Barbarians Scenario

CiverDan

Warlord
Just tried this once..kind of funny..But here are some simple tips for those trying this out:

1. Dont send single units to pillage. They will get killed by its counter

2. Keep you camp well protected. Lose this and its game over.

3. Do not buy down your treasury too much. Buy only the units you need otherwise you risk going broke.

4. Buy a mix of units. Even more so then vanilla CIV not using a mix will make yout attack stacks vulnerable to counter attack.

6. Get the cities first, you can pillage the surrounding land after while some of your other units heal.

7. Dont buy warriors..duh.

These are also good tips for the Genghis scenario. Also if you decide to raze everything be ready for a tons random horsemen to spawn behind you.

I keep getting trounced on this (i've played 3 times so far) ususally due a lag in technology. But one thing that seems to be helpful is splitting up into a couple of "hordes" when possible and attacking more than 1 civ to prevent any 1 of them from getting too powerful. Also I try to have a small pillage group of 1 or 2 swordsman along with a horse archer/chariot that can go around pillaging the landscape for gold while my main stack is laying seige, etc., but I'm curious what others think about this strategy.

Top Bottom