1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians and Battleships

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by fatgordy, Oct 29, 2016.

1. fatgordy

fatgordy Chicken in Pants

Playing for my first win and I just sent my armadas across the great ocean to gain control of the seas around my future enemy France when low and behold, I run into a Barbarian battleship. I don't know that I really have an issue with it as far as gameplay is concerned, but I just had a bit of a chuckle that the Barbs can build such technology. I did some quick research and the Internet told me that each Iowa class Battleship that the US built back in the day cost about $1.8 Billion (adjusted for inflation) and took 3 years and some major infrastructure to build.

But what I find even more interesting is that the only opponent left in my game, France, doesn't even own one yet, lol. Those Barbs must really have their act together!!

2. Chapel

Chapel Chieftain

I guess it could be okay gameplay wise but personally that damages my immersion even more than as an example Sumeria building the Eiffel Tower in the 16th century. Also by late game they should only really be able to harass not actually threaten.

3. MetaSkipper

MetaSkipper Chieftain

City States and Barbarians advance in tech and civics when enough major civilizations have them. I suppose in a game with only two civs left, one civ having a tech is enough.

fatgordy likes this.