1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarian AI Chronically Mismanages Cities

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by spaceman98, Sep 3, 2015.

1. spaceman98

spaceman98 Plotting something

I've played two games of FFH, and am loving this mod so far. However, I've noticed a troubling glitch: Many Barbarian cities never grow above 1 pop. They spawn in fertile locations, far from any civilized players or AIs, yet they just stay at 1 population forever, never growing. They don't seem to be working any tiles around them. Indeed, I've never seen Barbs build workers in this mod. What's going on here? How can it be fixed? Its disruptive, because normally I'd wait for the barb city to grow, then conquer it and get a free city, but now, I have to conquer and raze it instead to make way for my own settlers (which raises the armageddon counter because of the razed city)...

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko WM junkie

try playing more naval ai or extramodmod instead of the base mod

3. spaceman98

Do they fix this issue? i.e. do you no longer see Barb cities forever stuck at 1 population and not working tiles?

4. spaceman98

If so, then I will try it out!

5. Derf

Derf Modular Mushroom

This doesn't happen in Rise from Erebus - or at least in Rebirth and Legend, which I maintain. I believe I recall Ashes of Erebus doesn't have this issue either. Both of those are continuations of Rise from Erebus which can be found in it's subforum.