Barbarian has created Losha valas

scoutzxb

Chieftain
I was playing Calabim and created Losha. Several turns later I found my Losha became a barbarian:cry: . The reason seemed to be her "crazed" promotion but I don't know how she got that promotion.
I built Losha in a city with an asylum and I had one chaos mana. which one was the reason? Or there's another reason?

that's right, it is the asylum

civwiki said:
Other 25% of units built in this city will start with the Crazed and Enraged negative promotions.

link

Its unfortunate to lose a hero like that. Im goign to lower the crazed chance from 25 to 10% and keep it from effecting heros.

I think the bigger problem is that the Enraged promotion never expires like it used to (and I believe is still supposed to, but doesn't). I'd rather you keep the chance of crazed giving the enraged promotion fairly high but return a fairly high chance of enraged wearing off as well.

Making Heroes immune to turning barb from enraged is a good idea. It should probably be world units rather than those with the hero promotion (which could include those who got it from quests) who are immune to this (if not both). (Personally though, I think the non-hero heroes could use a hero promotion.) I know it really irritated me when my enraged Govannon turned barbarian after only having a chance to train units for 3 turns. I waited until I had inquisitors to attack him, in hopes of training a few more units, but still I failed to recapture him. I imagine it would be even worse if Eurabatres or Abashi turned barbarian.

Maybe have the hero trait also have the side effects of loyalty?

Hmm, maybe, but that might ruin the fun of capturing your opponents' heroes. I personally try to only attack Losha Valas with Inquisitors. Its also pretty fun to see AI civ take over rival heroes. I remember that a few versions back I was amazed when, in 3 game in a row, the Malakim captured Losha and used her to irradicate out her fellow Calabim (and a large percent of the citizens of all major Malakim cities as well.)

true be that

I discovered late in my game that hyborem had loyalty ... and couldn't be captured by inquisitors... that was a huge downfall... I declared war on them just to capture him..

I'm currently really thinking on loading and use dispel on him before attacking with my 240gold worth inquisitor...

(Oh I've got a thing I do not understand :
Hyborem and Acheron seems both to have gained the immortal promotion while waiting on their cities ... do you have an idea how hat could be ?)

Hyborem and Basium are leaders of their civs so they start with immortal to reduce risks of losing them and traits. When you kill them for first time they don't really die but get wounded and escape to Dis or Whatever-is-the-name-of-the-city-with-mercurian-gate. Second death is final.
(a civilopedia-like writing could be good here but didn't have ideas now)

IIRC, hyborem didn't have this promo the first time I've seen him.. maybe due to the fact Dis was not yet founded..
EDIT : I didn't see it in the wiki.. due to blindness : not reading the short text, only the characteristics on the right...
I've modified the wiki for that.

For Archeron, I will send a scout to see if I did not made a mistake.. more news this evening.

Acheron is a completely mortal. He's not any civ's leader nor offensive hero so it would be far too much if he also had immortal along with his insane strength

Is it possible to take over religious heroes if you are not of the same state religion ??

I mean, hemah will leave you if you are not OO.
If you are.... Grigori, or RoK, or any other people and attack Hemah with an inquisitor... will you capture Hemah ???

And if you capture him, will he stay with you after 1turn... ?

Dunno, but might it be in future that they would go to a player who owns the holycity and has that religion, or has that religion if choice 1 isn't available? If choice 2 isn't then barb until someone takes that religion.
So you couldn't cheat by switching religions, building their hero before someone else, and destroying it by switching back. (a real choice for advanced spiritual leaders, to get rid of dome nasty hero)

:cry:
too bad

Actually, in BtS Basium's/Hybiorem's death do not seem to cost their civ their traits.

you know what ??
abashi didn't have immortal...
loyalty isn't removed while using dispel .... :cry:

so I crushed the evil hyborem and went to play with abashi and his hoard...

Yea, that's the case. It isn't given by a spell but Hybo starts with it so it can't be removed
BTW does Acheron have loyalty? Just thought about an interesting CotD unique victory: control the dragons (all 3, or 2 if either Kurio or Shea isn't in play, except that then it's too easy), build the wyrmhold, get dragons there and complete a 1000h ritual Dragon God or something like that. Or then a quest

Top Bottom