1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Bahasa Indonesia Mod

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Unreleased Mods' started by Lewi11, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Lewi11

Lewi11 Chieftain

I am thinking of making an Indonesian language mod for my wife and I and wanted to see if there was anyone else interested in it.

I would start with unit descriptions first and then expand from there. I doubt I could translate all text in the Game because my modding skills are limited. But my language skills are very good, so the Text that I do translate will be accurate.

2. RFormica

RFormica Grand Oligarch of the Hills

Well, I know where all of the text files are. I'm not sure how to configure it so that it can be released, but I know how you can use it.
    1. Install Notepad++. This is a program that is instrumental in making your new text.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Text.
    3. Create a new folder that is called in_BH.
    4. Still in the text folder, open the folder en_US. These are the files that you will need to translate
    5. Copy all of the text files in en_US.
    6. Paste them in in_BH.
    7. Right-click any of the files and select "Edit with Notepad++"
    8. Change the files in between <Text> and </Text> strings.
    9. Repeat #7 and #8 until all files are translated.
    10. Ready to use.

WARNING: Translating all of the text will take a VERY long time. This is not the directions for Unit Description, this is for all of the text in the entire game, which is a lot.
    Spoiler :
    upload_2017-7-19_10-8-10.png The highlighted text is the text that you need to translate. (Black text, in between <Text> and </Text>)