Barbarians in RifE

Imuratep

Cultist of the Old Ones
I tried RifE mostly because the changes you made for the Sheaim. And yes I do like them now that I've actually played them. BUT the barbarians are way too strong. Not that I had a problem with them. I've found enough ways to defend against them. But the AI is getting killed or is stuck to one or two cities. I am alone on my continent and on the other one there are about 3 civs with 4 cities ALL IN ALL. But the most obvious evidence that something is wrong is that I researched Infernal Pact and the Infernals were killed immediately. I didn't want to play them, but if I wanted to, I would not have the opportunity to choose them.
Is there ANY reason for this? More barbarians that's ok. But barbarians stronger than any AI do not serve the barbarians' purpose. I do like my savegame, but without AIs it does not make any sense to continue.
Edit: And how do you regain terrain that transforms into blighted forest every turn?

Attachments

• Sheaim RifE.CivBeyondSwordSave
    430.5 KB · Views: 52
Are you using the SVN revision? The barbarians aren't quite as bad in that.

And how do you regain terrain that transforms into blighted forest every turn?

Really? Every single turn without fail?

SVN revision? Where do I get that? The only thing I installed was RifE 1.30 and the latest patch.

And yes, every single turn. The blighted forest appeared on a tile with deer and transformed it into toads. I destroyed the blighted forest with skeletons and tar demons and the next turn it was there again.

SVN info can be found on the beta subforum of our main forum, here: http://greyfox.me/rife/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=79

Barbs are much more balanced in it. As well as many bug fixes, and a few new features (xUPT, improved resource display, improved affinities, etc).

As for the blighted forest issue... I have no idea. I don't play with that option enabled, nor did I add it (was inherited from FF).

It wasn't enabled. But now I found an entry in the civilopedia that you can only enter it if you have Iron Working. I could enter it but when I gave me the tech via world builder it did not come back.
But as the savegame is gone anyway...

So it's a bug then?

I've had it show up when a toad resource spawnd at a camp in an ancient forest. Gave the animals culture on the tile too. Had to destroy it three or four turns before it stayed gone. And yes the option was off.

I've seen blighted forest show up with hell terrain before as well and I never have that option on.

In my savegame the animal fraction did get the land too, even if I gave me the land back via World Builder.

I think some mapscripts place it on their own, but i'm not 100% sure about that.

Top Bottom