Barbarians Attacking Each Other

Vynd

Prince
In the Warlords game I was playing last night I was able to observe a lot of barbarians roaming around in a vast area of ice and tundra that contained several barbarian cities. At one point, I watched a barbarian Axeman attack and kill a barbarian Archer. Have barbarians always been attacking each other, and I just never noticed before? Or is this something new for Warlords? Is there any way to tell which barbarians are hostile to each other?

You know I have never thought about it but they should attack each other! I mean a "civ" originally rises from barbarians who conquere all the barbarians around them (along with a few other things of cource).
I certaintly hope that this has been put in the game.

This is wonderful if you actually saw this. I wish there was a way you could screenshot that. It's been suspected that barbarians do indeed fight each other, but there have not been any reports of anybody actually seeing such combat. I myself have only been suspicious of this because I have occasionally run into barbarians that had tons of experience in solo games (games where it is just you versus the barbarians). And I knew they hadn't been fighting me! So that sort of narrowed it down....

!

Are you sure?!

I have always thought they should attack one another, but never thought they did. I've certainly never seen it.

I hope you're right.

Um. I seriously doubt you saw what you think you saw.

Looking at the Worldbuilder and such, it seems pretty clear that Barbarians are treated as a single civ. They have special rules, such as how they create cities and units and such. But I really don't see anything that would suggest a Barb unit could attack another Barb unit, just like there's nothing to suggest any other AI civ could have one of it's units attack another.

It may sound strange that they would attack each other if they were one civ, but I wouldn't be suprised if Firaxis stuck that in there just for fun. I don't see how else barbarians could get experience points if you're the only guy in the game.

Maybe it was a barbarian fighting a unit from another civ? You may have mistaken the archer from a different civ for a barbarian archer.

Thor's Hammer said:
Maybe it was a barbarian fighting a unit from another civ? You may have mistaken the archer from a different civ for a barbarian archer.

I don't know if this was directed at me, but that's certainly not possible in solo games as there are no other civs.

One thing though, you guys have sort of assumed that the barbarians are collectively a single civ. But I think Firaxis has designed these guys such that any new group or camp that pops up is sort of its own mini-civ. Depending on how far they've programmed in this individuality, this could explain barbarians fighting each other.

Barbarian simply cannot attack barbarian. As has been said, all barbs are considered to be a team.

Hence, you didn't see what you think you did.

Strange. The "show enemy moves" option doesn't let you see the combats unless you're involved, so I'm not quite sure how you saw this.

Well barbarians build wonders and what not in their cities so mebbe they built a barracks or something? Could also be that since you were playing with no other ai the different barb cities treat each other as enemies as a sort of easter egg?

I haven't seen anything in the coding to support Barb on barb fighting they are just classed as one i can't say what you did see but barb on barb wasn't it unless it was a glitch in the graphic because there is no code i've seen for this to happen

jimbob27 said:
Strange. The "show enemy moves" option doesn't let you see the combats unless you're involved, so I'm not quite sure how you saw this.

I don't think that's right. It shows combat if it's in your LOS, so you would see it if it's in the sight range of your cities or in the LOS of an AI city that has your state religion.

If the barbarians do attack each others, we will be in loose position. No more barbarian for promotion... :cry: .

Regards,
Arto.

Im playing warlords and there are four barbarian cities assaulting my two cities. They are ignoring each other, even other civs that they DIRECTLY PASS NOT EVEN ONE TILE AWAY :mad: :mad: :mad: and beeline for my stupid two cities that have no time to grow because they are pumping out axemen.

There is no way for me to win this game unless Vishnu blesses Moscow with about 40 ICBMs.

Does anyone know how barbbarian cities are founded? Do barbarians actually build settlers or they just appear out of nowhere

Koelle said:
Does anyone know how barbbarian cities are founded? Do barbarians actually build settlers or they just appear out of nowhere

I have seen a barb settler he was with 2 warriors but i'm not sure if he was made in a city or not as i just spotted them and killed them:confused:

Top Bottom