1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Balance Feedback

Discussion in 'Rise from Erebus Modmod' started by Valkrionn, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Breez

Breez King

Cromagum...

You might try out the mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=9458159#post9458159

Its biggest changes are

2. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

im very sure there is, or least was an option to deactivate archeron.

and i like to state again that id love to see a way to create kelp too :)
    not only for the bezeri :/
    maybe some kind of magic fol dolphin-creature. able to create them via spell.

3. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

In both FF and Ffh2 when using custom games the list of gameplay options to turn on and off was WAAAAAAY longer than it is here; so I don't know if that's because of something I'm doing wrong or if it's just not available in RifE.
    I've still only played a couple hundred turns as the Mechanos and haven't had time to really play around in this mod yet so maybe I'm just missing something really obvious.
    EDIT:
    Mostly I'm just really looking forward to 1.31
    I was going to wait until that came out but while I was reading about the new races and features I got too impatient and jumped right in.
    For the record when I first installed RifE and went to launch it I got an error about a directory not being able to be found or something and the mapscripts section was empty but after hitting ok and launching the game everything worked fine. Since then the mapscripts have shown up fine too.

4. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

im having a bare clue. something must be missing in your files. either im already suffering from not beeing able to play civ for about a month now, or somethings awkwardly going wrong with your mod. rife should have more options than ffh.

5. Tsathoggua

Tsathoggua Warlord

My only personal complaint about Acheron is that her difficulty is not commensurate with the reward (unless you capture her of course).

Gems, gold and free enchanted blade are nice, but it's hard to imagine a civ that does not already have access to these standing a chance of bringing her down.

6. azzedar

azzedar Warlord

i'd love to see it improved with a +x% total gold and/or +fire mana. or a unique promotion for units produced in that city and not barbarian. like:
    'Slayer of the big badass red dragon' +10% vs. dragon, immune to fear, +10% strength and +1xp from combat

7. Torugu

Torugu Prince

I agree, the bonuses from the dragon hord should be balanced to the strength of Achaeron.

Perhaps it could provide a good chunk of 1.4 mana? I imagine there are quite a few items of power in there.

8. jacktannery

jacktannery Prince

How are people improving their tiles with the changes to health and the new resource popping. Personally, I have not built a farm (except on a resource) since 1.3. I always have too much rather than too little food (the animal buildings are an essential additional source of food), and I find that building camps on every forested tile at construction (+2 commerce/camp) is very useful, as these find all pasture/camp improvements. The only situation I can imagine actually building a farm is for the Grigori.

If the rest of you are doing the same thing, then like me the agrarianism is doing absolutely nothing other than providing +1 health per city. Perhaps make this civic also grant +1food/-1production per camp aswell?

9. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

Actually, I wanted to mention that in my game it looks like agrarianism REDUCES the food produced by one. I don't know if it does in fact work that way but when I go to the civics screen the text has -1 Food next to it.
    EDIT: and I would like to mention that I already dislike the -1 production from camps as is, I would hate to lose another point to it.

10. Torugu

Torugu Prince

That's how it works and how it was intended.

11. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

@Torugu: if you mean that it is supposed to reduce food production then I can't actually complain (particularly now that I realise just how much I was overproducing food in my game) but I always thought it was aristocracy that reduced food and agrarian that increased food such that they became synergistic. Maybe I was just reading it wrong the entire time I played Ffh2.

12. Torugu

Torugu Prince

It was changed in 1.3. Apparently the synergy between those two civics was one of the reasons for the change.

13. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

gotcha

now what about my worker complaints? Does anyone else find them far too slow? Is there a way for me to mitigate this on my own? I appreciate the links to the add-on modules but I can be pretty inept at installing stuff unless there is a literal step-by-step process available for it. I tried to install the two worker mods featured on the main RifE download topic but they aren't working (at least as far as I can tell).

14. dunedainjedi

dunedainjedi Warlord

The slower growth and slower build times are intended. People have complained, but as far as I know those changes are here to stay. I'm guessing you grabbed the no linked builds module and the build xp module. Neither of those speed workers up.

15. Torugu

Torugu Prince

Workspeed has been toned down.

However currently there's a bug which stops the techs that reduces the buid times for improvements from working. Will be fixed in 1.31.

About the modules: Download the modules you won't (I recommend downloading NoLinkedBuilds and LessDangerousBarbarians as well, the first is a bugfix, the second will increase the survival odds of the AI significantly), unpack them and move the folders to the Rise from Erebus/Assets/Modules/NormalModules folder. Next time you start the Launcher you should see them in the Module Manager, open the Module Manager, right click NoLinkedBuilds and choose "Load in first pass", you can leave the other modules as load in any pass.

16. Cromagnum P.I.

Cromagnum P.I. Chieftain

Neither of those speed workers up.
    Didn't think so but I unzipped them to the mods folder as was described in the download forum topic and when I play games nobody gets the extra worker on start...though this:
    About the modules: Download the modules you won't (I recommend downloading NoLinkedBuilds and LessDangerousBarbarians as well, the first is a bugfix, the second will increase the survival odds of the AI significantly), unpack them and move the folders to the Rise from Erebus/Assets/Modules/NormalModules folder. Next time you start the Launcher you should see them in the Module Manager, open the Module Manager, right click NoLinkedBuilds and choose "Load in first pass", you can leave the other modules as load in any pass.
    sounds like it explains why. I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight, thanks dude.

17. EugeneStyles

EugeneStyles Prince

I'm somewhat amazed at this, considering that the changes to health mean that you will have *less* food than before... I tend to have excess unhealth and thus a need to offset the food lost to sickness...

18. Opera

Opera Deity

Worker speed will be improved upon a bit thanks to some change to civics. Despotism will grant you higher worker speed, speeding them enough to get your workers at high speed promotions and to get some speed improving techs.

19. Sjru

Sjru Dragon

Because, IMO, the real reward of Acheron's is Acheron itself.
    Are you really sending an army to kill him just for the hoard? Isn't just better to get animal mastery and some beastmasters with Subdue beast and then try to kill him? That's the real reward...

OK, and here is a balance suggestion, really listen to this one:

Back later I said that Ice golem permanently converted land to ice.
    However, let's just think for a minute: Are really a simple ice golem (the cheapest one, that can be casted by a mage rather than an archmage) capable to turn 5 ring surrounding tiles to ice?
    Come on! If they're going to terraform land, the best they can do is transform its own tile to ice for 20 turns even!.
    What we got is a insane fast way of Illians and Frozen to terraform land!. Worse, ice golem terraform a very large ring, not just its own tile, (where It could make sense), and permanently.
    If ice elemental golems ARE capable of mega terraforming land to ice, then, Aurealis should terraform to desert?, Earth golem to hills? Water golems... to ocean?. Come on!, It doesn't make sense!, please, remove, or nerf the Ice golems terraform ability.
    Thanks!:goodjob:

20. Valkrionn

Valkrionn The Hamster King

I have already commented on Ice Golems and stated that they will not permanently terraform after 1.31.