Balance Feedback

Terraforming civs are bu far the most fun civs to play with imho. Nothing beats covering half of the world in ice, swallowing the lands of your former enemies in a seemingly endless jungle or watching enemy armies struggle to advance through the burning desert which is home to your people.

If auto-terraforming gets changed/removed I'll think twice before deleting the setup file of the previous rife version.

I think I could live with it, if it's just spending some mana. :)

You guys have done a great job so far, so I think I'll just trust you for now. At least till 1.4 is out and I can try it out myself.

Autoterraforming will be changed, mostly in that it WILL require a small amount of mana each turn. It will be something you can toggle, with certain civs.

This is just an idea, but could the auto terraforming be toggled by city? I think having to choose between terraforming the tiles of your core economy cities, or trying to freeze away the desert of the now dead Malakin would be a cool mechanic.

I think I could live with it, if it's just spending some mana. :)

You guys have done a great job so far, so I think I'll just trust you for now. At least till 1.4 is out and I can try it out myself.

Right, just spending a (small, for those civs) amount of mana. ;)

This is just an idea, but could the auto terraforming be toggled by city? I think having to choose between terraforming the tiles of your core economy cities, or trying to freeze away the desert of the now dead Malakin would be a cool mechanic.

Well... That will pretty much be how it's done for everyone. We're doing away with unit-controlled terraforming, it's moving to city spells and rituals.

The terraforming civs just have immediate access to some very cheap rituals, and a reason to go for non-standard terrain.

I find that the Malakim suffer greatly from Wild Wyrms, and can really stunt your growth.

I can tone down their spawn rate a bit. Already lower than the standard animals.

That being said, is there anything else you give the Malakim when it comes to deserts? +1 food or production, or a building that would work for them, because my cities are spread out a lot (Having to stay near resources or rivers) and I can't seem to build oasis anywhere (this may be because there are so many around in the desert).

That being said, is there anything else you give the Malakim when it comes to deserts? +1 food or production, or a building that would work for them, because my cities are spread out a lot (Having to stay near resources or rivers) and I can't seem to build oasis anywhere (this may be because there are so many around in the desert).

Oases can be built by any arcane unit (kills the unit), one per city (believe it checks a... 4 or 5 tile range). You can build Bedouin Sits every other tile, so long as it's not on floodplains. Then you get all kinds of bonuses for trade.

The biggest problem I had with the Malakim was that Bradelines Well and Broken sepulchre auto transported their mana. Its a pita to have an adept on each auto casting spring each turn. Any chance we could get an "anti road" improvement, would be handy for other civs if they are next to a river too.

The biggest problem I had with the Malakim was that Bradelines Well and Broken sepulchre auto transported their mana. Its a pita to have an adept on each auto casting spring each turn. Any chance we could get an "anti road" improvement, would be handy for other civs if they are next to a river too.

Took me a second to get this, but basically you DON"T want to gain access to the resource? Hmm.... I'll have to think of a good way to handle that.

The AI either needs to avoid building forts right next to cities, or defend them better, as it is these forts act like freebies for me, since I can park my armies in them while I bombard the walls (and get a free fort commander to help once its time to take the city).

It takes *forever* to get priest autoleveled to the point they can be promoted to high priests, 146 turns got me a whole 10 XP (by which point the game was over). This gives me a huge advantage with civs that get easier access to the heal spell (grigori, mechanos).

It takes *forever* to get priest autoleveled to the point they can be promoted to high priests, 146 turns got me a whole 10 XP (by which point the game was over). This gives me a huge advantage with civs that get easier access to the heal spell (grigori, mechanos).

Priest are generally strong enough to train them in actual combat which is a lot faster then passive training.

Priest are generally strong enough to train them in actual combat which is a lot faster then passive training.

Plus if your neutral/good the Altar parts add 12xp per unit, 14 inc the final one if you have that victory condition off. Add to that the 2xp from Dies Diei & 2xp from Desert Shrine if your Malakim as well as 4 from civics and you can most of the there. :)
Don't forget the Spiritual trait gives a large boost to passive Xp too.

If you are having trouble levelling your Priests in combat then a highly promoted GG has 2 nice promos for them, Zealot 1 & 2 For a total of +75% strength.

mines shouldnt be able to find obsidian as obsidian is useless for almost ALL civilizations and they dont grant bonusyields at all

I think your workers get the obsidian tools promotion with it, which is better than stone tools.
But yeah, maybe obsidian needs a yield boost. Especially if Opera changes it to appear beside the volcano, not under it.

Took me a second to get this, but basically you DON"T want to gain access to the resource? Hmm.... I'll have to think of a good way to handle that.

It's actually much simpler than that. Simply trade an A.I. the mana you don't want, then they get the diplomacy hit instead!

Moin,

I already posted something similar in the bug-thread, now hear it here: in my current game with the bannor i'm sieged by 9 (!!!) big fat Kraken which are constantly destroying my sea-improvements and preventing any of my ships to sail away and this since round 1!!!

This is really unbalanced.

Greez,

Tschuggi

The AI either needs to avoid building forts right next to cities, or defend them better, as it is these forts act like freebies for me, since I can park my armies in them while I bombard the walls (and get a free fort commander to help once its time to take the city).

This. Whenever I begin assault on a civ, I scout for their forts first and park my army there if I can. Fort Commanders can't usually help take cities (unless you're the Jotnar and make a Stormkin Hurler) directly but a defensible plot of your own culture to heal and tank from is beyond invaluable.

If the AI could prioritize Forts like cities it would be nice, but then they'd need to tell the difference between "the fort directly beside the capital" and "the fort 80 spaces away from the capital the scout just claimed".

mines shouldnt be able to find obsidian as obsidian is useless for almost ALL civilizations and they dont grant bonusyields at all

On the subject of Obsidian, the event chance for volcanic eruptions really needs to be tied to the number of ash fields already within the civ's borders.

It's a little immersion-breaking watching every mountain within my cultural borders blow it's top one-by-one. I think I have 8 sources of obsidian in my current game, coming up on Marathon turn 600.

On that note, huge map + marathon speed + 15 civs has yielded zero repeatable CTDs so far. So I'll throw my two cents in now and say, remarkable job with the stability issues, folks.

Top Bottom