graphical corruption all about? Reload / restart sometimes it fixes itself. Remove some / all mods, still there. Load some / all mods sometimes there, sometimes not. When it's like this. the UI can't generate any leaders - clicking on a leader does nothing and when you first meet a leader, the game hangs. WTF.
Screenshot 2023-01-07 202435.png

What's this graphical corruption all about? Reload / restart sometimes it fixes itself. Remove some / all mods, still there. Load some / all mods sometimes there, sometimes not. When it's like this. the UI can't generate any leaders - clicking on a leader does nothing and when you first meet a leader, the game hangs. WTF.
View attachment 650022
There seems to be two ribbons at the same time. One which is the game's default and a second one.

So you disabled all mods, restarted Civ 6 and started a new game (just in case), and the issue persists?

never seen this before, but maybe try messing around with the "show yields in HUD ribbon" option in settings under "interface" if what AntSou recommended doesnt work
Thanks both -

a) Yes started a new game, restarted and reloaded and then restarted again just in case. Sometimes there, sometimes not If there game works until leader animation which causes hang. Have re-installed entire game tonight, same issue.

b) " but maybe try messing around with the "show yields in HUD ribbon" good idea but no change.

a) Yes started a new game, restarted and reloaded and then restarted again just in case. Sometimes there, sometimes not If there game works until leader animation which causes hang. Have re-installed entire game tonight, same issue.
Did you by chance have a saved configuration when starting a new game? Even if you disable a mod, it'll still load if you start a game with a saved configuration that has it.

Did you fully uninstall the game, delete remnant files/folders, and then reinstall?

Right, I have removed everything related to CIV VI completely (as far as I know) and reinstalled, but I'm now getting the same issue and menu graphical corruption as well (see below). Now I'm beginning to think this might be related to either Windows 11, or the latest Nvidia driver, rather than CIV VI itself. Has anyone else experienced this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-10 175820.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-10 175820.png
    127 KB · Views: 12
Right, I have removed everything related to CIV VI completely (as far as I know) and reinstalled
Did you uninstall via Steam Client and delete any leftover files/folders in "...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI" and "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI"?
I'm now getting the same issue and menu graphical corruption as well (see below). Now I'm beginning to think this might be related to either Windows 11, or the latest Nvidia driver, rather than CIV VI itself. Has anyone else experienced this?
I can't speak to Win11 since I still have 10, but as far as Nvidia you could have a corrupt or faulty driver. But, I would imagine you'd have issues in other apps if that were the case. In any event, you could try manually downloading the most recent display driver from Nvidia, fully uninstalling your current display driver using DDU, and then manually installing the new driver.

I run on Win11 with latest Nvidia Drivers. Do not have any of these anomalies.

Top Bottom