1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians and goodie huts?!!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Better AI' started by JosEPh_II, Jul 31, 2010.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I know you guys on the Better AI team have enhanced the Barbarians.

This screenshot came from a Rise of Mankind 2.92 with A New Dawn 174D Modmod game.

I've had similar experiences but this one tops the rest. Barbarians are mean critters now.

It was the 4th Goodie hut found. The 1st 2 gave maps the 3rd a Tech (Weaving) then this one. Definitely Hostile! And then some. Is this your intentions for making barbs tougher? :eek:

By the way I play on the Noble difficulty level.

JosEPh :crazyeye:

2. Cybah

Cybah Emperor

It's normal. There can spawn 3 warriors when enter a goody hut with a unit that has not bNoBadGoodies 1.

3. Fuyu

Fuyu Emperor

What you get from goody huts has not been changed in Better AI afaik.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This spawned 5 units from the goodie hut not 3. 1 animal with a 3 strength and 4 warriors.

If as cybah said 3 is normal then how did 5 show up?

And Afforess swears he has done nothing with the Barbs, that only you guys have done that.

And if what you say is true Fuyu then what has happened to goodie huts? Is the game now thinking for itself?

5 Hostile units from a Goodie hut is eXtreme in any case. Especially at just the Noble level.

By the way the Warrior defeated the cave bear but died from the 1st warrior attack after.

JosEPh

5. NotSoGood

NotSoGood Emperor

Bears cannot be received from goody huts, exept if someone has changed that. It seems that you got the rare case of GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG on noble. The propability is 5% (I think it is. There is 20 goodies listed in noble and only one GOODY_BARBARIANS_STRONG.) It spawns atleast two barbarians, but then has the possiblity of 40% to spawn more on eac plot. The code loops the tiles around you and checks if the plot is passable, has it any units and then it runs a randum number to see if it spawns a warrior. If you didn't understand me at all, here's the code from better ai that is untouched and the same as in vanilla:
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    	if (GC.getGoodyInfo(eGoody).getBarbarianUnitClass() != NO_UNITCLASS)
    	{
    		iBarbCount = 0;

eUnit = (UnitTypes)GC.getCivilizationInfo(GET_PLAYER(BARBARIAN_PLAYER).getCivilizationType()).getCivilizationUnits(GC.getGoodyInfo(eGoody).getBarbarianUnitClass());

if (eUnit != NO_UNIT)
    		{
    			for (iPass = 0; iPass < 2; iPass++)
    			{
    				if (iBarbCount < GC.getGoodyInfo(eGoody).getMinBarbarians())
    				{
    					for (iI = 0; iI < NUM_DIRECTION_TYPES; iI++)
    					{
    						pLoopPlot = plotDirection(pPlot->getX_INLINE(), pPlot->getY_INLINE(), ((DirectionTypes)iI));

if (pLoopPlot != NULL)
    						{
    							if (pLoopPlot->getArea() == pPlot->getArea())
    							{
    								if (!(pLoopPlot->isImpassable()))
    								{
    									if (pLoopPlot->getNumUnits() == 0)
    									{
    										if ((iPass > 0) || (GC.getGameINLINE().getSorenRandNum(100, "Goody Barbs") < GC.getGoodyInfo(eGoody).getBarbarianUnitProb()))
    										{
    											GET_PLAYER(BARBARIAN_PLAYER).initUnit(eUnit, pLoopPlot->getX_INLINE(), pLoopPlot->getY_INLINE(), ((pLoopPlot->isWater()) ? UNITAI_ATTACK_SEA : UNITAI_ATTACK));
    											iBarbCount++;

if ((iPass > 0) && (iBarbCount == GC.getGoodyInfo(eGoody).getMinBarbarians()))
    											{
    												break;
    											}
    										}
    									}
    								}
    							}
    						}
    					}
    				}
    			}
    		}
    	}

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I'm not a modder and and your code example is lost on me.

So the Bear just happened to be close by the goodie hut and I hit the jackpot on warriors. Figures that's how my games seem to go. :/

I do experience 2 and 3 warriors from Goodie huts on Noble quite often.

And over all the barbs are a major force to be reckoned with from about 5000BC (RoM starts at 6000BC) up to 1000BC. I play on Epic speed. By that time I have a sufficient military to go Barb city hunting and assimilate as many as possible before the rival AI's do.

JosEPh