1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Bandits and warlords

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by omgitsnuc, Jan 15, 2012.

1. omgitsnuc

omgitsnuc Chieftain

Anyone else have a unreasonable amount of trouble with them? I'm getting absolutely trashed by my "friends" by these things. Ican't ever ever attack them and win even with the best units around. It's constantly like 99.9% to nothing or 90-10 me losing. It's really getting absurd I can't even do anything.

Anyway to make these things less OP or turn them off?

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Both have been around for sometime and both have been "tweaked". It's all about learning what you need to counter them. Build some of your own perhaps? ;)

JosEPh :)

3. Rasma

Rasma Chieftain

How many units are you fighting them with?

4. Sgtslick

Sgtslick Chieftain

I found just having explorers fortified on in your friends territory ontop of hills with forest, with hill and forest upgrades of course and those explorers will take down unit after unit after unit. Its funny how many units the AI will suicide on these guys.

Also i found having some dogs on sentry with hero units if you got them and u'll just own any incoming ones that don't suicide on your explorers.

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Now thats good info there, thx for writing that.:)

But in C2C you will always find a way to get around these/those obstacles in one way or another, thats why C2C, EACH game is unique.:)

6. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

If you play with great commanders a great tip is to station a few of these units (stacked so that they are quite hard to chew through in one turn) with a great commander and a regular unit on a forested hill on your borders. The neighbouring AI will attack frequently (and if your stack is large rarely kill anything, though that isn't crucial to the tactic), thus giving promotions to your great commander.

7. DRJ

DRJ Hedonist

I suggest xou to build forts along the border (beeline for math). they have a zone of control, preventing units to pass by. in the forts you should put 1 or 2 spear/pike for bandit rider (if fort is on forest or hill promote for that if not go for anti-horse promotion - available with combat 2 promotion) and 1 axe/mace against the bandit footpath in it. all 2 forts a dog unit, too. 2-3 tiles behind the forts build other forts for field commander and cav to gelp where enemy might have a larger attack - by the way thats how the romans fought invading barbarians successfully for centuries ;-) after all its about tactics. and yes, try to have a field commander on every front - although i often use my 2cnd general to settle in main military production city...