1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Banning Great People Points in the World Congress

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Guandao, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Out of all of the WC resolutions, I hate this one the most. In two games, the AI decides to ban Great Prophet points before the last religion is founded. Then they ban Great Admiral points. In another game, they banned Great Writer points. :wallbash: I talked to other players and they don't always get this resolution. How come I always seem to get it in my games? Can I later reverse the ban on Great people points?

2. criZp

criZp Emperor

you know it only last until the next UN session yeah? so no need to try to reverse it, happens by itself.

3. jddods

jddods Prince

Play Kupe and ban Great Writer points

4. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

It's pretty brutal; I would have preferred a penalty but at this rate you might as well just kill everyone.

5. OmegaDestroyer

OmegaDestroyer King

Writers were banned my first Eleanor game. It was an unexpected and annoying setback.

I was impressed the AI shut me down.

Socrates99 and acluewithout like this.
  6. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

In this case, as well as with banning a luxury or increasing production costs for gold/faith/production, the AI seems to just choose something it doesn't have a lot of (or any at all).

For example, in my Pangaea game, most of the AI's choose to ban Great Admiral points because none of them have any. In the case of banning Prophets or Writers, the AI's probably just choose what they don't have.

Similarly, when it comes to faster production in a given district, the AI's almost overwhelmingly choose City Center every single time. Because it makes sense that all of the AI's will have lots of city centers.

Note that the Great Person banning simply bans the accrual of points. You can still acquire Great People of the banned type by other means, such as by rush buying with gold or faith.

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  7. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I don't know why but when that kind of vote comes up, probably 80% of the time almost all the AI votes to ban writers. I wonder why that one specifically

8. Halcyan2

Halcyan2 Emperor

Take a look and see how many of those civs have theater squares.

In my Pangaea game, very few civs have access to a coastline, let alone a harbor. So it made sense why they would ban Great Admiral points.

When it comes to World Religion, civs that founded a religion vote for their own. Other civs seem to randomly vote for a religion (probably that is in their empire).

When it comes to Culture Bombing, every civ votes for themselves. So if you do so too, you win (because the tie-breaker goes in favor of the human player - not sure what it's like in Multiplayer).

When it comes to additional bonuses to trade routes with a City State, there's more of a scattered vote but Industrial usually wins in my game.

When it comes to unit production, almost everyone votes to increase production costs for Faith purchases of units. (Presumably because most of them are not able to do so).

Trav'ling Canuck likes this.
  9. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

Never had prophets banned, I don't think I ever got a world council before all the prophets were gone. The one I dislike the most is the luxury thing, but that's mainly because they aren't listed in alphabetic order...

10. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

I always invest at least 4-5 points in option A. If that won't work I do the samecity with option B but against a GP type I don't care about (like musicians) or against a type my opponents are more likely to get (like scientists when playing against Korea, Sweden or Scotland).

11. Jewman

Jewman Prince

One way to avoid this is to vote for the B option of banning great person points but only on a great person you don't care about. Just to avoid getting voted out of the ones you do care about.

12. Fenrisulfr

Fenrisulfr Chieftain

I can't wait for the World Congress to be modded in to irrelevance.

13. jddods

jddods Prince

Just tried doing this but got down voted by almost everyone wanting prophets banned. Still it was worth it just for the fun value.

14. Jarms48

Jarms48 Prince

To circumvent this you can always try trading their diplomatic favours before the congress. That means you have more points to oppose and they have less to inact.

acluewithout likes this.
  15. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

They banned great generals to stop me. And it has lasted more than 1 session.

16. Yzman

Yzman Deity

Are you sure? Because everything only lasts 1 session.

17. Pietato

Pietato Emperor

It started up again. I might have confused it with the Nobel Prize and Emergency session we had.

18. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

Ok, that's good to know. I'm still in the earlier eras in my games.

19. Mojo85

Mojo85 Warlord

Always had great prophets banned even in the industrial or later age. If someone hasn’t gotten a religion by then or is Kongo then I’m just going to assume they aren’t getting one.

For the increase production by 100% to this districts buildings it’s always been city center. Never upsetting though because it gives me a chance to catch up on building those

20. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Actually in my current Kupe game, someone else banned Great Writers. :goodjob:

jddods likes this.