Balancing issues?

patrickkrebs

Warlord
Anyone else experiencing balancing problems?

Seriously flying a fighter wing into a legion army should only have one result.
Legion army dies... several times I've lost the fight and it frustrating the hell out of me.

It's lame - some of these obviously "unfair" fights should be using "overrun" function as well by default.... Pisses me off as well....

What always gets my goat, in Civ iv my Uber Combat Woodsman Warrior is Eat'n by a bear while fortified on a Forested Hill. :mad:

Firaxis can we get a little more use out of the != function in future patches?

You guys make a great game! I'm always a stanch suppoter, but jebus, seriously...

An archer army taking out a bomber wing is just wrong.

I love it when my tanks lose to pikemen. AWESOME and very enjoyable. Or when my spy rings lose to a single spy. Love that.

It makes me mad also, but at the same time I've come out on the right side of those (beating the AI even though they overmatched me by 8-10 attack).

Besides, did you all forget what the Ewoks did at the Battle of Endor!?!

Realism is not what Civ is all about. ;)

I have won more often when the AI is a few points ahead of me then winning when I am a few points ahead of the AI in combat.

It's a shame there can't be some sort of balancing feature for technology. But with the various bonuses one can get, an archer army can be competitive with significantly advanced technology... but let's be honest, I don't care how inspired, fortified and capital city defending an archer can be, a P-51 mustang is gonna have a field day :).

At least it's not like Civ 2 (I think it was Civ 2, it was a long time ago!), where workers could fend off enemies.

THe problem is the role of Fighters... seriously they should simply not let you attack ground units with Fighters because Fighters are not Supposed to attack Ground units. Never hea complaints about a Bomber wing v. a Archer Army... because even an Engineer Wall Veteran Palace Fortified Archer Army would be only str 30... the Bomber wing, str 54

I think in a game where there's no way to upgrade a unit other than via a wonder it's a good idea to not make older units automatically useless against more modern ones.

I think if your army is 2 techs higher than the other army your going against (warriors vs knights), it should be an automatic win, plain and simple

also, check out my reviews of some of the civs, i hope you post what you think each civ should be rated,(out of 10), and post how good or bad my reviews were

I think if your army is 2 techs higher than the other army your going against (warriors vs knights), its an automatic win, plain and simple

also, check out my reviews of some of the civs, i hope you post what you think each civ should be rated,(out of 10), and post how good or bad my reviews were

This is just a bold faced lie.

If your attack power is at least double to the defender it should be an auto overrun. If your defense power is double to the attackers attack power then it should be something like "no contest" and you win. I am tired of having triple attack power and still losing.

in the game guide, it says '' a galleon isn't going to destroy a cruiser!'', well it did to me, jerks

Aaah, a good old thread complaining about the random number generator. Every new civ game sees them pop up like shrooms after a rainfall :)

If your army is not 7 times stronger (overrun) than your opponent's, then there is a chance that you will lose, period. The chance gets higher as your str gets closer to that of your enemy.
So every time you fight, and it's not an overrun situation, you are taking a risk. And over a couple hundred fights, you will lose.
It is annoying, but if you lose your game because you lost such a fight, your strategy sucks.

Top Bottom