1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians never form cities, and no revolutions

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Crimson Phantom, May 13, 2010.

1. Crimson Phantom

Crimson Phantom Chieftain

Whenever I play, there never seem to be any barbarian civs forming and no one EVER succumbs to a revolution - no one even seems to have the slightest revolt. I play on epic speed.

The problem with no barbarian civs forming isn't because there are too many civs, I never have more than 30 starting out when it can handle 50, and the lack of revolutions appears to be that the RoM civics just nerf all revolutions - stability is always too high.

2. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

Heh. What difficulty do you play on? I was playing on Noble and the whole world was regularly falling into rebellion. My stability was extremely high, but apparently not anyone else's.

3. sukha

sukha Chieftain

When I was playing Noble it was all quiet and peaceful, on Monarch things are different.

4. Crimson Phantom

Crimson Phantom Chieftain

Yeah, I play on noble. Even with raging barbarians, no one is ever annihilated by them and they never form cities. In RevDCM on its own, civs drop like flies. Like I said, I think it's the fact that all civics generally grant massive stability bonuses, even the early ones.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

I play on noble and barbs do form cities and kill civs.

6. sukha

sukha Chieftain

Another cause is putting many AIs, even on Gigantic with 32 AIs the Barbs will only form cities in free spaces? Dunno, but on Monarch :):):):) is flying left and right.

I tried putting Barb World, but with 32 AIs x 32 Barb Cities the turns get slower in the beginning lawl.

7. Sonereal

Sonereal ♫We got the guillotine♫ Supporter

On slower speeds, like Eternity, they don't form civilizations even after a 1000 turns of play but of course, that should be expected.

I find that a good way of increasing the number of barb civs rising is by lowering the pop limit requirement.

And of course, playing on larger map sizes with less starting players and lower pop limit probably would lead to half the continent acting like it's called the Balkans.