Balthasar has died

Vuldacon

Dedicated to Excellence
Supporter
Very Sorry to tell you all that Balthasar has died last Sunday January 12, 2020.

I have been friends with Balthasar for many years and know he would want everyone here to know he Enjoyed and Loved working with you all and this Site over many years.

The details are really not known but he had a Tumor and complications.

He will be missed Greatly!

My breath was stopping and now I´m feeling really sad.

Rest in peace Balthasar and thank you very much for all you have done for Civ 3.

This is sad news indeed. Balthasar has always been such a generous and friendly guy, eager to help, and especially welcoming to new civvers. He never had an unkind word to say about anyone and was a true gentleman. He will be sorely missed and certainly not forgotten. Thanks for taking the time to let us know, Vuldacon.

Heart wrenching news! I feel awful after hearing the news.

We have lost a few civers over the years and it is always terrible. Finding ways to remember people can be difficult I am hoping that someone has Balthaser's Wild West project so that it can be finished in his memory. I cannot think of a better way to remember a person who has contributed so much to this great community.

With a sad heart,
-Delta

Baltasar died, this is sad news!

Heartfelt condolences to family and friends.

Wotan49 (Werner)

I feel deflated. I had the privilege of working with Balthasar on the steampunk project. Indeed, it is thanks to him that my ability to work with pcx reached a new level. I also had the great pleasure of participating in an extend conversation (podcast) on modding with him. He is one of those who projects often were delayed because he was busy helping others.

There are others of us old-timers I thought would be gone before him. I will miss him. A lot.

I have spoken directly to people in his family. They are continuing on and doing the best they can.
Parker = Balthasar did not know he had a Tumor on his spine. All happened rather abruptly. without going through the details, Parker had complications with breathing due to Fluid in his lungs and not much could be done to help him. His surgery went well on Saturday but the complications took a toll and he died Sunday.

I worked with Parker for the past 7 years and he had Grand wishes to make the Old West Game an Epic Large Game. Itried to convince him to lower his desire to make such an Extreme game but he would Not budge from what he wanted.
We had "loggerheads" = disagreements over several game issues and he sort of neglected the game for the past few years.

I have the Old West Game basically as he last made adjustments and I will be obtaining the last files in the near future.

I will Upload his Game and I am sure anyone interested can take it from where it was left off.

I had the Interface and Other Graphics finished 7 years ago. I worked with Parker as I believed that an Old West MOD would be appreciated World Wide... I mean Everyone LOVES a Western.

This may take some time but it is worth Uploading what he and I did.
I do and will Miss him more than I can say.

I have spoken directly to people in his family. ....
There was a thing on the BBC last year about a man who thought his son was isolated because of a congenital illness until - after he died - he discovered that his son had long-term friends online. So many that his son's social circle was wider and richer than his own.

I have a feeling that Parker's family might eventually want to read this thread.

I have spoken directly to people in his family. They are continuing on and doing the best they can.
Parker = Balthasar did not know he had a Tumor on his spine. All happened rather abruptly. without going through the details, Parker had complications with breathing due to Fluid in his lungs and not much could be done to help him. His surgery went well on Saturday but the complications took a toll and he died Sunday.

I worked with Parker for the past 7 years and he had Grand wishes to make the Old West Game an Epic Large Game. Itried to convince him to lower his desire to make such an Extreme game but he would Not budge from what he wanted.
We had "loggerheads" = disagreements over several game issues and he sort of neglected the game for the past few years.

I have the Old West Game basically as he last made adjustments and I will be obtaining the last files in the near future.

I will Upload his Game and I am sure anyone interested can take it from where it was left off.

I had the Interface and Other Graphics finished 7 years ago. I worked with Parker as I believed that an Old West MOD would be appreciated World Wide... I mean Everyone LOVES a Western.

This may take some time but it is worth Uploading what he and I did.
I do and will Miss him more than I can say.
My friend, you are, as ever, thoughtful and kind. I was in contact with him on a couple of projects, most notably on the now long-ago Decades awards. In my experience, our little C&C forum is the only genuine online community I've seen, and that we all so remember him and share our grief here - I'm sure you see in my sig the "In memoriam" as another example - is, at once, heart breaking and heart warming

My friend, you are, as ever, thoughtful and kind. I was in contact with him on a couple of projects, most notably on the now long-ago Decades awards. In my experience, our little C&C forum is the only genuine online community I've seen, and that we all so remember him and share our grief here - I'm sure you see in my sig the "In memoriam" as another example - is, at once, heart breaking and heart warming

Ah, it is true. I saw @AnthonyBoscia's post on his profile page. I've looked over his work on the new resource pages, and it looks very innovative, original, and intriguing in nature. I've been out of the loop of Civ3 for years, and I'm not sure my CD-ROM version will work on Windows 10 without "jiggering," and tech tricks, like Civ2 needs. It's very unfortunate to see such an obvious pioneer pass away. If I get my Civ3 up and running, I'll have to look at his legacy thoroughly. RIP

Parker had spoken to me about doing another Decades Awards that will be coming up next year.
He enjoyed Graphics work and wanted to help keep Our Forum and the Members together.
I am sure he would tell you all how much he loved you all and his participation in the many areas he was involved in here at CivFanatics over the years.

The Unexpected and Abrupt end of Parker's Life has left us with poignant reflections and memories of what we have lost... a highly valued Member and Friend.

Top Bottom