Barbarians dont know how to heal?

Smrgol

Chieftain
After playing lots of games one thing that is bugging me is the lack of Barbarians healing themselves when they are in their encampments.

I'm playing a game at the moment where I got one unit down to 1 health and was distracted by another wondering around, for 3 turns the one in the encampment did not heal a single point, are they not fortified or anything?

It appears they either don't have the ability or are programmed not to. I've never had a barbarian heal on me to this day.

At first I thought it was because they stay on the move all the time. But no, even when encamped they don't seem to heal. These really are the lamest barbs I've ever seen.

Barbs are just nice gentlemen offering their experience to the nearest civ.

They haven't discovered ouchie-go-away tech yet.

You are correct they don't attack cities. Why? If i read the rules right - there is no point to it - they cant capture it and they cant gain tech/gold. It would be suicide plain and simple. They dont always raze improvements either.

I'd like to see a "Attila" mod that actually allows for cities to be raided, lost or even razed by the AI.

Rat

Barbs are just nice gentlemen offering their experience to the nearest civ.

this. when you send a scout or three out to steal the world's goodie huts, spend time killing barbs. you can earn up to 30 experience from them for each unit.

I think they don't heal to prevent exploits like bombarding them repeatedly until you get 30 XP.

Btw they aren't just "nice gentlemen", they can cause problems by pillaging improvements around your cities if you don't have any units to kill them (killing them with only the city takes time, which they can use for pillage).

Also I noticed a strange phenomenon when they defend an encampment - their fortify bonus alternates between 25% to 50% every turn (IIRC it was the same in Civ4 when they were defending a goody hut - they had 5% and 10% fortify bonus).

I think they don't heal to prevent exploits like bombarding them repeatedly until you get 30 XP.

True but you can just as easily camp and farm .. a ... er camp lol and kill units as they spawn.

Rat

Barbarians keep spawing new soldiers from their camps even though they do not heal.

They are like modern terrorists without hospitals but having huge recruitment results.

They don't heal because they are constantly fortified. If they weren't they would stand a chance against surrounding civs.

They don't heal because they are constantly fortified. If they weren't they would stand a chance against surrounding civs.

Fortifying heals units. Barbarians must have a special trait that makes it not so.

Maybe they have no bandaids or because they are barbarians, they don't use them. "We need no stinkin bandaids" (left the g out on purpose)

Or there is no female barbarains to kiss their boo boos when they get home. :p

Maybe they have no bandaids or because they are barbarians, they don't use them. "We need no stinkin bandaids" (left the g out on purpose)

Or there is no female barbarains to kiss their boo boos when they get home. :p

What, no feisty barbarian wenches? And how do they make new barbarians in that case?

What, no feisty barbarian wenches? And how do they make new barbarians in that case?

Cloning vats. It only makes sense. You clearly are on a world after some sort of nuclear apocalypse or something of that nature. That's why you can find ruins with rifled guns, vehicles, etc in them.

Cloning vats. It only makes sense. You clearly are on a world after some sort of nuclear apocalypse or something of that nature. That's why you can find ruins with rifled guns, vehicles, etc in them.

This starts to make sense. Why do we not see the leaders of the city states, for example? *Because they are not human* My theory is that they are benevolent aliens who have established bases to help a crippled planet through its recovery, hence the infinite food supplies, either grown in advanced underground hydroponic farms or imported from space colonies.

We do see their human servants in the form of military units. But, like the barbs, these could be simply human clones programmed to serve them. (It is plain that, being peaceful, the ETs do not fully understand military matters, so they require feral beings like us to implement the mayhem.)

Top Bottom