1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

Banana

Discussion in 'Civ4Col - General Discussions' started by ezwip, Jan 12, 2009.

1. ezwip

ezwip Prince

I saw it. I desired it. I captured it. I have no idea what to do with it. :crazyeye:

2. Smak

Smak Chieftain

Farm it, dont cut down the forest or you lose the banana food bonus. A banana on grassland with a river next to it is one of the most productive food generating tiles when you put an expert farmer on it. Something like 14 food a turn gained from one worker.

3. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

a banana with jungle and expert farmer is 10 food. Hence it will be 11 next to a river. Still, way more than its farmed correspondant terrain (farmed plains = 7 food).

4. Smak

Smak Chieftain

You forget that expert farmers generate 2x as much food, err dont they? I know i have had 14 food a turn from a farmed banana but it could be that my huge bell production was increasing my overall production through rebel sentiment. O well banana is food you eat it gg.

5. ezwip

ezwip Prince

Thanks a lot guys. I was sick last night when I posted this and thought maybe it served no purpose at all. Now I'm glad I took that tree from the savages. :king: