Barbarians Help the Enemy

Rirse

Warlord
I just discovery something strange. When fighting the Dutch as the Mayas, I had to take out one of their cities that existed on a island. The thing is, when I send my boat to attack, I had trouble finding land, because barbarians were guarding the coast for the Dutch. Even worst, when I did landed, the barbarians killed one of my fighters, making the battle for the island to be even tougher. Have to say, those barbarian must got bride by the Dutch or something. :D

Attachments

• barbarianhelp.jpg
    barbarianhelp.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 265
we should have an option to negotiate with the barbs and offer them something in exchange for their help in destroying another civ... :)

Could be that the dutch took one hit point from those barbs, then they fortified. Then you entered exactly when they healed, and they figured you were an easier target.

I know, it is far-fetched...

Acually no, those barbarians were there a few turns ago as well, defending. Because I made a fake deal with the Dutch to see if they had any island cities (as I saw the Dutch boarder coming out of the ocean), and they gave me the city with the two barbarians outside of it, doing the same thing here.

Those are cool borders. Where are they from?

In C3C barbarians are smarter, they would rather fortify and have a chance of surviving than to attack a city.

This sounds rather cool. I will probably set barbarians to raging or so next time, but I bet the AI will deal worse with it than I.

It is the fact that they hardly ever bother the AI that I set them to sedentary. I'd turn them off completely if it didnt remove all the goody huts.

When a horde of barbarians wander around and through weakly defended AI territory to get to my railroaded and irrigated land, you know it is bs.

Originally posted by Longasc
This sounds rather cool. I will probably set barbarians to raging or so next time, but I bet the AI will deal worse with it than I.
It all depends at what level you are playing.
AI has a huge advantage against Barbarians compare to you if you play diety, but has a disadvantage if you play Warlord.

Top Bottom