Barbarian Tribe Names Question

GIDustin

Emperor
I would have searched for this because I know it was listed in some post, but the search is disabled currently.

I remember that the number of barbarian tribe names you need is linked to the number of civs in the game, and there is some connection between them. So, What is the connection and how many do you need per civ? I am working on the MTG Mod and in play-testing I am running into barbarian tribes that just dont make any sense at all.

Thanks in advance

GIDustin

I think there just have to be 76 barbarians tribes. I dont think the number of civs have anytrhing to do with it.

Originally posted by mrtn
At least in PTW it's 76. That's 15 for each culture group plus one generic 'Barbarian' tribe.
its 76 in vanilla civ too.

OK a question, perhaps utterly silly: is it possible to link the barbarians to certain civs? How do you do that? So that Apaches, Sioux etc start around the same place as americans...

Originally posted by mrtn
They already are linked to their culture group. So yes, the apache will plague the americans.

Actually, I don't think so -- in the PTW Civilizations tab, there is only one entry for "A Barbarian Kingdom" (i.e., there is only one Civ listing for all barbarians); when chosen, "Tribe" replaces "City Name", and "Cultural Group" and "Great Leaders" are both greyed out.

Sorry,

Oz

Ozy, I refer you to the help text within the editor:

Originally posted by ozymandias

Actually, I don't think so -- in the PTW Civilizations tab, there is only one entry for "A Barbarian Kingdom" (i.e., there is only one Civ listing for all barbarians); when chosen, "Tribe" replaces "City Name", and "Cultural Group" and "Great Leaders" are both greyed out.

Sorry,

Oz
Yes, and the first 15 of those barbarians are linked to the american culture group. Hard coded.:scan:

Sweet,

Thanks people for your help

GIDustin

Top Bottom