Barbarian ranged units are lame

Discussion in 'Fall Further' started by Kruniac, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Kruniac

Kruniac Chieftain

Because bombarding isn't a "turn ending action", I have 390482304 goblin archers shooting my cities AND healing every turn. They have massive defense bonuses on hills/forests, and generally are overpowered.

Fix it. When a ranger unit uses their bombard action, it should prevent them from healing, just like a melee unit.

In the meantime, I'm setting all barbarian ranged units to 0.1 strength. Emergency fix.

Absolutely ridiculous when 5 goblin archers mass and tear a city to pieces. They won't even raze or move - just stand there and bombard with nothing to show for it. I'm not having it.

2. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

So you know, this mod hasn't been updated for about... 5 years? You may want to consider one of the other modmods.

3. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

Is any of them still being worked on? I thought this whole section was dead.

4. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

RifE is being contined as Ashes of Erebus, Tholal is still commited to More Naval AI, and Esvavth is doing a thing with Master of Mana.

5. PPQ_Purple

I newer really cared about Orbis and MoM. But RifE still exists? Where? I can't find it anywhere.

Also, I remember you! It's been ages.

6. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

This is essentially RifE, but with fewer bugs than the latest official version.

Also, hiii PPQ. How've you been?

7. PPQ_Purple

Thanks for the link. I'll definitively look it up. How stable is it? I seem to remember the original RifE being very unstable at times and basically running into memory allocation faults all day. Has that changed? That's part of the reason why I gave up on the module I had going

And I've been fine. Life has just been busy. That and with Civ 5 coming out and me wanting absolutely no part of it I saw the modding community migrating to a game I don't play. And that in turn drove me away.

8. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

I've never actually played Ashes, so I can't really comment on it. I haven't played Civ4 or any mods for it in years. Hasn't stopped me from checking this forum pretty much every day, but there you go.

Mm. I bought Civ V in expectation of E'iten, the RifE team's new mod. And then that never happened. C'est la vie.

9. Calavente

Calavente Richard's voice

A_Moon : did you try Ea (for civ 5 )?
    I'm currently thinking about buying civ5 just to play Ea or the other C5 fantasy mods...

10. A Moon

A Moon The "A" is silent

Nope.

11. PPQ_Purple

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in trying the old module I was working in in RiFE? I fired the old modding forge up again and I actually had the mod worked out quite far. So I might be able to release it soon enough for AoE.

12. Tarquelne

Tarquelne Follower of Tytalus

Ooo, there are people here! I was curious.

I tried "Endless Legend" recently. At first I thought it awesome. Pretty soon, however, I concluded that there wasn't enough game under all the attractive innovations. Good concept, not so good execution of the nitty gritty. I tried Civ4 again and was blown away by all the interesting decisions to make compared to the newer title. At least once you add some mods.