1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarian chariot... wait, what?

Discussion in 'Civ1 - General Discussions' started by OrangeJuice, Jul 25, 2014.

1. OrangeJuice

OrangeJuice Chieftain

I was hanging around in DOS Civ, when suddenly i noticed a barbarian chariot. As far as i know, barbarians can only have cavalry, legion, diplomate, sail, fregate, knight, musketeer and cannon. Strangely, they managed to destroy a Greek city and capture two Zulus couple of turns later. So, is that barbarian chariot a bug or what?

2. Renergy

Renergy Warlord

Wow! Never seen barbarian chariot. Guess you don't have a savegame, though even if you do it probably wouldn't elucidate what happened. Anyway, nice catch! :thumbsup:

3. kirkham7

kirkham7 Warlord

Actually, I have seen it before. Not for a very long time, but yeah I've seen it before.

4. Mize

Mize Prince

My educated guess, most probably the AI was already building chariots in one of the cities the barbarians captured. Just like you can build, let's say armor without having automobile tech. if you capture an AI city that has been building armor. So, theoretically, you might give the barbarians even nuclear capability if you let them take a city that is building a nuke. Wonder if they'll use it...

5. GoldBerg

GoldBerg CivDosPlayer of '91

Yes, that's how it works.

If the Barbarian captured city is in the nuclear unit's range ...of another civilization's city, that city (or one of those in the range, if there are more of them) will face a hit by that nuclear unit (or many hits, if the captured city holds more than one nuclear unit.

i am sure about this, because the Barbarian (AI) usually uses every capable unit to attack cities or units within it's range.