Barbarian Black Hole!

BARBEERIAN

Prince
Had a weird thing happen today. A barb camp spawned just on the edge of my borders (don't know how, since the tile was visible at that point). A few turns later culture happened to expand over the camp and the area turned into some kind of black hole. Units inside worked fine but couldn't be seen (or bombarded).

EDIT: Added savegame

Attachments

• BarbarianBlackHole.jpg
    BarbarianBlackHole.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 1,696
  • US - King.Civ5Save
    848.3 KB · Views: 315
Go watch the new Star Trek movie. Black holes are the ultimate weapon.

Can you attach the save (or saves) and get a moderator to move this to the bug forum?

Its the place where hardcore liberals have been throwing our tax dollars.

*facepalm*

anyway, I've noticed the problem too - hardly a priority at this point but nevertheless annoying. I could also swear I've seen barbs appear in the middle of visible territory a few times too.

also, how did you get the clock and the player scores shown in the screenshot?

Barbarians have discovered the cloaking tech , but their cloaking device only activated in the last second :p

Seriously, other graphical glitch to join to the list , along with the invisible units and whatso ;)

I had a barb try to cross a one-hex lake, and for some reason it got stuck there in it's landing craft. I also couldn't shoot at it from adjacent hexes, so it just stayed there until the end of the game.

175 happiness and +352 gpt! Yikes. What's left to play for?

Nothing lol, was at the point of slamming End turn waiting for my damn cultural vic to finish (which btw takes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long in Civ V IMHO).

*facepalm*

anyway, I've noticed the problem too - hardly a priority at this point but nevertheless annoying. I could also swear I've seen barbs appear in the middle of visible territory a few times too.

also, how did you get the clock and the player scores shown in the screenshot?

Player scores is a new checkbox they added in the options menu last patch. Clock is a mod (look under UI mods in the mod browser, and search for 'good clock' or something like that. There's a bunch of clock mods but it was the best I tried).

It's not the barbarian camp, I've observed these freaking BLACK HOLES multiple times!!!
They can be land or sea or whatever.
Sometimes if you're in war and there's a unit inside them, it will just attack it (without animation), and you will see only -4 or whatever hitpoints loss.

I'll post a save when I get home tonight, with ocean black holes....you'll love it :D

Here it is.
A huge black hole area in the gulf between the two smaller continents, and some small ones around the coast. I have a sub, a missile cruiser and some destroyers that can all navigate the black holes.
(btw, the sub can also navigate the Great Barrier Reef :crazyeye:)

Seems like a vision calculation bug.

Attachments

• black_holes.Civ5Save
    1.1 MB · Views: 346
  • civ5screen0007.jpg
    civ5screen0007.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 561
Bug confirmed with mihaifx's save file. I also saw this bug in another game I was testing. See attached. Move the English Destroyer from the East side of Philadelphia to the West side and it disappears.

Moderator Action: Moved to the Confirmed Bugs forum.

Attachments

• Submarine_0330 AD-2050.Civ5Save
    422.2 KB · Views: 246
I used to be plagued by this bug, but I cannot reproduce it in v. 1.0.1.217. Looks fixed to me.

I used to be plagued by this bug, but I cannot reproduce it in v. 1.0.1.217. Looks fixed to me.

No it's not fixed. This saved game has black holes all over the place particularly on the northwest coast of Asia where I am invading at the moment. This bug affects game play greatly and should be a game play bug not a graphical one. (IE. Any units or cities in a black hole can't be targeted or attacked nor can they be directly selected.)

I started this game brand new using the current version 1.0.1.221.

Attachments

• QuickSave.Civ5Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 292
Top Bottom