1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians...Leaders...world events

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Foresight, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Foresight

Foresight Chieftain

This could be utilized so much more. Barbarians weren't only around back in the cave man days. They are still around today in new varieties. I.E. Terrorists, Drug Smugglers, Rioters, etc. Instead of having only Warriors/Horsemen popping up, in the later era have unique units only available to barbarians.

You could go a step further and have them start up small cities where anyone who builds close to them suffers heavy corruption.

You could go another step further and have them create leaders such Osama/Hussein/Malosovich/etc that look unique in animation that constantly disrupt the world. It could trigger all civilizations wanting instant peace no matter how bad the situation to remove the unwanted new civ/terrorist.

2. sir_schwick

sir_schwick Archbishop of Towels

Modern terrorists maybe a good idea, but barbarians were typically those who weren't of the major civ of the day. Especially in Roman times, barbarians were simply non-latin/greek speakers. I think small barbarian kingdoms should be able to be negotiated with and hired out for mercenarie purposes. They could even become vassel states(look at the province thread).

3. M37

M37 Chieftain

I dunno it might be interesting all thogh history some less scrupulious nations have paid others to make troubble for others.

Imagine a scenatio where your facing a medium sized army and then barbaris spring up. Id also like to see the retun of the Partizan of Civ2.

4. LOVE_Magiska

LOVE_Magiska Chieftain

This is being discussed in other threads :)

Hussein and Malosovich were rulers, not terrorists.