1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians captured a city

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by zxcvbob, Sep 2, 2020.

1. zxcvbob

zxcvbob Emperor

First time I've seen that. :) Kongo beat me to a city spot. I'm playing as Gilgamesh, so I've been fairly aggressively killing barb camps for the bonus, but I left one that was a lot closer to this city than to my city that was 4 tiles away. It was also close to another spot I wanted to settle, and I thought they might keep Kongo settlers away, or even capture one for me.

A barbarian scout found me and soon barbs were pouring out and coming after both of us but mostly him; the camp was close to some iron, so they had swords. Next thing I know, the Kongo city is gone! (I think it had walls, too, but I'm not sure)

I mopped up the barbarians with a knight and a crossbow, and I noticed they had a battering ram and catapults. I eventually settled a city where that one was destroyed, and another where the encampment with the iron was.

The barbarians saved me a lot of trouble; I thought I was going to have to goto war and take that city. There will be a war soon (Mvemba has been denouncing me over and over) but I can take a much better city that has the Pyramids instead of this outpost that was in a good spot but hadn't developed yet.

Flaxitux, Banazir864 and tedhebert like this.
  2. AlanC9

AlanC9 Chieftain

In my current game, the barbs came thisclose to capturing Delhi, but lost their last melee unit before it fell. The barbs had a catapult and crossbows pounding the place, but no way to take it.

Edit: are barbarians actually allowed to take capitals?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
  3. Pietato

Pietato Platonic Perfection

Barbs cannot take capitals.

AntSou likes this.