1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Banning sea colonies?

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by jez9999, Apr 28, 2021.

1. jez9999

jez9999 Chieftain

Sea colonies bug me. They're not limited by the same territorial borders in the way that land colonies are and they tend to just spring up all over the map as a result. Is there a setting, or a settings file, I can change to ban them? Or at least stop the AI from ever building them?

2. Volcanon

Volcanon Prince

Not really, no. You could probably mod the game to not have sea colonies by banning the units themselves (no colony foil / colony destroyer).

3. jez9999

jez9999 Chieftain

How would you do that?

4. eddieballgame

eddieballgame Chieftain

One easy way to simulate 'banning' Sea Colony Pods is via raising the mineral cost.
    Problem is, that would entail increasing other amphibious units as well as land based colony pods.
    Personally, I like increasing the Colony Pod's costs anyways to impact city spamming.
    All this can be done in the 'alpha' or 'alphax' text file in the main directory.

#WEAPONS
    Colony Module, Colony Pod, 0, 8,10, -1, None,

Where 10 is the cost to build.
    Another solution is to play with more land.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2021