1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Barbarians

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by cypher132, Jun 14, 2009.

1. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

Are there any important barbarian characters?
    Are there any leaders of the barbarians?
    Who are the Muris Clan? (Aside from goblins)

Kinda stupid questions, but been bugging me.

2. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

Other than the Clan of Embers' characters? You might recall Orthus, the gentleman with the huge flaming axe that probably killed your infant civ once or twice. That's one important Barbarian character/leader. TumTum is another; not a leader by any extent, but c'mon, he's a boar-riding ogre! With Hero, IIRC. And of course, the dragon Acheron. Otherwise, they're just a bunch of orcs, lizardmen, and occasionally ogres who don't kill each other, and kill everyone else. Except Charadon and the Clan of Embers, though both truces are subject to change if the civs involved get to uppity and "civilized."

The full extent of our knowledge of the Muris Clan goblins is below:
    Spoiler All known facts about Muris Clan :
    They have terrible, terrible hygiene.

3. Xin

Xin Chieftain

Isn't TumTum the name of a boar not an ogre?

4. Darksaber1

Darksaber1 Secret Emperor

Fixed it for you.;)

5. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I'd read KillerClowns's post as "a boar minus a riding ogre"

6. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Emperor

You're right. Which brings up the important question: who's the brains of the operation? The boar, or the ogre? That's... actually a good question.

7. MagisterCultuum

I always assumed that the Ogres riding Tumtum tend to get themselves killed and have to be replaced rather often. The Boar is smarter than that.

8. cypher132

cypher132 Emperor

Which brings me to my new question. What's so big about TumTum? I've never heard a story about him aside from in his own entry.

9. Imaginia 1

Imaginia 1 Chieftain

Mocha is a frostling, so he should count as barbarian. He is a voodoo frostlign and can be annoying. BTW: When Orthus enters you get a message. He enters and he never makes it to me. It is annoying, some nubish AI gets rid of him before I get to see him. If someone has a screenshot of him.... I'd be thankful.

10. Elukka

Elukka Chieftain

Here's Orthus for you. As you can see, I had some major trouble with the barbarians... And that was all default settings, no 'Raging Barbarians'.

11. Imaginia 1

Imaginia 1 Chieftain

TY. on normal settings, i have just as many barbarians as you. destroy dungeons to stop them spawning. Warning though, make sure it is not near your city (if possible destroy one near an enemy city) and have lots of strong troops around it (not required for enemy city option). This is because it spawns tonnes of monsters. If it doesn't get destroyed after five tries, a boss will appear. I got 2 warriors on lvl 3 to get to lvl8 by doing this. On died to a boss though...
    Also, one dungeon contains a takeout of Monty Python and the Holy Grail. As soon as a scout/ whatever the first unit of yours to see it sees it, a random event will pop up saying that the dungeon is guarded by white death with big teeth (approx, haven't had this event in a while) This is refering to the rabbit guarding the cave that the monster of aaarrgghh lives in in Monty Pythin and the Holy Grail.
    You will have three options. None make you lose your unit and all give an advantage exept run.

12. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Cool, I've never had this event before, and I've always explored dungeons.

13. Elukka

Elukka Chieftain

There was one dungeon nearby. Usually I don't get anywhere near as many barbarians so I wasn't really prepared. Incidentally, the dungeon was the reason I lost Khazak.
    I tried destroying it, but it spawned stacks of enemies 4 times.

14. Tasunke

Tasunke Crazy Horse

Barbatos was one of Kylorin's students and now is a powerful Lich locked away in an Epic Lair. He unfortunately lost most of his power in recent versions, but he was a very nasty rogue agent to have lounging about nearby.

15. Guale

Guale Warlord

Indeed he was, I miss the old Barbatos.

16. MagisterCultuum

I like bringing Barbatos back stronger than before, and making the random event that warns you about the Broken Sepulcher spawn him.

17. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

That's just mean.

18. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I like bringing him back and giving the spawn event a choice for him to be powerful enough to overtake entire continents.

19. Imaginia 1

Imaginia 1 Chieftain

I don't know if any conditions affect this or not. I was playing as the Lanun. I had my "The black wind" searching shipwrecks for treasure. I had One scout exploring the map (as soon as this scout saw this dungeon in its LOS it triggered the event). I had 3 cities and worshiped the OO (still checking what all the reliions are like) The dungeon was a dungeon dungeon (not like ruins or graveyards) and was between some mountains and 2 tiles from the sea.

Elukka: the same thing happened to me, though I was the Amurites and had two lvl 3 warriors nearby as well as my adept. The two warriors destroyed everything but the boss. The boss was a specter, a grey cloud and some rather large ghost like thing.
    Hope I hoped somehow.