1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians razed my city, even though I have the Great Wall

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Rhye's and Fall of Civilization' started by Iapetus303, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Iapetus303

Iapetus303 Chieftain

Currenly playing as Russia. I have the Great Wall in Tiraspol, which has very helpfully kept the barbarians away from my cities.

Around about 1400AD, a couple of barbarian horse archers spawned in Central Asia just east of the Urals. "Not to worry" I thought, as I have the great wall, and all my civilian units in the area are inside my borders, or will be before the barbarians reach them.

But then, two turns later, they entered my borders near the (unguarded) city of Kzyl-Orda, and razed it to the ground.

What gives?

I can't see anything in the GW description to suggest it would have stopped working (unless "on continent" means that it won't work in Asia if built in Europe, but I thought "continent" in CIV just meant "landmass").

2. LuKo

LuKo The Royal Guard

But you are playing RFC not cIV- here "continent" means "continent" :)

3. HallBregg

HallBregg Chieftain

wait, isn't the Great wall already built 99% ot the times when you spawn as russia? :eek:

4. Iapetus303

Iapetus303 Chieftain

I started as Greece and built the GW in the Russian flip zone, along with several other cities and associated infrastructure). :D

I also filled Arabia with really badly-place cities, and made sure I had the same religion throughout the Russian, Turkish, and Arabian core areas, to keep my neighbours weak and/or sweet. It has the side effect of meaning almost all of Afro-Eurasia is Jewish, apart from Germany (Christian), China (Confusian), India (Hindu) and France and Spain (both atheist :crazyeye:).

5. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Yeah, "Europe" in RFC extends as far as Siberia, but areas like Mongolia or Central Asia are part of the "Asia" continent.