1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Balthasar has died

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Vuldacon, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Dedicated to Excellence Supporter

Very Sorry to tell you all that Balthasar has died last Sunday January 12, 2020.

I have been friends with Balthasar for many years and know he would want everyone here to know he Enjoyed and Loved working with you all and this Site over many years.

The details are really not known but he had a Tumor and complications.

He will be missed Greatly!

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

My breath was stopping and now I´m feeling really sad.

Rest in peace Balthasar and thank you very much for all you have done for Civ 3.

3. AnthonyBoscia

AnthonyBoscia Emperor

This is sad news indeed. Balthasar has always been such a generous and friendly guy, eager to help, and especially welcoming to new civvers. He never had an unkind word to say about anyone and was a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed and certainly not forgotten. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, Vuldacon.

4. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Deity

Heart wrenching news! I feel awful after hearing the news.

We have lost a few civers over the years and it is always terrible. Finding ways to remember people can be difficult I am hoping that someone has Balthaser's Wild West project so that it can be finished in his memory. I cannot think of a better way to remember a person who has contributed so much to this great community.

With a sad heart,
    -Delta

5. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Cancer Sucks.

6. Puppeteer

Puppeteer Emperor

My condolences to his friends and family.

He has been a contributor to the site and community for a long time and will be missed.

7. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

I mourn. :sad:

8. Wotan49

Wotan49 amateur handicraftsman Supporter

Baltasar died, this is sad news!

Heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

Wotan49 (Werner)

9. Node60

Node60 Warlord

Very sad news...

10. wolf_66

wolf_66 Lone Civer

So terribly sad.., nothing else to say
    May you rest in peace

11. Kyriakos

Kyriakos Alien spiral maker

This is terrible.

RIP. He was certainly a very productive and involved member of our little community.

Pls stop dying, people :(

12. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

I feel deflated. I had the privilege of working with Balthasar on the steampunk project. Indeed, it is thanks to him that my ability to work with pcx reached a new level. I also had the great pleasure of participating in an extend conversation (podcast) on modding with him. He is one of those who projects often were delayed because he was busy helping others.

There are others of us old-timers I thought would be gone before him. I will miss him. A lot.

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

He was very helpful providing information, I remember. It is really sad I can only hope he is at peace and his loved ones will get threw this.

Kyriakos likes this.
  14. Vuldacon

I have spoken directly to people in his family. They are continuing on and doing the best they can.
    Parker = Balthasar did not know he had a Tumor on his spine. All happened rather abruptly. without going through the details, Parker had complications with breathing due to Fluid in his lungs and not much could be done to help him. His surgery went well on Saturday but the complications took a toll and he died Sunday.

I worked with Parker for the past 7 years and he had Grand wishes to make the Old West Game an Epic Large Game. Itried to convince him to lower his desire to make such an Extreme game but he would Not budge from what he wanted.
    We had "loggerheads" = disagreements over several game issues and he sort of neglected the game for the past few years.

I have the Old West Game basically as he last made adjustments and I will be obtaining the last files in the near future.

I will Upload his Game and I am sure anyone interested can take it from where it was left off.

I had the Interface and Other Graphics finished 7 years ago. I worked with Parker as I believed that an Old West MOD would be appreciated World Wide... I mean Everyone LOVES a Western.

This may take some time but it is worth Uploading what he and I did.
    I do and will Miss him more than I can say.

Wolfshade and Kyriakos like this.
  15. Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey Archon Without Portfolio

There was a thing on the BBC last year about a man who thought his son was isolated because of a congenital illness until - after he died - he discovered that his son had long-term friends online. So many that his son's social circle was wider and richer than his own.

I have a feeling that Parker's family might eventually want to read this thread.

16. Fortis1

Fortis1 Warlord

I am extremely sorry to hear.

I don't post much but I have been around the forums since 2010, so every active member in Civ3 community was special for me. I was always enjoying his posts and his creations.

May he rest in peace.

Kyriakos likes this.
  17. Ozymandias

Ozymandias I saw the Great Library burn.

My friend, you are, as ever, thoughtful and kind. I was in contact with him on a couple of projects, most notably on the now long-ago Decades awards. In my experience, our little C&C forum is the only genuine online community I've seen, and that we all so remember him and share our grief here - I'm sure you see in my sig the "In memoriam" as another example - is, at once, heart breaking and heart warming

18. Patine

Patine Deity

Ah, it is true. I saw @AnthonyBoscia's post on his profile page. I've looked over his work on the new resource pages, and it looks very innovative, original, and intriguing in nature. I've been out of the loop of Civ3 for years, and I'm not sure my CD-ROM version will work on Windows 10 without "jiggering," and tech tricks, like Civ2 needs. It's very unfortunate to see such an obvious pioneer pass away. If I get my Civ3 up and running, I'll have to look at his legacy thoroughly. RIP

19. Stew Pid

Stew Pid Chieftain

RIP Parker

Lost but never forgotten.

20. Vuldacon

Parker had spoken to me about doing another Decades Awards that will be coming up next year.
    He enjoyed Graphics work and wanted to help keep Our Forum and the Members together.
    I am sure he would tell you all how much he loved you all and his participation in the many areas he was involved in here at CivFanatics over the years.

The Unexpected and Abrupt end of Parker's Life has left us with poignant reflections and memories of what we have lost... a highly valued Member and Friend.

tjs282 and WildWeazel like this.